Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Mar 25, 2021 at 4:39 PM Post #12,616 of 13,134
They are clearly not the brand or headphones for you though, and that's okay.

LOL!! Yes, stuff considered the bees knees, priced as bees knees, that breaks so fast, no, nit for me. Probably for no body, but still.

I have been there already, in other fields, but it is a very similar situation, when you buy overpriced stuff supposed to be so much better than stablished cimpanies that do more of mass production and do not want warranty issues and costs. Then those other independent brands, they have to charge you 5K for something in order to have you covered. And still, if you one day remove them from your head to fast and they break, clearly indicated; not warranty covered. Also repairs under wareanty dont give any new 3 years, that would make it almost 6 years, or perpetual warranty. No, not true folks.

Mar 25, 2021 at 5:04 PM Post #12,617 of 13,134
LOL!! Yes, stuff considered the bees knees, priced as bees knees, that breaks so fast, no, nit for me. Probably for no body, but still.

I have been there already, in other fields, but it is a very similar situation, when you buy overpriced stuff supposed to be so much better than stablished cimpanies that do more of mass production and do not want warranty issues and costs. Then those other independent brands, they have to charge you 5K for something in order to have you covered. And still, if you one day remove them from your head to fast and they break, clearly indicated; not warranty covered. Also repairs under wareanty dont give any new 3 years, that would make it almost 6 years, or perpetual warranty. No, not true folks.
I think you have made your point very clear in several posts the last few days. Perhaps it is time to move on to a thread with a headphone you would actually buy and enjoy.

Mar 25, 2021 at 6:50 PM Post #12,618 of 13,134
Also repairs under wareanty dont give any new 3 years, that would make it almost 6 years, or perpetual warranty. No, not true folks.
They do provide a fresh 3 year warranty on any replacement drivers, so technically yes, 6 years if they were replaced under warranty just before it ran out. Or who knows, you might just get lucky and use them for 5-10 years with no issues like the overwhelming majority of owners 😉

Mar 25, 2021 at 7:48 PM Post #12,619 of 13,134
They do provide a fresh 3 year warranty on any replacement drivers, so technically yes, 6 years if they were replaced under warranty just before it ran out. Or who knows, you might just get lucky and use them for 5-10 years with no issues like the overwhelming majority of owners 😉
No, that is not correct, that is wrong. If you have to pay for the drivers, inside warranty, or out of warranty, then you get those 3 years. But otherwise it would be a perpetual warranty. No my dear no. You get drivers replaced at 2 years and 11 months, I bet if new ones break too, they put you another ones, out of warranty, because warranty is 3 years, it would not be 6. I know this because I have been in the position of purchasing an lcd with drivers just replaced, at the end of the warranty, zero of new 3 years warranty, zero.

Mar 25, 2021 at 11:45 PM Post #12,620 of 13,134
I think we should all sign a letter to Audeze saying please bring back the Pre Fazor LCD2.2 in wooden rings. I think for $1000, this will be a hard headphone to beat.

Mar 26, 2021 at 12:47 AM Post #12,621 of 13,134
They still offer the LCD2 Fazor in Rosewood, but it's made on demand in batches as per what their product page says.

They need to come up with an ultra linear driver that can then be easily PEQ-ed to preference by the user. One designed to be PEQ-ed. That sounds like schiit without PEQ but technically high performing.

That would really be the end of all games. :wink:

Mar 26, 2021 at 10:28 AM Post #12,622 of 13,134
No, that is not correct, that is wrong. If you have to pay for the drivers, inside warranty, or out of warranty, then you get those 3 years. But otherwise it would be a perpetual warranty. No my dear no. You get drivers replaced at 2 years and 11 months, I bet if new ones break too, they put you another ones, out of warranty, because warranty is 3 years, it would not be 6. I know this because I have been in the position of purchasing an lcd with drivers just replaced, at the end of the warranty, zero of new 3 years warranty, zero.
Wrong.

From Audeze support;

"Audeze has a 3-year warranty on drivers. If any driver fails within that period we replace them for free and extend the warranty on the drivers by 3 more years from the date of replacement.

Also the warranties are completely transferable in that period (first,second,third owner etc)."

Mar 26, 2021 at 11:15 AM Post #12,623 of 13,134
They need to come up with an ultra linear driver that can then be easily PEQ-ed to preference by the user. One designed to be PEQ-ed. That sounds like schiit without PEQ but technically high performing.
That's kinda where the current 2018-2020 LCD-2F is at. It doesn't measure like it used to and has almost zero ear gain. Generally as I understand it, Audeze prefers to tune as close as they can to their house target physically so that your need for EQ is minimized. However, what you are describing *was* the approach for the iSines - using them without EQ makes no sense as they are essentially unusable without the Cipher cable or heavy correction from Reveal due to the nature of the design.

"Audeze has a 3-year warranty on drivers. If any driver fails within that period we replace them for free and extend the warranty on the drivers by 3 more years from the date of replacement.

Also the warranties are completely transferable in that period (first,second,third owner etc)."
That is correct. When I sold my LCD-2C to a friend, one side died a few months after that. Once the drivers were replaced by Audeze for a whole charge of $0, their 3-year warranty timeline was restarted all over again.

Mar 29, 2021 at 12:04 AM Post #12,626 of 13,134
I'm new to this thread, so can LCD2C sound same as LCD2 pre fazor?

It does not, no and cannot (I've tried with EQ/Pad swaps and have failed)

Mar 30, 2021 at 10:45 AM Post #12,628 of 13,134
Tested a 2014 or so Fazor a while back, was like a totally different headphone to 2.1 and not in a good way..no subs, grainy..ugh.
Would like to see what a 2021 sounds like vs a 2010 model.

Mar 30, 2021 at 4:02 PM Post #12,629 of 13,134
Just want to say the Pre-Fazors have been rivaling serious time from my Aryas. Since I got them its been closer to 50/50 of which I wear on any given day, the fact you can find these in the $500-$700 range is impressive for the money. Hell I can see a scenario down the line if I need money, I may just sell the Aryas and keep the Pre-Fazors.

Also Dekoni finally got the Sheepskin pads back in stock so mine are on the way, hoping they work out.

Mar 30, 2021 at 4:12 PM Post #12,630 of 13,134
More microdetail/dynamics/bigger soundstage on Arya's; pre-fazor just more immersive and enjoyable for long sessions at times IMO..especially off more analytical gear...Arya's and analytical gear a bit OTT...like the stealth look on Arya vs the multicolour HeKse with moon ebony veneer on the cups.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back