Audez'e LCD 2 vs Denon D7000 ?
Oct 13, 2011 at 6:32 PM Post #436 of 452
Yeah I see it.$1945...wow! that's a killer! Did they manager to improve the sound a lot again?! ..looks the same size, same weight as LCD 2.

Oct 13, 2011 at 10:50 PM Post #438 of 452

Quote:
Thanks for the information on LCD-3.  I am going to cancel my order of LCD-2, enjoy my Denon and Sennheiser, and wait for the new one.

You should wait until Skylab can post impressions before cancelling the LCD-2s.  There's a lot more information on them, and if the LCD-3 is really worth it you can sell the LCD-2s and Denons for the LCD-3.

Oct 13, 2011 at 11:53 PM Post #439 of 452

Quote:
You should wait until Skylab can post impressions before cancelling the LCD-2s.  There's a lot more information on them, and if the LCD-3 is really worth it you can sell the LCD-2s and Denons for the LCD-3.

+1

Oct 16, 2011 at 12:54 PM Post #440 of 452
I've recently purchased my LCD2 from headroom, but they are awaiting stock.
Wondering if i should upgrade my order to the LCD3 since i've been waiting anyway.
Anyone has any idea what sort of improvements there will be? If its worth the extra $$ etc..

Oct 16, 2011 at 1:03 PM Post #441 of 452
Thanks for all your thoughts.  I have canceled my order of LCD-3, and sold HD 800.  I am going to enjoy my Denon for a while until I get an LCD-3.  I may be wrong, but the reviews by some experts forced me to make this decision.  We will see...

Nov 18, 2011 at 6:53 PM Post #442 of 452
I have both LCD2 and Denon AH-D7000, and if we consider just the sound quality then I have to say LCD2 is better, except slightly weak trebles.

But for me, comfort level is important as I wear about 5-6 hours a day.  There is no way I can wear LCD2 more than 45 minutes.

So for work I have Denon AH-D7000 and at home I have LCD2 :wink:

Happy head-fing...

Feb 4, 2012 at 7:39 AM Post #443 of 452

Quote:
I also would easily prefer the D7000 over the LCD. Comfort is a clear knockout for Denon. They're light enough that you can easily forget you're not wearing them. I find the Denons to be a very fun sound overall but not as accurate as the LCD except in the department of drums. For whatever reason no other headphones can create the same resonance of a drum as the Denons. They're quite amazing.

I know elwappo posted this 5 months ago, but I just wanted to thank him. My favorite band of all time is lead by its drummer, and so I find myself focusing more on drums in most songs than any other instrument. A lot of headphones and speaker systems can make guitars sound amazing, but drums?

I just bought my girlfriend a Grado SR225i for her birthday and was on the fence about whether I should put my tax return towards a better car or blow it on some D7000s. Elwappo's post just made me wanna get the D7000s and a motorcycle...

Feb 15, 2012 at 2:09 AM Post #444 of 452

Quote:

I know elwappo posted this 5 months ago, but I just wanted to thank him. My favorite band of all time is lead by its drummer, and so I find myself focusing more on drums in most songs than any other instrument. A lot of headphones and speaker systems can make guitars sound amazing, but drums?

I just bought my girlfriend a Grado SR225i for her birthday and was on the fence about whether I should put my tax return towards a better car or blow it on some D7000s. Elwappo's post just made me wanna get the D7000s and a motorcycle...

my bad, sorry.  Tbh, I think i'd rather have a motorcycle than the denons. TBH, I had a pair of dr225, and I don't think they're that great of headphones overall. I think their treble gets to be too intense. Not the say the d7000 are some kind of balanced king. Even the D5000 sound really really great with drums. 

Feb 15, 2012 at 8:21 AM Post #446 of 452

Quote:
Wait... You can't wear LCD-2 Longer than 45 minutes?

That sucks! 

I can force myself to wear LCD2 about an hour but after that my neck hurts and surrounding ear area starts irritating.

IMO, LCD2 is very heavy headphone and not comfortable at all. Audeze should design headphones like HifiMan or Beyerdynamics.

But sound quality on LCD2 is exceptional.  I was thinking of getting LCD3 but it's the same design ! and almost the same weight. :frowning2:

Feb 15, 2012 at 8:26 AM Post #447 of 452
Oh and another thing about the comfort related.

I tried Sennheiser HD800 and to me it's not comfortable as any Beyerdynamic headphones, the earpads on HD800 are really thin.
It's made out of very soft material but it's too thin enough that I can feel the plastic enclosure.

Feb 15, 2012 at 8:41 AM Post #448 of 452
Is hifiman comfortable? I am pretty interested in it. But people said Hifiman 6 causes neck problem too

Feb 15, 2012 at 8:48 AM Post #449 of 452
Reason why I will never buy an Audeze in the foreseeable future:

Audeze is screwing themselves over with all the new high priced models they are releasing. In the last few years they've released LCD2, LCD2r2, and now LCD3. You know in the future they'll just release more models. LCD3r2, r3, LCD4, etc.

It's not a problem if the prices are a few hundred dollars, but when people spend $1000 even for the cheapest model, they would want something that is the best, not some guinea pig that Audeze will use to refine their next revision. If I spend $2000 for LCD-3 now, it better be the best sounding headphone I can buy from them in the next 5 years at the minimum.

Look at other high end models. Stax release their SR009. Their last one was SR007, which was a long time ago. Or even Sennheiser with the HD650, which has been their top model for so many years until the HD800.

Feb 15, 2012 at 9:43 AM Post #450 of 452
lol. But you can't stop them finding the new ways to make the best sounding headphones (for them) sound better.

Quote:
Reason why I will never buy an Audeze in the foreseeable future:
Audeze is screwing themselves over with all the new high priced models they are releasing. In the last few years they've released LCD2, LCD2r2, and now LCD3. You know in the future they'll just release more models. LCD3r2, r3, LCD4, etc.
It's not a problem if the prices are a few hundred dollars, but when people spend $1000 even for the cheapest model, they would want something that is the best, not some guinea pig that Audeze will use to refine their next revision. If I spend $2000 for LCD-3 now, it better be the best sounding headphone I can buy from them in the next 5 years at the minimum.
Look at other high end models. Stax release their SR009. Their last one was SR007, which was a long time ago. Or even Sennheiser with the HD650, which has been their top model for so many years until the HD800.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back