Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread
Dec 26, 2013 at 4:58 PM Post #2,176 of 6,385
Then you must really like the sound of ETP copper. :p For example, the Audeze stock cable is too lazy and veiled sounding for me.

Dec 27, 2013 at 1:30 AM Post #2,179 of 6,385
I guess it comes down to personal preference as always.
Some might love the stock cable for its mega bass.
I tried the stock a couple of times and kept wanting a little bit more sparkle / air / clarity / details. So I went with a copper / silver hybrid :)

Dec 27, 2013 at 4:14 PM Post #2,180 of 6,385
I wouldn't call it significant but I thought the difference between the stock cable and Q was more than minor, on my system anyway.  I didn't expect it (I bought the Q for ergo reasons), but I could instantly hear the difference.

Dec 28, 2013 at 7:28 AM Post #2,181 of 6,385
I guess it comes down to personal preference as always.
Some might love the stock cable for its mega bass.
I tried the stock a couple of times and kept wanting a little bit more sparkle / air / clarity / details. So I went with a copper / silver hybrid
smily_headphones1.gif

If there is synergy with the cable, it may indeed make a big difference. I am using Toxic Silver Widow and the new budget silver with LCD-X and I love it! It really increases transparency, details and clarity compared to stock.

Dec 29, 2013 at 3:36 AM Post #2,182 of 6,385
Then you must really like the sound of ETP copper. :p For example, the Audeze stock cable is too lazy and veiled sounding for me.

YES-
and I'm a huge evangelist/fan of Audeze - as MANY of you already know.
But, admittedly (and this was only judging from an instinct I had) when I first heard the LCD-2 and 3 I told Alex that I "wish I could hear what these headphones are truly capable of"!

That may sound nuts, but coming from the high end audio 2-channel world, I heard my fair share of snake oil,
and the real deal when it comes to cables...

and I KNEW I could squeeze more performance out of the LCD-3!!

now I own the following for my Audeze cans:
ALO Green Line cables
Cardas Clear
Moon Audio Silver Dragon V3 w/ adapter kit
Wywires prototype cable
Double Helix Compliment(2) - which is my favorite pairing thus far, and newest cable of the bunch!

if you can't afford to spend much on cables for your Audeze cans,
go for the ALO Green Line - w/ the adapter kit  KILLER for the price!!

Dec 30, 2013 at 1:55 PM Post #2,185 of 6,385
  Regardless of genre the LCD-3 is the better choice.  It is however not the high value choice.

Agree. If you can find a good used LCD3 for less than retail, it makes it a bit nicer purchase too. 

Dec 31, 2013 at 1:54 AM Post #2,186 of 6,385
I would have to agree with Solude and Photo.  LCD3 is the better version of the 2.  It is as good or better in every single aspect. 

Dec 31, 2013 at 3:42 AM Post #2,187 of 6,385
Yeah, LCD3 is better in every single aspect excepting bass impact and bass body

Jan 1, 2014 at 5:31 AM Post #2,189 of 6,385
Are you saying that certain sources and amps would make the 3s bassier or equal to the 2s on the same gear? That I find hard to believe :)

Jan 1, 2014 at 6:38 AM Post #2,190 of 6,385
Are you saying that certain sources and amps would make the 3s bassier or equal to the 2s on the same gear? That I find hard to believe
smily_headphones1.gif

In my opinion the bass on the 3's are on par with the the 2's just you don't notice it as much because the 3's are more balanced.  Also the 3's are a bit pickier and require more power so to get to the same level as the 2's it takes a bit more finesse if you will.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back