Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread
Sep 16, 2014 at 3:31 PM Post #3,046 of 6,385
Just realized that the weight of the LCD-3F's no longer bothers me. Found that I hadn't cursed about these things flattening my head for a while! 

Also there is the side benefit that the LCD's motivate me to get my hair cut more often so I don't end up as a bad a case of "headphone hair" after a good listening session.

There's actually a t-shirt in there somewhere, maybe a picture of someone's ear and their hair all pressed down around it with some pithy saying like "Hair by Audeze" or "Go big or go home". Any better ideas?

Sep 16, 2014 at 6:44 PM Post #3,047 of 6,385
  Just realized that the weight of the LCD-3F's no longer bothers me. Found that I hadn't cursed about these things flattening my head for a while! 

Also there is the side benefit that the LCD's motivate me to get my hair cut more often so I don't end up as a bad a case of "headphone hair" after a good listening session.

There's actually a t-shirt in there somewhere, maybe a picture of someone's ear and their hair all pressed down around it with some pithy saying like "Hair by Audeze" or "Go big or go home". Any better ideas?

beyersmile.png

Great idea for a t-shirt.

The weight of the Audeze frightened me for the first week. I had come from the super light Senny HD-700 which is also suppose to be a comfort champ.

I found the super spongy ear pieces on the Audeze just so comfortable but noticed the weight on top. I also have the faux suede which is super comfortable.

I now can listen for a whole afternoon (4-6 hours) without any comfort issues. Never notice the weight. Actually every time I put them on I feel like I'm at home.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 16, 2014 at 6:55 PM Post #3,048 of 6,385
Would wearing the LCD-3's for 4-6 hours qualify as weight lifting? 
wink_face.gif

Sep 16, 2014 at 7:08 PM Post #3,049 of 6,385

beyersmile.png

Great idea for a t-shirt.

The weight of the Audeze frightened me for the first week. I had come from the super light Senny HD-700 which is also suppose to be a comfort champ.

I found the super spongy ear pieces on the Audeze just so comfortable but noticed the weight on top. I also have the faux suede which is super comfortable.

I now can listen for a whole afternoon (4-6 hours) without any comfort issues. Never notice the weight. Actually every time I put them on I feel like I'm at home.
smily_headphones1.gif

I find the LCD3's almost cozy.  Like I am in my own little private listening room.

But, yeah "Audeze hair" is an issue.  I wear mine after I get of the show in the morning for 20min so it's a real issue for me.  I have re wet and comb my hair afterwards.

Sep 16, 2014 at 10:33 PM Post #3,050 of 6,385
I have to agree with the absolutely gorgeous sound.  I was listening to the Deutsche G recording of the Bach Violin Concertos 1 & 2 with Hilary Hahn (do a search on hdtracks.com and buy it) this morning and just couldn't tear myself away and ended up late at work as a result.  Spine chilling.  A fabulous performance, impeccable recording, HD, on the LCD-3F with a competent system - it's absolutely to die for!

Sep 18, 2014 at 4:10 AM Post #3,051 of 6,385
Received my LCD-3's this afternoon, will be putting some hours on them before doing critical listening

However I am liking what I hear, very similar of course to the LCD-X but a more intimate & delicate presentation

Sep 18, 2014 at 4:28 AM Post #3,052 of 6,385
  Received my LCD-3's this afternoon, will be putting some hours on them before doing critical listening

However I am liking what I hear, very similar of course to the LCD-X but a more intimate & delicate presentation

It will need at least 100 hours.
In the beginning it was very coarse, esp at the higher end. After 200 hours it was much more refine and its getting better and better with age. :)

Sep 18, 2014 at 4:31 AM Post #3,053 of 6,385
Thanks, thought as much, my LCD-X's took something like 300 hours to really shine. Lucky I've got he SS I can have them both on and swap between

Sep 18, 2014 at 8:28 PM Post #3,054 of 6,385

Are they crooked when you wear them or just crooked on the stand?  I've seen a lot of LCD3s (including my own) which "dress" to one side when sitting on a stand, but are balanced when worn.

Apparently Audeze changed the yokes in order to lighten them up, the trickle down effect is all these crooked headphones.I already had another pair sent, same issue, it apparently happens while being shipped.I'll be sending these back and getting another pair in a few weeks as Audeze has seen the error of their ways and is going back to the original yokes.I put this on Audeze, not my dealer.I might add that I decided to go for the X instead of the 3 when I returned the 1st pair, same issue, so this was a recent issue apparently for both the 3 and X, not sure about the 2.I'm sticking with the X when I eventually get them.I will not be disclosing my dealers name, as this was beyond his control.

Sep 18, 2014 at 8:31 PM Post #3,055 of 6,385
Yeah, was pretty sure it was a manufacturing issue. Thanks for the update!

Sep 19, 2014 at 6:06 AM Post #3,057 of 6,385
  Apparently Audeze changed the yokes in order to lighten them up, the trickle down effect is all these crooked headphones.I already had another pair sent, same issue, it apparently happens while being shipped.I'll be sending these back and getting another pair in a few weeks as Audeze has seen the error of their ways and is going back to the original yokes.I put this on Audeze, not my dealer.I might add that I decided to go for the X instead of the 3 when I returned the 1st pair, same issue, so this was a recent issue apparently for both the 3 and X, not sure about the 2.I'm sticking with the X when I eventually get them.I will not be disclosing my dealers name, as this was beyond his control.

From what you wrote, it seems they finally acknowledge the issue. Yet I would appreciate it if they would say something in this forum. Its not like they are selling peanuts. For the price they charge and the poor craftsmanship (not to mentioned kindergarden leather stitching quality), they should say something. Customer service seems low in their priority.

Sep 19, 2014 at 8:42 AM Post #3,058 of 6,385
From what you wrote, it seems they finally acknowledge the issue. Yet I would appreciate it if they would say something in this forum. Its not like they are selling peanuts. For the price they charge and the poor craftsmanship (not to mentioned kindergarden leather stitching quality), they should say something. Customer service seems low in their priority.

First it was cracks in the wood and blown drivers now this. Along with the constant tweaking it would be easy to go elsewhere except for the fact that Audeze phones sound so absolutely great compared to anything else.

Sep 19, 2014 at 8:48 AM Post #3,059 of 6,385

First it was cracks in the wood and blown drivers now this. Along with the constant tweaking it would be easy to go elsewhere except for the fact that Audeze phones sound so absolutely great compared to anything else.

I have owned LCD 2.2, LCD3c, and now LCD-X. Not one single issue with any of them far as quality, construction, or fit and finish. Guess I have just been lucky huh? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back