Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Apr 13, 2018 at 6:18 AM Post #11,626 of 13,132
I just bought a used set of LCD-2 with a date of december 2016.
They have the non leather ear pads, non leather headband, lohb strap, and extended yoke straps.
They come with an extra 4 pin balanced cable but I don't have a balanced amp. I currently only have the Schiit Lyr 2. Is it ok just to use a normal 4pin xlr to trs adapter to use this cable?
And is there anything I should know about these in particular? They will arrive next week. With that date are they the newest design or was there a newer one in 2017?
That adapter sounds absolutely fine and standard.

I never heard about a 2017 update

But if you email audeze, which i did when i bought my late 2016 lcd2, they’ll confirm that. Probably with the range of serial numbers covered by the updates. Or just send them you serial number - i believe you can even verify them on their website

Apr 13, 2018 at 10:23 AM Post #11,627 of 13,132
I just bought a used set of LCD-2 with a date of december 2016.
They have the non leather ear pads, non leather headband, lohb strap, and extended yoke straps.
They come with an extra 4 pin balanced cable but I don't have a balanced amp. I currently only have the Schiit Lyr 2. Is it ok just to use a normal 4pin xlr to trs adapter to use this cable?
And is there anything I should know about these in particular? They will arrive next week. With that date are they the newest design or was there a newer one in 2017?
I have constucted an adaptor from 4pin female to 1/4” TRS plug. Google the pin-out diagram.

My advice is only use it with single end amps. Never do the opposite... 4pin male to 1/4” female. Some balanced amps will not like being “bridged” at the output.

Enjoy your headphones!

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2018 at 11:57 AM Post #11,628 of 13,132
I have constucted an adaptor from 4pin female to 1/4” TRS plug. Google the pin-out diagram.

My advice is only use it with single end amps. Never do the opposite... 4pin male to 1/4” female. Some balanced amps will not like being “bridged” at the output.

Enjoy your headphones!

I ended up just ordering this adapter.
8 Cores Pcocc Silver Plated Cable 1/4 1/8 3.5mm Male to 4-pin XLR Female Balanced Audio Adapter Hi-end https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073P6Y24P/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_Iln0Ab2740CW7

Apr 14, 2018 at 4:57 PM Post #11,633 of 13,132
Apr 16, 2018 at 2:38 AM Post #11,637 of 13,132
Just a bit curious as a new LCD-2 owner, is it normal for the mini XLR inputs to be a bit hard to pull out? It's definitely not a one handed operation to remove the cable.
Yes, also depends on the cable. Some come out easier than others. I find by pressing the level and gently wriggling the cable out from side to side it’s the most gentle on the connectors. Whatever you do don’t yank them.

Apr 16, 2018 at 3:34 AM Post #11,638 of 13,132
Yes, also depends on the cable. Some come out easier than others. I find by pressing the level and gently wriggling the cable out from side to side it’s the most gentle on the connectors. Whatever you do don’t yank them.
Thanks for the reply. This is the new braided rubber cable with no L/R marks on the connectors. I've been wiggling it but sometimes it just pops out. It was a bit worrying because it feels like its much harder to remove them than it should be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back