Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Apr 16, 2018 at 9:50 AM Post #11,641 of 13,137
Thanks for the reply. This is the new braided rubber cable with no L/R marks on the connectors. I've been wiggling it but sometimes it just pops out. It was a bit worrying because it feels like its much harder to remove them than it should be.

I've been dealing with that issue since November with the new braided cable on my LCD-2s. The good news is that is hasn't caused any connection problems or gotten worse. Nothing seems to be getting snagged or bent by pulling it out. Just a tighter fit. The bad news is that it hasn't gotten any better.

I wouldn't wiggle it, personally. Those jacks are not made for lateral stress.

Apr 22, 2018 at 1:20 PM Post #11,644 of 13,137
I can't help but notice the entire LCD collection on the Audeze website, (LCD-2 non C included) are all sporting the new suspension headbands now.

Looks like Audeze is completely ditching the traditional headbands after many many years of us complaining about comfort.

Who can forget the pot metal and cheap foam of the first revision LCD-2?

Apr 24, 2018 at 7:43 AM Post #11,647 of 13,137
How is the O2 DAC and Amp combo for these cans? Can anyone talk from experience?
Had this combo for about a month back a few years ago and it was not to my liking. The ODAC/O2 was lean and a bit dry with the LCD-2f, liked the headphone output of my UD-301 much better since the sound was fuller, bass had a touch more impact/slam and highs were slightly smoother to me.

Apr 27, 2018 at 4:23 AM Post #11,649 of 13,137
I can't help but notice the entire LCD collection on the Audeze website, (LCD-2 non C included) are all sporting the new suspension headbands now.

Looks like Audeze is completely ditching the traditional headbands after many many years of us complaining about comfort.

Who can forget the pot metal and cheap foam of the first revision LCD-2?
This is a good move. The suspension headband looks more simple, and cheaper to manufacture as well (which is probably why they introduced it with the LCD-2C). I didn't see it mentioned on other models, but on the LCD-X it says that it's leather, rather than 'leather free' on the 2C.

Apr 27, 2018 at 11:19 AM Post #11,650 of 13,137
It doesn't look like Audeze is offering different types of wood for the LCD-2. Is this a recent development or is bamboo going to be the only wood option from now on? That would be a shame because IMO the bamboo pales in comparison to most other woods :p

Apr 27, 2018 at 11:41 AM Post #11,651 of 13,137
It doesn't look like Audeze is offering different types of wood for the LCD-2. Is this a recent development or is bamboo going to be the only wood option from now on? That would be a shame because IMO the bamboo pales in comparison to most other woods :p

That is a shame. Although, personally, I think the best wood choice is aluminum.

Apr 27, 2018 at 11:26 PM Post #11,654 of 13,137
Received my LCD 2 today (pre Fazor) been listening for the last few hours and the words lush and dark keeps popping into my mind. I have embraced the darkness and it feels good :smiling_imp: The lows, sub bass are really exceptional i have to admit. I am also amazed at the speed that these process they just seem to effortlessly animate the music in the most tasteful way. Can anyone recommend a good balanced cable for these bad boys?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back