Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread
Dec 21, 2013 at 8:12 PM Post #2,161 of 6,385
Hi Scott,
thanks for the reply. love Vivaldi and will seek it out... nice to know I'm not crazy for thinking the classical I've been listening to on the lcd-3s sounds wonderful. I haven't read through a million postings, but the reading I did before getting them was fairly extensive and had no one (ahem) trumpeting their splendid performance in this area. because of that I was shocked at how great everything was sounding (even larger scale loves the tonal balance, although the soundstage can't touch the hd800s). anyway, enjoy and have a great holiday season.

regards,
Jimmy

Thanks Jimmy, you have a nice holiday as well! I highly recommend any of Carolyn Sampson's recordings (many on the Hyperion label; several Vivaldi; Mozart; Zelenka). To my ear she is one of the best (maybe THE best) baroque soprano out there.

Enjoy!

Dec 24, 2013 at 1:11 PM Post #2,164 of 6,385
Oh! (Happy ?) days !

Dec 24, 2013 at 2:13 PM Post #2,165 of 6,385
Dec 24, 2013 at 4:49 PM Post #2,167 of 6,385
Yeah, something like odyssey with a z and without the ending y

Dec 26, 2013 at 6:28 AM Post #2,168 of 6,385
I have little experience with the LCD-3.  I was wondering if you could share with me- if I had a top of the line source, dac and and amplifier, would upgrading the cables on the LCD-3 make a noticeable difference or just very minor?

If it would be a worthwhile difference- what is the absolute best replacement cable?

Dec 26, 2013 at 8:36 AM Post #2,169 of 6,385
Always minor in my experience.  Worth while as the last piece and within reason but not something I would ever spend more than ~$300 on again.  Same goes for interconnects and speaker cable.

Dec 26, 2013 at 11:05 AM Post #2,170 of 6,385
  I have little experience with the LCD-3.  I was wondering if you could share with me- if I had a top of the line source, dac and and amplifier, would upgrading the cables on the LCD-3 make a noticeable difference or just very minor?

If it would be a worthwhile difference- what is the absolute best replacement cable?

Always minor in my experience.  Worth while as the last piece and within reason but not something I would ever spend more than ~$300 on again.  Same goes for interconnects and speaker cable.

I agree. On the Audezes, swapping headphone cables makes only minor difference. However, on some other headphones like the Sennheiser HD800, it can make more of a difference. 

The only reason I got a different cable for my LCD3 (Q Audio Silk) is so I could have a balanced to single ended adapter to listen to both without having to have two different cables, as well as a nicer weight. 

Dec 26, 2013 at 2:10 PM Post #2,171 of 6,385
Of course it makes a minor difference if you're using ETP copper cables :)

Dec 26, 2013 at 3:01 PM Post #2,173 of 6,385
That's copper vs silver and it's a matter of tastes :)

Dec 26, 2013 at 3:58 PM Post #2,174 of 6,385
its kind of tough compare cables , unless u ar in  a meet . cables cost about $300 up and to compare two u have to shell out a bunch of cash an lose some when selling the other one u didnt like , and then there are 5 other cables u need to LOL.

Dec 26, 2013 at 4:35 PM Post #2,175 of 6,385
That's copper vs silver and it's a matter of tastes
smily_headphones1.gif

If it makes you feel better the Q also showed the Cardas, Blue and Black Dragon copper cables the door :wink:  Truth is the Audeze stock cables were just as good sound wise as the above just too long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back