Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread
Jun 16, 2015 at 5:10 PM Post #3,841 of 6,385
My LCD-3's are the classic. Not fazor. December 2013 manufacture and they are still going strong without driver failure. So it sounds like a fazor issue.

Jun 16, 2015 at 5:46 PM Post #3,842 of 6,385
My LCD-3's are the classic. Not fazor. December 2013 manufacture and they are still going strong without driver failure. So it sounds like a fazor issue.

And didn't they change the drivers at the same time as adding the Fazor?

Jun 16, 2015 at 5:50 PM Post #3,844 of 6,385
Yeah, my usage hasn't changed.  I keep them on my desk at work.  Approx 6-8 hours/day, 5 days/week.  Moderate volumes.  I take them on and off probably 5-10 times a day.

Jun 16, 2015 at 6:43 PM Post #3,845 of 6,385
Jun 17, 2015 at 10:17 AM Post #3,849 of 6,385
For me, it was a sudden death.  Listening contently, put them down to go to a meeting (music paused), and come back to a dead left ear.  

That said, I could have sworn I was hearing more static than usual the few days prior.  I would switch the ears the cable would go to and the static would move, it only seemed to happen on certain frequencies on certain recordings, so I assumed (and still do) that it was the recording and I just became more aware of it, making me think I was hearing it more in others.  Every time I tried to confirm the problem with another pair of headphones, I'm pretty sure I could still hear it.  All this is so subjective and none of this was scientific, so take it with an ocean of salt.  

Jun 18, 2015 at 10:35 PM Post #3,852 of 6,385

Sorry for the delay in posting, Have been awaiting my new ear pads to arrive from Audeze as you have to take the pads off to check. They arrived this morning so be swapping them out tonight. 

Hi, 

I've just received mine, they may be too thick for my needs, would you please let me know how you installed them and share the final result?

Cheers

Jun 18, 2015 at 11:13 PM Post #3,853 of 6,385
  Hi, 

I've just received mine, they may be too thick for my needs, would you please let me know how you installed them and share the final result?

Cheers

Which pads did you go for?

I just had some new microfiber ones arrive and they look a lot slimmer than my leather ones Havent measured but will do, Its been a long road for me as i had an issue with one fazor touching my ear and not sitting straight. Tried to tell them it was a frame issue but they wanted to try pads first so (1 week waiting for foam spacers) still have the issue, then they sent me some new pads (another week waiting) still didn't fix the issue as the pads look a lot thinner. After a lot more emails they are finally sending me a new frame as its bent (the C shaped part that goes around the wooden cup). 

There is a guide on Audezes website for changing the pads. https://www.audeze.com/padschange Its really straight forward although some people have issues with the leather ripping off but another member suggested a smooth butter knife and slowly peel them off helps to reduce this.

Will post a photo comparison of the 2 pads for you guys tonight.

Jun 18, 2015 at 11:19 PM Post #3,854 of 6,385
  Which pads did you go for?

I just had some new microfiber ones arrive and they look a lot slimmer than my leather ones Havent measured but will do, Its been a long road for me as i had an issue with one fazor touching my ear and not sitting straight. Tried to tell them it was a frame issue but they wanted to try pads first so (1 week waiting for foam spacers) still have the issue, then they sent me some new pads (another week waiting) still didn't fix the issue as the pads look a lot thinner. After a lot more emails they are finally sending me a new frame as its bent (the C shaped part that goes around the wooden cup). 

There is a guide on Audezes website for changing the pads. https://www.audeze.com/padschange Its really straight forward although some people have issues with the leather ripping off but another member suggested a smooth butter knife and slowly peel them off helps to reduce this.

Will post a photo comparison of the 2 pads for you guys tonight.

Are the pads just stuck on? I was thinking of replacing mine with the brown leather version. Have you heard a difference in sound between leather and micro?

Jun 18, 2015 at 11:30 PM Post #3,855 of 6,385

Are the pads just stuck on? I was thinking of replacing mine with the brown leather version. Have you heard a difference in sound between leather and micro?

Yes just stuck on with double sided tape. Apologies in my previous post for some reason it stuck "its" on to the end. Should be "https://www.audeze.com/padschange"

The microfiber are a lot more breathable than the leather. The leather to me are softer/creamier hence create more of a seal so the bass seems more present but having a tighter seal causes more heat to lock in but i'm living in a cold climate so for me its a bonus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back