Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Mar 4, 2020 at 11:29 PM Post #12,046 of 13,134
D5322957-A75C-497F-AB67-C81F8B8A0B1B.jpeg

Scored a pair of LCD 2 rev.2. I had a pair years ago & always regretted selling them. It took a while to find one at an affordable price and I did. Bought them from a fellow CanadIan off eBay so I didn’t have to pay customs either. I use them with my vintage Kenwood integrated amplifier and a Valhalla 2. They sound really good.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2020 at 1:15 AM Post #12,047 of 13,134
D5322957-A75C-497F-AB67-C81F8B8A0B1B.jpeg

Scored a pair of LCD 2 rev.2. I had a pair years ago & always regretted selling them. It took a while to find one at an affordable price and I did. Bought them from a fellow CanadIan off eBay so I didn’t have to pay customs either. I use them with my vintage Kenwood integrated amplifier and a Valhalla 2. They sound really good.
May I ask why'd you get a second pair? Will you be using it for a different setting?

Mar 5, 2020 at 6:28 AM Post #12,048 of 13,134
May I ask why'd you get a second pair? Will you be using it for a different setting?
No, I just remembered that they sounded “different” as a headphone no matter what the setting. And they do, very smooth and detailed with excellent & tight bass. It’s that simple of a reason.

Mar 5, 2020 at 5:05 PM Post #12,049 of 13,134
I've asked this here before, but would anyone happen to have access to a 3d printer and possibly be willing to print me some waveguides for my LCD2.2s? I've checked numerous places online, but almost every one of them is wanting at least $35 + shipping. I'd very much be willing to pay, of course; as long as it's reasonable.

Mar 6, 2020 at 8:07 AM Post #12,050 of 13,134
Hello Everyone

I just picked up a B Stock LCD-2 from Moon Audio. I absolutely love everything about the sound. It’s has amazing detail and soundstage but with a sound signature that makes any type music sound fantastic. But here’s the issue. If I listen to them for any length of time (30 mins or more) I get this strange discomfort in my ear canal almost like a mild burning sensation. It doesn’t hurt but is not a good feeling. I don’t listen loudly. I check everything I listen to with a decibel meter. I keep all music at and average of 70db. Max swings will go up to 75db. Has anyone else experienced this or have any advice to get rid of it? I absolutely love these headphones and would hate to return them. I came from HD600 and Hd6xx and never experienced this with dynamic headphones even at louder volume.

Mar 6, 2020 at 8:51 AM Post #12,051 of 13,134
Hello Everyone

I just picked up a B Stock LCD-2 from Moon Audio. I absolutely love everything about the sound. It’s has amazing detail and soundstage but with a sound signature that makes any type music sound fantastic. But here’s the issue. If I listen to them for any length of time (30 mins or more) I get this strange discomfort in my ear canal almost like a mild burning sensation. It doesn’t hurt but is not a good feeling. I don’t listen loudly. I check everything I listen to with a decibel meter. I keep all music at and average of 70db. Max swings will go up to 75db. Has anyone else experienced this or have any advice to get rid of it? I absolutely love these headphones and would hate to return them. I came from HD600 and Hd6xx and never experienced this with dynamic headphones even at louder volume.
I'm guessing it's sort of a pressure sensation on your eardrum. It will likely go away in a week's time or so. It's due to the airtight seal Audeze headphones typically require. Give them a little more time to get comfortable.

Mar 6, 2020 at 11:03 AM Post #12,052 of 13,134
I'm guessing it's sort of a pressure sensation on your eardrum. It will likely go away in a week's time or so. It's due to the airtight seal Audeze headphones typically require. Give them a little more time to get comfortable.

Thank you for the reply. That’s good to know that it will subside over time. I really don’t want to return these because it has such an incredible sound.

Mar 15, 2020 at 12:17 PM Post #12,053 of 13,134
Hey all. Just want to introduce myself as a new owner of a pair of 2019 factory refurbished Audeze LCD-2F cans. Stock leather pads, etc.

