Audez'e LCD 2 vs Denon D7000 ?
Apr 3, 2011 at 10:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 452

ExCelciuS

Head-Fier
Hi, after read some posts here, I think LCD2 and D7000 shines on the same spot, that is bass department.

So, which is better for overall musicality?

What are the differences between LCD2 and D7000 in terms of sound quality, which is better?

Thanks in advance.
smile.gif

Apr 3, 2011 at 11:03 AM Post #2 of 452
I own and like the D7000, but the LCD-2 is better in pretty much every possible way. The D7000 is more comfortable, and easier to drive.  But in terms of sound, with the right amp, the LCD-2 are much better.

Apr 3, 2011 at 11:45 AM Post #3 of 452

Quote:
I own and like the D7000, but the LCD-2 is better in pretty much every possible way. The D7000 is more comfortable, and easier to drive.  But in terms of sound, with the right amp, the LCD-2 are much better.

OT - I see from your sig that you prefer the ultrasone ED8's to the d7000 could you make a brief comparison as to why? and more specifically how they compare in terms of bass?
Thanks

Apr 3, 2011 at 12:23 PM Post #4 of 452

Quote:

What's a good amp for the LCD-2?  I have these.

- PS Audio GCHA
- Lehmann Audio BCL 
- Bellari HA540 OTL tube amp with Mullard 12AX7 tube.

- Schiit LYR (maybe)

Apr 3, 2011 at 12:25 PM Post #5 of 452
Guys there are much better threads for those questions :D

Apr 3, 2011 at 12:50 PM Post #6 of 452
I don't own the d7ks I had the d5k and currently have some d2k. With the ps audio dl3 and GCHA amp, I much prefer the LCD-2. The GCHA does 10watts and the lcd-2 can handle 15watts. The GCHA can still be had new for $500.00. I'm actually about to seal up my LCD-2 with some dynamat extreme. My wife is does NOT like hearing the bleedout from the LCD-2s. Anyhow the LCD-2 has THE best sound quality that I've ever heard. Pair that with Fooba rand Isone Pro VST plugin and its like magic

Apr 3, 2011 at 1:01 PM Post #7 of 452
I was considering the same two option a few weeks ago. I went for the LCD-2's after a recommendation from MacedonianHero. Here are a few things he said to me.

I have owned the D7000s twice and enjoyed them very much, but between the two, it's a no brainer...the LCD-2s are the better cans in every way.
No reason to pick up the D7000s if you can grab the LCD-2s IMO (they are so much better).

Apr 3, 2011 at 1:38 PM Post #8 of 452
Wonder if it wouldn´t be more DX 1000 or LCD-2. Or what do you say Skylab. Answer would be similar for me though except for isolation, soundstage and comfort the LCD-2 is superior from top to bottom on all things objective :)

Apr 3, 2011 at 4:43 PM Post #9 of 452

Quote:

I know this is a difficult question but what would be considered the right amp or amps for the LCD-2's?

Apr 3, 2011 at 4:44 PM Post #10 of 452
A lot of different answers to that question in the amp section :)

Apr 3, 2011 at 4:48 PM Post #11 of 452
Yeah come on guys...that's two people asking the same OT question...I already declined to answer it once. Please go here...

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/495631/amp-recommendations-for-audeze-lcd-2/1785

Apr 3, 2011 at 6:12 PM Post #12 of 452
Skylab, you said the D7000's are easier to drive, do the D7000s make a respectable portable can? The fact that it is closed also seems like it would help it in that regard. From what has been said it appears like that is the only possible advantage. That and the fact that the D7000's can be had for a considerable amount less.

Apr 3, 2011 at 6:42 PM Post #13 of 452
The D7000 can be driven well by many portable amps, but they don't isolate very well for a closed can, which is one of my other beefs about them.

Apr 3, 2011 at 8:02 PM Post #14 of 452
Yes, I've owned both of these cans and think they are both excellent. However, though I love both I would give the nod to the LCD-2. When listening to the two side by side, it was evident which headphone was the superior one. Nonetheless, the bass on the D7000 are more monstrous and I do enjoy that very much.

In terms of being driven, both were driven quite sufficiently through my Nuforce HDP and also of course my WA6SE.

Isolation for the D7000 is clearly better than all open headphones, but they aren't really the best when comparing to real isolating headphones like the Shure SRH840 or M50 or V6, etc.

Apr 3, 2011 at 8:08 PM Post #15 of 452

Quote:
Yeah come on guys...that's two people asking the same OT question...I already declined to answer it once. Please go here...

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/495631/amp-recommendations-for-audeze-lcd-2/1785

Thanks for that link Skylab!    I don't mean to be a pest.  I tried looking for a link but Head Fi's search system is sometimes inefficient and looking through everything for hundreds of pages make me dizzy. My wife often finds me passed out on the floor with the computer mouse in my hand.  Soon in my own post I'm going to ask for advice.  I recently sold all my high end 2 speaker gear (Krell and Theta) and I'm going to order a pair of LCD-2's and I will have 2K left over for an amp and a DAC.        So I'll be asking for advice like that in my own thread.  I don't have a lot of experience with cans but I want to buy just one system that is of high quality and compliments each other with the LCD-s and just get down to listening.  I'm way past my "thrill for new gear" years and from what I can tell lurking here on head fi Skylab is one of the guys to ask.  So thanks for the link and I hope you'll respond to my own thread I'm probably going to start tonight.    I'm just not sure if I should put it in the amp section, the DAC section, or both?  Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back