Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Apr 25, 2020 at 1:11 PM Post #12,077 of 13,139
All I have is the lcd2f, which I've always heard that the 2c had a boosted bass, but never had one to tell. I'm not particularly interested in the 2c because I have the loki and I can make the bass on my lcd2f shake my teeth fillings loose if I want to, though i have limits.

Apr 25, 2020 at 8:50 PM Post #12,079 of 13,139
The Elear is more dynamic and powerful sounding than the 2C. The 2C is more compressed with mpre sub bass rumble at the extremes. Having more leading edge, snap and presence can add to the impact. The bass itself it's acceleration or oompth(Elear) vs extension(2C) Unless music has 20hz information the Elear will feel more bassy.

The 2F and 2C also have this effect where they create a vacuum seal so they can have an almost artificial body(They're actually rather lean overall) but I've not factor this in the comparison.

The 2F vs 2C, bass level is the same, there's no bass boost. I find the 2C less compressed than the 2F however which leads to better leading edge and dynamics. I had a couple of Shedua LCD-2F's and thought they sounded like crap if I'm honest where as my 2013 bamboo was fantastic. I think the fazor really screws with dynamics of the 2 line.

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2020 at 4:35 AM Post #12,080 of 13,139
I have both and I'm not sure that I hear more impactful bass from the Elear. I'm leaning towards the opposite - it's hard to beat the Audeze bass.

Interesting, have now seen some people say Elear has stronger bass impact and some (such as yourself) saying LCD2 has stronger bass impact.

Just curious - what amp and/or DAC do you run the LCD2 out of - and did you use that same amp on the Elear?

EDIT: oh, and are you using EQ on either headphone?

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2020 at 6:14 AM Post #12,081 of 13,139
Interesting, have now seen some people say Elear has stronger bass impact and some (such as yourself) saying LCD2 has stronger bass impact.

Just curious - what amp and/or DAC do you run the LCD2 out of - and did you use that same amp on the Elear?

I wonder if that comes from quality differences.
There is this rumor that certain LCD might sound noteably different than others of the same line.

Also the LCD X Reviews here on Head Fi, some claim they have more Bass impact but less control than the LCD2 others claim they had less than the LCD2.

Amplification might be the reason as well.

Apr 26, 2020 at 5:50 PM Post #12,082 of 13,139
The 2F and 2C also have this effect where they create a vacuum seal so they can have an almost artificial body(They're actually rather lean overall) but I've not factor this in the comparison.

Had to think about this, and, took me a while before I decided to say anything (I prefer being neutral and non hostile), but you are full of it if you think seal is not an important part of nearly every headphone that is even half engineered. Rip the pads off your elear and hold them approx the same distance from your ears and tell me they sound the same. You can not fault any headphone for seal creating the sound generated, its part of the process. If you want more natural bass, go buy a speaker system.

As I said earlier, never heard the 2c, I have heard my 2f and the elear (I do not own the elear). To my ears they are close. The lcd's are approaching a more neutral sound, and the elears are a bit more boosted. It's close enough where I would be satisfied with either.

Apr 26, 2020 at 7:50 PM Post #12,083 of 13,139
Had to think about this, and, took me a while before I decided to say anything (I prefer being neutral and non hostile), but you are full of it if you think seal is not an important part of nearly every headphone that is even half engineered. Rip the pads off your elear and hold them approx the same distance from your ears and tell me they sound the same. You can not fault any headphone for seal creating the sound generated, its part of the process. If you want more natural bass, go buy a speaker system.

As I said earlier, never heard the 2c, I have heard my 2f and the elear (I do not own the elear). To my ears they are close. The lcd's are approaching a more neutral sound, and the elears are a bit more boosted. It's close enough where I would be satisfied with either.
Audeze headphones act like semi open headphones. The seal actually causes the driver to flex, harshly. This isn't common and is different to simply controlling airflow, I don't think you quite understand what I'm talking about here.

All headphones have controlled airflow whether it's design or simply by using a sealed pad, what I'm talking about is totally different, it affects the sound and it affects the driver.

The LCD-2F(At least the many number of Sheduas and Alu's from 2016-2019) is so far from neutral it's not even funny, apart form sounding like plastic crap they sound compressed and voices sound like the singer has bronchitis. The LCD-2 pre 2014, fantastic timbre, still not neutral but what a sound it produces.

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2020 at 8:32 PM Post #12,084 of 13,139
I would read what you said, but the part about plastic crap and bronchitus caught my eye, and one thing I have realized in life, not that I am terribly intelligent mind you, well read, but not too bright, anyways, what I have realized is that people who are so biased as to make huge exaggerations (pro or con) about something to the point where they sound so ridiculous and far reaching, well they aren't going to change based on anything that anyone says and they are not reliable for information. Best thing one can do is ignore and move on. You have a good day and be safe.

Apr 26, 2020 at 8:43 PM Post #12,085 of 13,139
Audeze headphones act like semi open headphones. The seal actually causes the driver to flex, harshly. This isn't common and is different to simply controlling airflow, I don't think you quite understand what I'm talking about here.

All headphones have controlled airflow whether it's design or simply by using a sealed pad, what I'm talking about is totally different, it affects the sound and it affects the driver.

The LCD-2F(At least the many number of Sheduas and Alu's from 2016-2019) is so far from neutral it's not even funny, apart form sounding like plastic crap they sound compressed and voices sound like the singer has bronchitis. The LCD-2 pre 2014, fantastic timbre, still not neutral but what a sound it produces.
What are you doing stuffing them with saran wrap? 🤣

Apr 26, 2020 at 8:54 PM Post #12,086 of 13,139
I would read what you said, but the part about plastic crap and bronchitus caught my eye, and one thing I have realized in life, not that I am terribly intelligent mind you, well read, but not too bright, anyways, what I have realized is that people who are so biased as to make huge exaggerations (pro or con) about something to the point where they sound so ridiculous and far reaching, well they aren't going to change based on anything that anyone says and they are not reliable for information. Best thing one can do is ignore and move on. You have a good day and be safe.
You sound sensitive

Apr 27, 2020 at 12:47 AM Post #12,087 of 13,139
I would really like to try the lcd classic someday. I bought a shedua wood lcd with fazor. I liked the dynamics and contrast a lot. In trying to determine which I wanted to keep at the time, I chose atticus because it was more comfortable, had more impact, and closer vocals.

Apr 27, 2020 at 10:35 AM Post #12,088 of 13,139

Good point - amps do make a difference. I use the Cavalli Liquid Carbon with the LCD-2 and the Schiit Lyr 3 with the Elear. To my ears the Lyr 3/Elear is a particularly captivating combo. Both are fed by the Schiit Bifrost Multibit DAC. No EQ.

Apr 28, 2020 at 6:59 PM Post #12,089 of 13,139

Just unboxed and tried out my Shedua LCD-2f. Even unamped they sound amazing, and nothing like you described. Bass is full and deep, with impact. Mids are liquid smooth and lifelike. Treble is liquid and sparkles without being screechy.

Apr 28, 2020 at 7:28 PM Post #12,090 of 13,139
Just unboxed and tried out my Shedua LCD-2f. Even unamped they sound amazing, and nothing like you described. Bass is full and deep, with impact. Mids are liquid smooth and lifelike. Treble is liquid and sparkles without being screechy.
With the exception of the Heddphone (after a few revisions and what not) this might be end game for me. (Of course I said that about the he-400, the sennheiser hd-650, and the EL-8) :L3000:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back