Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread
Nov 20, 2016 at 5:37 PM Post #4,445 of 6,385
Nice. Just ordered this combo. Not sure if I'll like it more than my HD800's and Oppo HA-1, but willing to give it a try.

Just thought id say I love my LCD3 F from 2016 been listening to them out of the Pro Ican for a couple of months cant think of a better pairing. And by that i mean this is my first high end set up but no problems so far and love the sound.

Dec 2, 2016 at 2:43 AM Post #4,447 of 6,385
Dec 2, 2016 at 8:10 PM Post #4,449 of 6,385
I bought the combo ICan pro from Adorama with the LCD3s which I'm extremely happy with. I have it paired with Modi Multi and am waiting for the IDSd as well. Did you try the ICAN with the LCD3s and then switch?

Dec 2, 2016 at 10:20 PM Post #4,450 of 6,385
I probably didn't give them a fair shot as I am used to the HD800's. The LCD-4 sounds more technically accurate to me, but I'm sure lots of people love the LCD-3/creamy Audeze house sound more.

This time around I'm just listening to the LCD-4 only for a week and not swapping to the HD800. Really like them except for the weight!

I bought the combo ICan pro from Adorama with the LCD3s which I'm extremely happy with. I have it paired with Modi Multi and am waiting for the IDSd as well. Did you try the ICAN with the LCD3s and then switch?

Dec 2, 2016 at 10:55 PM Post #4,451 of 6,385
I probably didn't give them a fair shot as I am used to the HD800's. The LCD-4 sounds more technically accurate to me, but I'm sure lots of people love the LCD-3/creamy Audeze house sound more.

This time around I'm just listening to the LCD-4 only for a week and not swapping to the HD800. Really like them except for the weight!

I have the HD800S and haven't yet tried them with this amp. I really like the LCD3's though paired with the Ifi pro and like you will probably wait awhile before interchanging them. Don't foresee a LCD4 in my immediate future, but stranger things have happened.
Happily listening...

Dec 7, 2016 at 12:19 PM Post #4,452 of 6,385
The Lcd-3 is pretty weird when it comes to pairing with amps. I've a Lake People G109, a very clean and powerfull amp. I was so thrilled when i ordered the lcd3 as i wanted to upgrade my old good Hd650, and...well, i was pretty disapointed. They sound almost the same, one have to focus on some details in order to notice some upgrades on some area of the sound. Okay, better bass, but not by far, slitghly better midrange...and, that's all, clarity is on par, instrument separation is on par, soundstage is on par...

I'm quite sure the Lcd-3 can do MUCH better than that and take the lead ahead of the HD650. 

I've found in my reading that the Mjolnir could seriously take the Audeze to an other level. wait and see, i really hope it does!

Dec 7, 2016 at 12:34 PM Post #4,453 of 6,385
  The Lcd-3 is pretty weird when it comes to pairing with amps. I've a Lake People G109, a very clean and powerfull amp. I was so thrilled when i ordered the lcd3 as i wanted to upgrade my old good Hd650, and...well, i was pretty disapointed. They sound almost the same, one have to focus on some details in order to notice some upgrades on some area of the sound. Okay, better bass, but not by far, slitghly better midrange...and, that's all, clarity is on par, instrument separation is on par, soundstage is on par...

I'm quite sure the Lcd-3 can do MUCH better than that and take the lead ahead of the HD650. 

I've found in my reading that the Mjolnir could seriously take the Audeze to an other level. wait and see, i really hope it does!

I had a hard time enjoying my LCD3 until I upgraded the headphone cable to something that took some of the darkness away and added clarity.  Now I extremely pleased with the sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back