Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Jan 10, 2013 at 9:28 PM Post #766 of 13,134
Quote:
Lol. I think that ironically is the reason why LCD2 is kicked out of summit-fi.

The LCD2 is kicked out of summit fi? 
ph34r.gif

Jan 10, 2013 at 9:28 PM Post #767 of 13,134
Note.
To anyone that doesn't yet have a magic attic.
It works best with tools and auto parts

Jan 10, 2013 at 10:48 PM Post #771 of 13,134
Quote:
I am pink noise ignorant.
Where might I obtain some?

(I can't believe I'm asking this)

This is where I got my pink noise sample. I've seen some "free" applications that have pink noise, but they all come with digital strings attached (i.e Malware, Cookies, basically bloating)

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/pink-noise-59-minutes-single/id460394809

Jan 10, 2013 at 10:55 PM Post #772 of 13,134
Jan 11, 2013 at 1:54 AM Post #774 of 13,134
Just plugged in my Schiit Lyr and new LCD-2s

I'm literally in heaven. Coming from a set of Beyerdynamic T70s + Fiio e10, I'm even surprised how much better it sounds (I thought diminishing returns may have kicked in a bit)

Or maybe I'm being persuaded by how much I just spent on the pair - who cares! I'm blown away.

Downside is they arrived cosmetically damaged from a yoke not being seated properly and one of the leather pads misaligned. Will be returning these.

Should my replacements have the vegan pads? Or is it simply a personal preference thing like I read in the dedicated thread?

Xam

Jan 11, 2013 at 1:58 AM Post #775 of 13,134
Quote:

I'm literally in heaven. Coming from a set of Beyerdynamic T70s + Fiio e10, I'm even surprised how much better it sounds (I thought diminishing returns may have kicked in a bit)

Or maybe I'm being persuaded by how much I just spent on the pair - who cares! I'm blown away.

Downside is they arrived cosmetically damaged from a yoke not being seated properly and one of the leather pads misaligned. Will be returning these.

Should my replacements have the vegan pads? Or is it simply a personal preference thing like I read in the dedicated thread?

Xam

Dude a little cosmetic asymmetry gives your headphones some character, shows that they are individually hand-crafted rather than churned out from a row of automatic machines. Unless they are affecting comfort or structural integrity, or if you are OCD, I'd say don't bother with the trouble of replacements (those take weeks and there's always the chance you get a pair with some other issue e.g. driver imbalance or something lol).

Jan 11, 2013 at 2:03 AM Post #776 of 13,134
@jerg (I failed at quoting)

Hi

I honestly did think about this but I may be coming down with a serious case of GAS (Gear Aquisition Syndrome) and might be swapping things up, and in the unlikely event I have to sell these I believe the cosmetic damage may lower the value considerably (I know I'm getting ahead of myself here, but I think I'd be more comfortable with a 99% cosmetically perfect pair).

Strobe - Deadmau5 is literally breathing life into my being right now.

Xam

Jan 11, 2013 at 2:45 AM Post #777 of 13,134

Xam

New Lyr?
Don't go here:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/549508/schiit-lyr-the-tube-rolling-thread/4860#post_9043147

Jan 11, 2013 at 10:19 AM Post #779 of 13,134
Quote:

Xam

Cool, you have a great combination.  I'd definitely do a return asap to get everything straightened out--Audeze has good customer service.  The lambskin leather pads are really nice, so it's pure preference between the microsuede pads/headband.

Jan 11, 2013 at 9:22 PM Post #780 of 13,134
OH Happy Day !

I just got the UPS 2 day tracking number for my Boo's

L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back