Audeze LCD-2 Orthos
Dec 23, 2010 at 11:35 PM Post #7,998 of 18,459
Gahhh, freaking distributor say it will arrive before christmas, now he say will arrive before 29th dec.
Gosh I hate this !        D:<

Dec 23, 2010 at 11:38 PM Post #7,999 of 18,459

Quote:
Quote:
LCD-2 scheduled to arrive tomorrow, gonna be a great Christmas!

Just under the wire! Make sure you go to bed really early tomorrow before you know who comes down the chimney with your LCD-2s.
wink_face.gif

Quote:
Congrats on the timing :wink:

Thanks guys, I can't wait to hear these through a real amplifier this time! The timing just kind of worked out this way, a surprise really. I wonder if I will get a balanced XLR cable, I doubt it but I did request one. They said that they were out of them but they also said it wouldn't ship until Monday so who knows. I re-iterated my request but I also ordered a balanced Double Helix XLR cable while they are still on sale, this will be my third Double Helix cable so I won't mind a bit if I do get the TRS plug.

OTOH the MD Tributes I ordered from Monster two weeks ago seem to be on the slow boat. I was sure I would have them by now but if they can save .91 cents by going parcel post instead of priority mail more power to them I guess lol.
rolleyes.gif

Dec 24, 2010 at 1:44 AM Post #8,001 of 18,459
Let's just ignore him together

Dec 24, 2010 at 2:56 AM Post #8,003 of 18,459

So I would be blown away again?  Is an E7/E9 enough to start, or would a totally new amp be an absolute requirement immediately to sound much better than the HD 650?

i wonder this also.

Dec 24, 2010 at 3:12 AM Post #8,004 of 18,459
I would venture that an LCD-2 out of an E7/E9 would best the HD650 out of damn near anything.

Dec 24, 2010 at 3:31 AM Post #8,006 of 18,459

Quote:
I would venture that an LCD-2 out of an E7/E9 would best the HD650 out of damn near anything.

i wonder this because i recently got my first dac/amp (everything on my computer mostly.. so DAC is a must) in the e7/e9 and it made my ultrasones sound so much better that i just want to upgrade straight to a higher tier of cans.. and the lcd-2 sound like what i want sound wise.. the only thing i was wondering was if the e9 would do it justice. ive heard other amps before but never consistently lived with one to appreciate it.

I'd realistically have the money to get lcd-2's within a few months.. the only thing is if i would be making a mistake running it out of an e9.

Dec 24, 2010 at 4:05 AM Post #8,007 of 18,459

Quote:
Quote:

Not even in your hands yet and you're already talking smack.  Hope you get a lump of coal tomorrow and your order get mistakenly shipped to me.

Merry frackin Christmas.

tongue.gif

biggrin.gif

Quote:
Quote:

i wonder this because i recently got my first dac/amp (everything on my computer mostly.. so DAC is a must) in the e7/e9 and it made my ultrasones sound so much better that i just want to upgrade straight to a higher tier of cans.. and the lcd-2 sound like what i want sound wise.. the only thing i was wondering was if the e9 would do it justice. ive heard other amps before but never consistently lived with one to appreciate it.

I'd realistically have the money to get lcd-2's within a few months.. the only thing is if i would be making a mistake running it out of an e9.

I've owned the LCD-2 once before and I have owned the HD650 a couple of times as well; I hope the LCD-2 works out better for me this time lol. I haven't heard the E7/E9 combo, but as the LCD-2 is fairly easy to drive and easily bests the HD650 in all categories, it's not much of a stretch to imagine it winning this hypothetical contest.

Dec 24, 2010 at 4:19 AM Post #8,008 of 18,459
Why did you end up selling your LCD-2 originally?

Quote:
I've owned the LCD-2 once before and I have owned the HD650 a couple of times as well; I hope the LCD-2 works out better for me this time lol. I haven't heard the E7/E9 combo, but as the LCD-2 is fairly easy to drive and easily bests the HD650 in all categories, it's not much of a stretch to imagine it winning this hypothetical contest.

Dec 24, 2010 at 4:39 AM Post #8,009 of 18,459
Somebody else wanted a pair badly, and I wanted to try something else at the time. Also my balanced amp was out for servicing, I didn't have the right cable, etc, it was really just a timing thing. I knew I wouldn't lose any money since they were in demand and I knew that I would get another set someday.

Dec 24, 2010 at 7:38 AM Post #8,010 of 18,459

Quote:
Why did you end up selling your LCD-2 originally?

Quote:

SP "convinced" him to sell them, and my convince I really mean seduced.  :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back