Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Apr 11, 2018 at 6:51 AM Post #11,612 of 13,134
My new LCD-2.2 Non Fazor. Amazing sound!

Isn't this the 2.1?

I thought the 2.2 pre-fazor had angled connectors. I have the 2.2 pre-fazors and mine have angled connectors.

EDIT: is there any word on differences in sound between the LCD2C and the original pre-fazor LCD2's?

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2018 at 3:37 PM Post #11,613 of 13,134
Hey guys. In case you’re wondering, the new Audeze suspension headband that debuted with the LCD-2C is now available direct from Audeze as an upgrade kit for $125.

I recently bought a mint LCD-3 from another forum member and can confirm two things: the new headband looks great on the 3, and it’s a must-have upgrade if, like me, you can’t wear the original headband for more than a few minutes before getting a painful hotspot on your head.

Pics below. Enjoy.

Apr 11, 2018 at 3:52 PM Post #11,615 of 13,134
@gLer , is it a simple install? I'm assuming that all you need to do is slip off the rods and insert them on the new headband
Yes, very simple. Unscrew the small retaining screws on top of each yoke, slide each ear cup off the headband, then slide the yokes into the new headband (with a bit of wiggle they fit nice and tight). There's a YouTube video that shows how to install the CF headband here (same concept for the 2C headband):

Apr 11, 2018 at 4:19 PM Post #11,616 of 13,134
Isn't this the 2.1?

I thought the 2.2 pre-fazor had angled connectors. I have the 2.2 pre-fazors and mine have angled connectors.

EDIT: is there any word on differences in sound between the LCD2C and the original pre-fazor LCD2's?

ALL Lcd 2 except the very first batches have angled connectors. Also, it's not just the fazor that affects the sound, the varieties of ear pads also makes a difference, the dust protector does not just protect the headphone against dust, they are not all acoustically transparent. (they made contless tweaks to every part of the LCD2 early on, including how screws were fastened, the people at Audeze seem to be obsessed with the quality of their products).

Apr 11, 2018 at 6:51 PM Post #11,618 of 13,134

This LCD2-Classic is very good on Vali 2+Modi2, is my first choice on Audeze...
I second this combo. Great sounding together.

Apr 12, 2018 at 11:50 AM Post #11,619 of 13,134
This morning from 8:00 to 14:00 I was able to compare my LCD-2 Classic to all other Audeze headphones, it lacked only LCD3 ... It appears from this big comparison on a XI Audio Formula S and an Auris HA-2 that the most expensive is not automatically the best rated in my felt. A big crush on the MX4 except my LCD2-Classic, for me on Pop / Electro it dominates all the others ... The dynamics of the bass, the punch, the physical impact oulalalala ... On a Pop / Rock listening I put the LCD-2 Classic in top position, it is the least technical of all, but in my opinion it is the most versatile. an LCD4 will imperazl technically on classical music, as far as I prefer the LCD2 Fazor, the MX4 before arriving at LCD4 ... In short it's completely subjective, it's just my feeling. Au final celui qui arrive en dernier c'est le LCD-X... !

20180412_102036 - Copie.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2018 at 3:46 PM Post #11,620 of 13,134
This morning from 8:00 to 14:00 I was able to compare my LCD-2 Classic to all other Audeze headphones, it lacked only LCD3 ... It appears from this big comparison on a XI Audio Formula S and an Auris HA-2 that the most expensive is not automatically the best rated in my felt. A big crush on the MX4 except my LCD2-Classic, for me on Pop / Electro it dominates all the others ... The dynamics of the bass, the punch, the physical impact oulalalala ... On a Pop / Rock listening I put the LCD-2 Classic in top position, it is the least technical of all, but in my opinion it is the most versatile. an LCD4 will imperazl technically on classical music, as far as I prefer the LCD2 Fazor, the MX4 before arriving at LCD4 ... In short it's completely subjective, it's just my feeling. Au final celui qui arrive en dernier c'est le LCD-X... !

Thanks for sharing this ,I was wondering (since you have them all ) if you can compare LCD-2 none fazor to LCD-2C

Apr 12, 2018 at 7:00 PM Post #11,623 of 13,134
Last edited:
Apr 12, 2018 at 11:15 PM Post #11,624 of 13,134
I just bought a used set of LCD-2 with a date of december 2016.
They have the non leather ear pads, non leather headband, lohb strap, and extended yoke straps.
They come with an extra 4 pin balanced cable but I don't have a balanced amp. I currently only have the Schiit Lyr 2. Is it ok just to use a normal 4pin xlr to trs adapter to use this cable?
And is there anything I should know about these in particular? They will arrive next week. With that date are they the newest design or was there a newer one in 2017?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back