Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
May 15, 2011 at 2:05 AM Post #406 of 13,134
I must be a lucky person, or just easy to please, I have never had a headphone bother me, for that reason not many things bother me. I.e. every single snowboarding boots I have owned seems to be the most comfortable boots I have used. Same with helmets/cars/clothes. haha I am low maintenance.

Quote:

I probably have the largest head in the world then. :)

I had to extend the headband all the way to the end to fit my megamind head.

Even Beyerdynamic headphones are too small for my head, thought that Germans are bigger. :)

May 15, 2011 at 8:03 PM Post #407 of 13,134
I'm planning on ordering the LCD 2's in the next few days, I really hope it pairs well with the Lyr. I was just wondering what box you guys decided to go with. I like both the wood and the travel case, just think the travel case may be more practical. It's not really important but just wondering what case you went with and why?

May 15, 2011 at 8:16 PM Post #408 of 13,134
I got mine last September so I didn't have a choice. Even if I wasn't a practical person I would go with the travel case. The wood box is pretty and all but I don't leave it out to look at so it only serves the purpose of storing my LCD-2s. The travel case would make me feel a lot safer especially when moving, etc. I'll probably order one before I travel with it.

Cheers!

May 15, 2011 at 8:24 PM Post #409 of 13,134
I'm planning on ordering the LCD 2's in the next few days, I really hope it pairs well with the Lyr. I was just wondering what box you guys decided to go with. I like both the wood and the travel case, just think the travel case may be more practical. It's not really important but just wondering what case you went with and why?
[/quote

The LCD-2's sound great with the Lyr with a tube upgrade the stock JJ's don't sound too hot with the LCD-2's

May 15, 2011 at 9:31 PM Post #410 of 13,134

Quote:
Quote:
[/quote

The LCD-2's sound great with the Lyr with a tube upgrade the stock JJ's don't sound too hot with the LCD-2's

I ordered the valhalla tubes so far and will research what I will go with after that. I heard the stock ones are pretty crappy but to me they sound pretty good with some DT 990's, I was pleasantly surprised. Gotta see which ones are going to pair well with the LCD 2

May 15, 2011 at 9:32 PM Post #411 of 13,134

I really really recommend the travel case, it is a really good one and I have used mine a great deal since getting it as friends have wanted to hear the LCD's and it has made it easy to transport them. Last week I took them to a local GTG in pouring rain and the case protected them wonderfully, not a drop of water got in! I love wooden stuff but the box would just gather dust and sit in a corner doing nothing!

May 15, 2011 at 9:33 PM Post #412 of 13,134

I ordered the valhalla tubes so far and will research what I will go with after that. I heard the stock ones are pretty crappy but to me they sound pretty good with some DT 990's, I was pleasantly surprised. Gotta see which ones are going to pair well with the LCD 2

The 6N23p's pair up great with the LCD2-s

May 15, 2011 at 9:44 PM Post #413 of 13,134

Quote:
Quote:

I really really recommend the travel case, it is a really good one and I have used mine a great deal since getting it as friends have wanted to hear the LCD's and it has made it easy to transport them. Last week I took them to a local GTG in pouring rain and the case protected them wonderfully, not a drop of water got in! I love wooden stuff but the box would just gather dust and sit in a corner doing nothing!

That's exactly what i was thinking. I'm gonna go with the travel case.

May 15, 2011 at 9:45 PM Post #414 of 13,134

Quote:
Quote:

The 6N23p's pair up great with the LCD2-s

Yea I saw a lot of talk about them in the tube rolling thread, how much do you go for and where did you purchase? I still have to see how hard it is to pull the tubes out i havent tried yet.

May 15, 2011 at 9:49 PM Post #415 of 13,134
If I were to order a new pair I would ask if I could get both the box and the case for a little extra.

May 15, 2011 at 10:05 PM Post #417 of 13,134
I think 32 Ohm Audio is selling the travel case separately.

Quote:
If I were to order a new pair I would ask if I could get both the box and the case for a little extra.

May 15, 2011 at 10:06 PM Post #418 of 13,134
Yea I saw a lot of talk about them in the tube rolling thread, how much do you go for and where did you purchase? I still have to see how hard it is to pull the tubes out i havent tried yet.

Its a pain to pull them unless you have a tube glove but you can get them out by wiggling them.. The 6n23p's go for about 30.00 on ebay if you want a cryo set them are about 50.00

May 19, 2011 at 1:37 PM Post #419 of 13,134
Just got my pair yesterday. Easily the best headphones I've ever heard. Will be interesting to see how they change if / when I decide to upgrade the rest of the items in my chain.

May 19, 2011 at 1:47 PM Post #420 of 13,134
I just got them yesterday morning, but my old receiver stopped working last week for some reason so I'm waiting for an adapter (to 1/8") to arrive in the mail (should be coming in a couple of hours).  Can't wait to finally listen to it!  It has been just over 24 hours since I received it, and since then I have just been staring at it/admiring it and have been looking around the house to find something that would make a decent stand...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back