Sep 26, 2015 at 12:17 PM Post #4,112 of 6,388
What does this mean in the LCD-3 specs:

Maximum Power Handling: 

15W (for 200ms)

https://www.audeze.com/products/headphones/lcd-3

What does the "for 200ms' mean?

Sep 26, 2015 at 1:31 PM Post #4,114 of 6,388
Oct 2, 2015 at 10:37 AM Post #4,116 of 6,388
  Anyone know how to make the LCD3 more comfortable to wear?

It seems to me LCD2 was more comfortable. Maybe i'm just imagining things.

The planar comfort pad is your best best. A seller over here on this site has them: http://www.head-fi.org/f/6553/cables-speakers-tweaks-accessories-for-sale-trade

Oct 2, 2015 at 10:46 PM Post #4,118 of 6,388

The planar comfort pad is your best best. A seller over here on this site has them: http://www.head-fi.org/f/6553/cables-speakers-tweaks-accessories-for-sale-trade

I think it's the strap that's the issue. It's too thin and the padding is not well made. 

I've never had a problem with HD700's construction, but then again the LCD 3 is a heavy monster.

Oct 17, 2015 at 12:53 PM Post #4,120 of 6,388
If you like the sound, than probably no need to upgrade. But you can try to visit some audio saloon, and ask if it is possible to bring you phones, and to listen to their gear. Than you'll be able to make a final decision,  is it wroth to upgrade.
To me X7 has definitely not the best headphone amplifier. It's ok for hi impedance load, but if you phones below 64 ohm, that amp tend to distort...
I was starting from the buying or building good amp at first.

Oct 20, 2015 at 9:20 PM Post #4,122 of 6,388
  I think it's the strap that's the issue. It's too thin and the padding is not well made. 

I've never had a problem with HD700's construction, but then again the LCD 3 is a heavy monster.

Head-fi member Lohb makes a great leather suspension strap (I've got one and it makes a MASSIVE difference) also Audeze is launching a new suspension headstrap around 1st nov which from what I have read is a game changer for the LCD series comfort but is a lot more expensive that the leather straps Lohb makes.

Oct 20, 2015 at 9:24 PM Post #4,123 of 6,388

Head-fi member Lohb makes a great leather suspension strap (I've got one and it makes a MASSIVE difference) also Audeze is launching a new suspension headstrap around 1st nov which from what I have read is a game changer for the LCD series comfort but is a lot more expensive that the leather straps Lohb makes.

100% agree. I have the Lohb suspension strap, and it's a great add to my LCD-3F's. I also had the chance to try the new Audeze carbon-fiber suspension strap version - twice actually, once on the Z prototype at RMAF 2014 and just recently at the 2015 RMAF on the LCD-4. Cheers 

Oct 20, 2015 at 9:31 PM Post #4,124 of 6,388
  100% agree. I have the Lohb suspension strap, and it's a great add to my LCD-3F's. I also had the chance to try the new Audeze carbon-fiber suspension strap version - twice actually, once on the Z prototype at RMAF 2014 and just recently at the 2015 RMAF on the LCD-4. Cheers 

How did you find the new strap in comparison to the Lohb strap? I'm seriously considering getting one if the impressions I've read are accurate and it is a big step up in the comfort department

Oct 20, 2015 at 10:05 PM Post #4,125 of 6,388

How did you find the new strap in comparison to the Lohb strap? I'm seriously considering getting one if the impressions I've read are accurate and it is a big step up in the comfort department

I like the new strap better. The Lohb strap is a good fix, but it has a few issues IMO. First if you have a big head you have to get a the longer yokes in order to have the headphones fit as the Lohb straps make you lose 3-4 "clicks" on the adjustments. Second the strap causes the headphones to sit a bit precariously on your head, as they're suspended above a bit oddly and the center of gravity is shifted a bit. Not a huge deal, as it is more comfortable on your noggin, but it does feel a bit unbalanced at times. 

The new Audeze straps negate both of those issues, and they look Sierra Hotel with the carbon fiber. I'll likely be lining up for a new set (Xmas stocking perhaps?!)

Cheers 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back