I've used for years, both for single driver loudspeakers and headphone listening, my trusted Cary 300SEI with good tubes. My collection includes a 600 & 650 w/Blue Dragon cables, and my daily driver, my beloved T1 (original). The T1 has recently bested (to my 62 year old ears anyway) some Focal Elear cans which were very nice in their own right.

I've been wanting to see if I like the sound of the LCD-2Fs with the SET Cary integrated. I will put away the T1s and listen exclusively to the Audeze for a couple of weeks before an A-B session with the Beyers!

Will post my initial impression of the LCD-2Fs in a week or so.

Mar 18, 2020 at 11:36 AM Post #12,054 of 13,134
Just scored me my first audezes!! they are in great condition and got em at a killer price. Best of all they love my emotiva basx. They are pre Fazor but thats about all i know of them besides them sounding amazing.

IMG_0915.jpg

Mar 18, 2020 at 6:51 PM Post #12,056 of 13,134
My rev2 died few month ago... I had a LCD2 classic on hand in order to avoid withdraw symptoms but they doesn't have the lush of the good old rev2...
I'm really sad, those legendary rev2 gave me joy for years:cry:

Apr 4, 2020 at 9:22 PM Post #12,057 of 13,134
Just got mine. They're excellently detailed and visually gorgeous. Not sure the sound is for me though. I'm doing some EQ'ing right now to try and make them fit my sonic preferences. So far they're responding well, but we'll see if I know enough about EQ'ing to make it work.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2020 at 12:18 AM Post #12,058 of 13,134
Greetings folks! Currently auditioning the Denon D7200. It sounds great, but it has a bit of a clamping force, so I’m not sure if I’m going to keep it or not.

Was just curious as to what you would say the clamping force On the audeze are.

I have a pretty decent sized head

Apr 19, 2020 at 12:32 AM Post #12,059 of 13,134
I've been using a pair of HD650's as my everyday headphone but I took out my LCD-2s tonight and man, I forgot how incredible they were. The 650s are great but the LCDs are really entirely in another league with so much more 'magic' to the sound for lack of a better word.

With that said, my LCDs are a little over 4 years old at this point and I noticed the leather earpads look a little dry/worn. I ordered the leather care kit from Audeze's website and I'm waiting for it to arrive, does anyone have any experience with the kit or how to properly treat the earpads? I've heard they're a real pain to change so I'm trying to get as much life out of this set as possible.

Apr 19, 2020 at 1:23 AM Post #12,060 of 13,134
I've just sold my Audeze LCD-2s and now I feel free to say that these headphones, while of immense quality, meshed terribly with my Schiit Jotunheim with the Multibit DAC. They had a weird peak around 650MHz that made them almost painful to listen to. I tried to EQ this peak out but it was too much. I used the line in and bypassed the DAC and the problem disappeared. The headphones also sounded fine on the headphone out of my NAD C 338 stereo amp, so I can say with confidence that the Schiit Multibit DAC hated the LCD-2s.

My impressions after solving my DAC issues: I had the 2016 revision with Fazor and with the old-school headband. They were beautifully detailed and lovely to listen to. However, I bought these under the impression they were a "bassy" headphone and that was a mistake. My two headphones currently are Dekoni Blues and V-Moda Crossfade Wireless. These are both what I would consider a "bassy" headphone and the Audezes were flat in comparison. I attribute this to the difference between "audiophile bass" and "consumer bass". The Audezes are lackluster in terms of impact when compared to the heavy hitters of the bass world such as the Dekoni Blues, V-Moda Crossfades, or other deep headphones like the Denon AH-D7000 or Fostex TR-X00. The Audezes have beautifully detailed bass, far better than my Dekonis or V-Modas, but that is expected at their price point. But they lack the impact that I expected, hence my selling. My conclusion is that while I can fully appreciate their quality, the LCD-2s just are not for me. I'm writing this impression post in the hopes I can inform somebody with similar tastes to mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back