Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread
Sep 8, 2013 at 7:52 PM Post #1,442 of 6,388

You already have the HE-500s correct?  With the GS-X mk2 the HE-500s did sound better than the HE-6s.  YMMV, but If I only had the GS-X mk2 I would have kept the HE-500s instead of the HE-6..

The experience and being able to compare the two on that amp will be well worth it though.  

you're right!!

i'll be sure to post impressions on the HE-500 and GSX threads as well. there isn't an HE-6 thread is there?

Sep 8, 2013 at 7:55 PM Post #1,443 of 6,388

you're right!!

i'll be sure to post impressions on the HE-500 and GSX threads as well. there isn't an HE-6 thread is there?

Say what.  No thread for the best headphone ever created.  You gotta be kidding 
biggrin.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/493214/hifiman-he-6-planar-magnetic-headphone/9255#post_9785457

http://www.head-fi.org/t/529873/amps-that-can-drive-the-hifiman-he-6-planar-headphones

Sep 8, 2013 at 7:56 PM Post #1,445 of 6,388

oh just decided to get Audioquest king cobra xlr's, to match the rca's i already have. 

Excellent. Those are the ones I have (King Cobra XLRs). In terms of "sweet spot" for cables I would say that the Audioquest King Cobras and Kimber Heros are right there.

Bda-2 vs m51 vs mytek, thatd be interesting to compare

Funny those were the two DACs that I came down to as well. But a few friends (preproman and souprknowva) had some mixed comments on the NAD DAC and I had some very positive first hand experiences with the BDA-2; so I went with the latter. Honestly though, your Mytek DAC looks up to the task. Give it the fair college try as they say...you might be surprised. 
redface.gif

Sep 8, 2013 at 8:00 PM Post #1,446 of 6,388
I guess there should be a DAC talk thread.  Lots of it all around these days.  

Another DAC in the same price range that's gonna get a lot of looks is the Yagg.  Lots of folks seem to be waiting for this one.

Sep 8, 2013 at 8:13 PM Post #1,449 of 6,388
  I guess there should be a DAC talk thread.  Lots of it all around these days.  

Another DAC in the same price range that's gonna get a lot of looks is the Yagg.  Lots of folks seem to be waiting for this one.

I think DAC talk as it pertains to the LCD-3s is actually quite helpful. 
size]

Sep 8, 2013 at 8:14 PM Post #1,450 of 6,388
DAC2 DSD is pretty good for the money.  At the SE price though it has some steep established competition.

The 2-3K street kings tend to be:

Metrum Hex
Aurallic Vega
PS PWD2
Bryston BDA-2
Audio-GD M7

Hmm didn't think the hex was in that price range - maybe I need to find a US distributor who ships to Aus... The price from metrum is like 5k aud..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back