Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Dec 14, 2012 at 1:59 PM Post #723 of 13,139
Quote:
Now that it is more beautiful than the Bamboo, really nice pics !!

Unless the Bamboo has been Bamboozled.
wink_face.gif

Dec 14, 2012 at 3:21 PM Post #725 of 13,139
I'm going on the record to say I find the LCD2s very comfortable.  Not painful, not fatiguing, not even ok--but very comfortable.  I love the big cushy lambskin leather earpads, the amply padded headband, and the clamping force that firmly, but gently holds them to my head.  The pads are large and deep, so no parts of my ears are sore after listening.  The leather seals well, but breathes.  It may be because I'm a mutant with two spines, or possibly because my parents locked an iron cage around my head until I was 18--but I like wearing the LCD2s.

Dec 14, 2012 at 3:34 PM Post #726 of 13,139
Quote:
I'm going on the record to say I find the LCD2s very comfortable.  Not painful, not fatiguing, not even ok--but very comfortable.  I love the big cushy lambskin leather earpads, the amply padded headband, and the clamping force that firmly, but gently holds them to my head.  The pads are large and deep, so no parts of my ears are sore after listening.  The leather seals well, but breathes.  It may be because I'm a mutant with two spines, or possibly because my parents locked an iron cage around my head until I was 18--but I like wearing the LCD2s.

Ah! the beast with two backs!
biggrin.gif

Yeah they're not that bad really. Just need a little adjusting time.

Dec 14, 2012 at 3:59 PM Post #727 of 13,139
^^ I found them an incredibly enjoyable and addictive listen...BUT altogether too heavy for me. Still regret to this day that they were more weight than I could accommodate. 

Dec 16, 2012 at 12:40 PM Post #728 of 13,139
Quote:

I'm with you Barry!!!

Dec 16, 2012 at 1:51 PM Post #730 of 13,139
Quote:

+2 I'm also with Barry S !!

Quote:
I'm not, haha. I couldn't take the weight when I went to audition them
frown.gif

as for the weight .. that's what i said when i first got them, but when i got used to them over time ( actually about 3 months ) i find them more comfortable than my feather-light DT990, don't ask me how !! i just like the way they hug my ears and i mean really hug them and that is the reason why sometimes you can get a sudden lust to wear them because they even satisfy your ears emotionally !! hahaha ! and i thought I'm the only who find them super comfortable. Of course the weight is a minus but there are different aspects in comfort some of them mentioned above that makes up for it make you totally forget their weight.

Dec 16, 2012 at 1:59 PM Post #732 of 13,139
Quote:
DT990 would possibly be the most comfortable headphone ever for me, but the earpads just aren't big/deep enough.  I don't want any part of my ear touching anything.

the same with me, i hate that my ears touch the inside foam. But that it is not the case with the T1 ! it's like you're not wearing anything at all !! oh i miss that 3d soundstage but the sound signature wasn't for me anyway.

Dec 16, 2012 at 3:32 PM Post #733 of 13,139
Quote:
+2 I'm also with Barry S !!

as for the weight .. that's what i said when i first got them, but when i got used to them over time ( actually about 3 months ) i find them more comfortable than my feather-light DT990, don't ask me how !! i just like the way they hug my ears and i mean really hug them and that is the reason why sometimes you can get a sudden lust to wear them because they even satisfy your ears emotionally !! hahaha ! and i thought I'm the only who find them super comfortable. Of course the weight is a minus but there are different aspects in comfort some of them mentioned above that makes up for it make you totally forget their weight.

I don't know why, but I can't help myself wanting the LCD-2's. Even though I know their too heavy, I just want them..

Dec 16, 2012 at 3:58 PM Post #735 of 13,139
Quote:
cause they sound amazing 
smily_headphones1.gif

Yes, but when I put them on I couldn't keep them on for more than 10 seconds. Yet I find myself yearning for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back