Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Dec 10, 2012 at 9:08 AM Post #706 of 13,134
Quote:
When laying down, their weight is not an issue anymore.
I've been using LCD-2s for about a month now and I am slowly getting used to their weight. Clamping force is perfect for me, not too much, not too little - just very comfortable.
Now the only thing needed is to develop more neck muscle to carry their weight:) In general I consider them very comfortable headphones and I expect to get used to their weight very soon.

Of course, another possible solution to help build those neck muscles is to carry things around on your head. Start with lighter things to begin with, such as a plant (see below), I personally think it looks rather dap! and then build up from there. Yes you may attract more eyes than normal on the train or in the office... But theres nothing like being attractive!

Over time your neck muscles will start to feel stronger as you progress to more difficult objects like chairs and small children, and soon enough you'll be able to carry your whole family on your head! (see below) And your LCD2's will no doubt, feel light as feathers.

Always willing to lend a little friendly and worldly wisdom :wink:

Dec 10, 2012 at 9:53 AM Post #707 of 13,134
Quote:
When laying down, their weight is not an issue anymore.
I've been using LCD-2s for about a month now and I am slowly getting used to their weight. Clamping force is perfect for me, not too much, not too little - just very comfortable.
Now the only thing needed is to develop more neck muscle to carry their weight:) In general I consider them very comfortable headphones and I expect to get used to their weight very soon.

Sweet, that may mean I will obtain a LCD-2 in the future.

Dec 10, 2012 at 11:17 AM Post #708 of 13,134
Quote:
Of course, another possible solution to help build those neck muscles is to carry things around on your head. Start with lighter things to begin with, such as a plant (see below), I personally think it looks rather dap! and then build up from there. Yes you may attract more eyes than normal on the train or in the office... But theres nothing like being attractive!

Over time your neck muscles will start to feel stronger as you progress to more difficult objects like chairs and small children, and soon enough you'll be able to carry your whole family on your head! (see below) And your LCD2's will no doubt, feel light as feathers.

Always willing to lend a little friendly and worldly wisdom :wink:

Nice idea - especially pretty..with the first lady. Good choice - very inspiring!

Dec 12, 2012 at 1:07 PM Post #709 of 13,134
Ok gang, Im back with my .02 cents worth...

Im liking the LCD2s very much and getting used to the fitment, though the T1s were VERY comfortable as compared.  Would LCD3 pads help and does Audeze sell/offer them?

After listening to my system for a few days, Im thinking of trying a few solid state or hybrid amps with the LCD2s.
IMO, the Woo WA6SE was a perfect match for the T1's, but with the LCD2s, seems there is something missing?  Dont get me wrong, the sound is very very good, but I cant describe in words what it is I think Im missing or not hearing?  I haven't figured it out yet.  I dont have the T1s to compare, sold them a couple of days ago.
Why do I feel like the LCDs are capable of more, and maybe tube amplification is limiting their full potential?  Can and does that make sense? 

Grrrrr, here we go again with more purchases, upgrades and experimentation!

Would love opinions/recommendations on other amps/equipment/accessories to consider.

My system at the moment-

Audeze LCD2 v2
Woo 6SE with Mullard GZ34 and 6DE7 tubes
Ayre CX7e MP cd player 
Nordost Valkyrja rca's, Shunyata power cords
Richard Gray RGPC 400

Thanks for any info you guys can provide!

Dec 12, 2012 at 1:50 PM Post #710 of 13,134
Quote:
Ok gang, Im back with my .02 cents worth...

Im liking the LCD2s very much and getting used to the fitment, though the T1s were VERY comfortable as compared.  Would LCD3 pads help and does Audeze sell/offer them?

After listening to my system for a few days, Im thinking of trying a few solid state or hybrid amps with the LCD2s.
IMO, the Woo WA6SE was a perfect match for the T1's, but with the LCD2s, seems there is something missing?  Dont get me wrong, the sound is very very good, but I cant describe in words what it is I think Im missing or not hearing?  I haven't figured it out yet.  I dont have the T1s to compare, sold them a couple of days ago.
Why do I feel like the LCDs are capable of more, and maybe tube amplification is limiting their full potential?  Can and does that make sense? 

Grrrrr, here we go again with more purchases, upgrades and experimentation!

Would love opinions/recommendations on other amps/equipment/accessories to consider.

My system at the moment-

Audeze LCD2 v2
Woo 6SE with Mullard GZ34 and 6DE7 tubes
Ayre CX7e MP cd player 
Nordost Valkyrja rca's, Shunyata power cords
Richard Gray RGPC 400

Thanks for any info you guys can provide!

I haven't tried an OTL with the LCD2's but on paper it probably isn't going to do them justice as they are low impedance and do require a lot of current. I'm currently using a hybrid and to great effect. It's the Mistral HP509 and you can pick one up really quite cheap (or you used to be able to) I got mine for £99 down from £220 in the uk and I've checked and you can pick them up in the USA aswell from Ebay. I wouldn't be recommending an amp like this for no reason as its not an obvious choice, but it's the best amp I've tried yet. It's smooth and tube-like but with a welcome brightness that works well with the Audeze and lights up the top end without any glare. Very refined for the price. Sturdy build. No opamps involved :) 6n2j, 6v china tube, I swapped for Russian 6n2p but theres not much difference.  

Dec 13, 2012 at 10:05 AM Post #711 of 13,134
LCD-3 pads are only offered to customers with LCD-3's.

Dec 13, 2012 at 10:13 AM Post #713 of 13,134
Dec 13, 2012 at 10:26 AM Post #715 of 13,134
Dec 13, 2012 at 10:52 AM Post #717 of 13,134
Someone on here did try the LCD3 pads on the lcd2's and thought they muddied up the sound too much.... Just saying.

Also, the pads on the latest version of LCD2's are made with softer leather than they used to be. It may be the case (if someone could possibly confirm) that they are the same leather/pads as the LCD3's only a different colour, design/shape?

Dec 14, 2012 at 10:08 AM Post #720 of 13,134
Quote:

Some pics of a recent rosewood LCD-2 from a local customer

hi Justin w I am Justin too :D. I never seen lcd 2 rosewood more nicer than this, this is original rosewood ? , i am spending to buy lcd 2 rev2 and i like new black conectors like lcd 3 has. LCD 2 rev. 1 looks sukx compare to this.
I want LCD 2  this looking LCD 2, looks amazing phenomenal omg i want this so much !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back