Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What Amp/ DAC Combination for Games/ Films on PS3/ PC Last post on 9/6/11 at 9:43am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- NFB12 + HD 650 Last post on 9/15/11 at 10:21pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Woo Audio 3 vs Schiit Lyr/Valhalla Last post on 5/30/15 at 5:18am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Recently purchased an Audeze LCD-2, help me choose an amp and DAC Last post on 8/30/11 at 7:22am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- amp advice Last post on 8/12/11 at 10:25am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
-Introduction- RHA is an interesting company. It has forged its own place within the audiophile world, making a name for itself based on the industrial design language of its products and the...
Welcome to the review of wireless + Wired High resolution in ear monitors Advanced Model 3. Disclaimer: This headphones were a sample provided by Advanced team for my review. I am not...
iBasso IT03 [1xDD 2xBA] Introduction: the mission statement of the company iBasso is “To capture the essence of music for all to enjoy” On their Facebook banner it also reads “We...
In 1976 two engineering students at Cambridge University with a passion for electronics and music founded Amplification and Recording Cambridge (Arcam). In 1988 they produced the first...
Very detailed quality sound . I am able to find details which missed before. Details with layer and staging. Staging and positioning isn't huge or odd. But I can feel it in my head when listening...
Schiit Lyr - The tube rolling thread - Page 325post #4861 of 87351/9/13 at 8:41am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4862 of 87351/9/13 at 9:08am
ROFLMAO!!! That was classic!
It's the Audio Technica Headphone stand (although not the last). Before I got the LCD-2's I bought a pair of Audio-Technica ATH-W3000ANV headphones and the stand to go with them. Unfortunately, the headphones wouldn't fit my elephant ears...but I kept the stand.
Edited by HK_sends - 1/9/13 at 5:35pmpost #4863 of 87351/9/13 at 9:53amQuote:Nice I dig itpost #4864 of 87351/10/13 at 5:24amQuote:Originally Posted by paradoxperQuote:
There are no sonic differences. Although, I swear my Bamboo did sound better than the old Rosewood.
My new Rosewood (latest iteration) sounds better than my old Rosewood (early rev.2).Quote:Originally Posted by HK_sends
I have no desire to enter this argument. However:
This picture shows the rosewood most naturally...
The Rosewood is darker in real life than the pictures. The flash lightens it up.
Q-Audio Cable, Brown Silk...Steve Eddy is now only offering cables in silk...
I'll let you decide...
PS - And to stay on topic...Boy, I sure still like the Philipis JAN 6922 tubes in my Lyr!
Rosewood FTW!post #4865 of 87351/10/13 at 9:54ampost #4866 of 87351/10/13 at 10:14ampost #4867 of 87351/10/13 at 10:37amQuote:
FTW- ForThe Win, easly confused with other not so friendly abbreviations
I think the rose sniffers can sleep soundly
Edited by dailydoseofdaly - 1/10/13 at 11:38ampost #4868 of 87351/10/13 at 11:02ampost #4869 of 87351/10/13 at 7:13pmpost #4870 of 87351/10/13 at 7:37pmQuote:
Only the JAN Philips a couple days ago.
At first I loved them Very clear and defined. Then after a while it was , What's going on?
I would describe them as too intense. I had to get them out.
I'll give them another chance, but I'm enjoying my D getters.post #4871 of 87351/10/13 at 11:04pmQuote:
well my Lyr came in today, tried the new GEs Schiit was offering for all of, eh 30 minutes? and curiosity killed the tube roller. got my Amperex USN-CEP 6922's in now. and WOW WHAT is this liquid beauty pouring out of my cans... this is an experience i have no words for. other than i feel warm and tingly all over. note that one tube is slightly microphonic, kinda disappointed but that's the gamble of NOS tubes, or anything analog for that matter. the tube dampers DO help, they seem to take it from a high, constant ring to a lower, less audible hum. not entirely eliminating anything, no turning water into wine or anything but certainly helpful in reducing in microphonics. just from previous knowledge of the tracks i'm listening to, the Amperex seem to be very mids forward. good extension in the bass. it's rich and wholesome, but doesn't have that "wow" factor. they are detailed, but don't have an incredible amount of air to them. much my heavier rock (post rock, math rock, etc) seems muddy. i'm factoring the fact that a lot of these bands operate on a very minimalist budget and i'm sure audiophile-grade recordings aren't the top thing on their list of priorities. one thing it does really well is clean rock like The Police, Men at Work, etc and chillwave sounds unbelievably "tangible" on this set up. analog synths are crunchy, full, vibrant, warm, gooey, phat audio goodness. fuzz effects and the accenting vocals are accentuated well and complete the overall sound of this tube. imo, the search will continue. i would like something "cleaner" with more balance. maybe some siemens CCa's or telefunkens... want: more air, more neutrality in sound. i'll continue browsing this thread, much to the dismay of my wallet, looking for something that meets my desires.
Edited by drumsnspace - 1/11/13 at 12:43ampost #4872 of 87351/10/13 at 11:42pmQuote:yupOriginally Posted by drumsnspace
well my Lyr came in today, tried the new GEs Schiit was offering for all of, eh 30 minutes? and curiosity killed the tube roller. got my Amperex USN-CEP 6922's in now. and WOW WHAT is this liquid beauty pouring out of my cans... this is an experience i have no words for. other than i feel warm and tingly all over.post #4873 of 87351/11/13 at 12:37amQuote:Originally Posted by drumsnspace
well my Lyr came in today, tried the new GEs Schiit was offering for all of, eh 30 minutes? and curiosity killed the tube roller. got my Amperex USN-CEP 6922's in now. and WOW WHAT is this liquid beauty pouring out of my cans... this is an experience i have no words for. other than i feel warm and tingly all over.
is that tubby love making experience?post #4874 of 87351/11/13 at 12:41ampost #4875 of 87351/11/13 at 12:54am
heh, that was the initial shock from going from uncomfortable ER-4P's and stock laptop speakers to the set up listed in my sig. the detail is unreal, but i think i'll keep searching for "the one tube to rule them all." i'd like more air between the instruments and a more neutral depiction of the frequencies represented in each song.
EDIT: so i'm gonna redact my muddiness comment. just rolled through a better mastered post rock test song that i love and the detail is astounding. perhaps i'm warming up to these tubes. is this tube "settling in" thing legitimate or is it anything widely debated topic with no scientific data behind it? they seem to be opening up. sorry if i jumped the gun on my review too soon, we'll call that one "Initial Impressions" for all concerned parties and i'll closely monitor any changes they present.
Edited by drumsnspace - 1/11/13 at 12:59am
This thread is locked
- Schiit Lyr - The tube rolling thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Pioneer's First Hi-End Headphones: SE-Master 1 1 minute ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 2 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 2 minutes ago
- › Introducing the new Continental V5 portable tube amp 2 minutes ago
- › Audiolab M-DAC The netherlands 3 minutes ago
- › thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 4 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser debuts a bunch of new headphones at IFA 5 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 5 minutes ago
- › audio-technica ATH-A550Z Art-Monitor Headphones by rickyday
- › RHA T20 by Cinder
- › Advanced Sound by gprs007
- › iBasso IT03 by jon parker
- › Arcam irDAC-II - DAC, Headphone Amp, Bluetooth Streamer by crabdog
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by dubbcd
- › 1MORE iBFree Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones with Microphone and Remote... by dnun8086
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by peter123
- › Brainwavz Krudul Duo Earphone Storage Management System Hanger by FUYU
- › Panasonic sealed earphone high-res sound source Silver RP-HDE10-S by Ralphee
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...