Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Jan 6, 2018 at 5:05 PM Post #11,521 of 13,140
I have a noob question? What happens when you connect a balanced cable into a single ended amp as far as sound is concerned? Will there be a degradation such as not sounding full? The reason that I ask is because my phones came today but I think with only a balanced cable. :triportsad:

No. It will just sound like standard single-ended. Of course, you must use an adapter.

Jan 6, 2018 at 10:57 PM Post #11,523 of 13,140
I have a noob question? What happens when you connect a balanced cable into a single ended amp as far as sound is concerned? Will there be a degradation such as not sounding full? The reason that I ask is because my phones came today but I think with only a balanced cable. :triportsad:
If you are using an adapter to go from balanced to SE then there should be no difference in sound.

Jan 8, 2018 at 11:00 AM Post #11,525 of 13,140
Hello everyone and thanks for reading! This is my first post in this hell of a nice community!

I've been using from some years a pair of German Maestro GMP 8.35D 32 Ohm with Brainwavz HM5 thick pads. I absolutely love this cans, sturdy as hell, nice sound and isolation (for this price, unbeatable). Paired with my Meizu Pro5 that could achieve very nice quality levels i was quite happy.

But i fell in love with the LCD2s. I wanted them so bad after some time lurking around the net. A few days ago i demoed them in my local HiFi shop, i guess they were 2016 Fazor versions, Shedua model. Even if i demoed them using my Meizu pro 5 on high gain mode, and integrated ESS Dac, i felt in love with them. They just extend every aspect of my beloved German Maestro to the next level, very noticeable super high quality bass and soundstage. Now... IM READY TO DROP SOME SERIOUS CASH!!! :gs1000smile::gs1000smile::gs1000smile:

I live in Spain where Audeze products are a little bit overpriced. But a relative is travelling to Tucson, AZ for a month and he's willing to bring me the LCD2's so i will buy them straight from Audeze's website, make them be sent to his hotel, and wait patiently for him to return to Spain. If you guys have any advice on ordering process, please tell me. I'm all EARS ^^

I guess that Audeze shop will ship the latest model revision. I'm wondering two things, one if the warranty is aplicable overseas, and two, if they now ship with the new braided cable like the LCD2Classic, or do i have to ask specifically in my Audeze order....

Now the second part of my ultra boring story, the DAC/AMP paradox.

I can drop some cash here but i don't wanna go nuts. I know the LCD2s quality extend with top tier equipment but i can live with moderate qualities ( as i said, auditioned them on a Meizu Pro 5 phone and i was quite happy). I have some idea of which equipment should i buy but there are so many options (and prices) that i get quite lost, so I SUMMON THE LCD2s MASTERS!

-I have considered the Schiit Basic stack, Magni3 / Modi2 Uber or MB. I would prefer to avoid Schiit because its US based and would prefer something that i can buy in Europe. But if the Magni 3 is decent enough for the LCD2s, im ready baby.

-I've also came across the Audio GD R2R 11 which looks quite interesting, but lacks analogic input, and i would like my set to have it, even though i can live without it. I find interesting the Warm/Neutral switch on this little beast. It's quite pricey but i think i could go there...

-Also very interesting price point (and hugely available here, even with Amazon Premium) is the Aune X1S 10th Anniversary. I would love this model to be enough because its my most easy option.

-And my last detour goes by the Matrix Audio M-Stage HPA-3U or U+ witch i believe they are similar except for the DAC section. And also its almost a clone of the Audeze Deckard amp/dac, so i think it can fit perfect with the LCD2s.

So please i ask you for your kind advice about my questions and any tip would be really valuable now that i'm starting my "game" with some serious (and heavy) Audeze cans.

Thank Y'ALL!:darthsmile:

Jan 13, 2018 at 12:16 PM Post #11,526 of 13,140
Joined the Audeze club today.
Bought a used pair of LCD-2 complete with papers, pelicase, original box and blue dragon XLR cable.

Came from B&O H6,DT880, X2 and so far all i can say is wow. Amazing headphones so far.
Using a Chord Mojo as dac / amp so far.

Will be looking at a new setup(dac & amp) for home use for the LCD-2's.

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2018 at 1:13 PM Post #11,527 of 13,140
Joined the Audeze club today.
Bought a used pair of LCD-2 complete with papers, pelicase, original box and blue dragon XLR cable.

Came from B&O H6,DT880, X2 and so far all i can say is wow. Amazing headphones so far.
Using a Chord Mojo as dac / amp so far.

Will be looking at a new setup(dac & amp) for home use for the LCD-2's.

Congrats! Mine came last Saturday and I'm loving them. Right now they're being mated with a iFi Micro IDSD BL but a Burson Conductor will be coming next week to insert into my main rig. For what it's worth the iFi is really good.

Jan 14, 2018 at 12:42 AM Post #11,528 of 13,140
Hello everyone and thanks for reading! This is my first post in this hell of a nice community!

I've been using from some years a pair of German Maestro GMP 8.35D 32 Ohm with Brainwavz HM5 thick pads. I absolutely love this cans, sturdy as hell, nice sound and isolation (for this price, unbeatable). Paired with my Meizu Pro5 that could achieve very nice quality levels i was quite happy.

But i fell in love with the LCD2s. I wanted them so bad after some time lurking around the net. A few days ago i demoed them in my local HiFi shop, i guess they were 2016 Fazor versions, Shedua model. Even if i demoed them using my Meizu pro 5 on high gain mode, and integrated ESS Dac, i felt in love with them. They just extend every aspect of my beloved German Maestro to the next level, very noticeable super high quality bass and soundstage. Now... IM READY TO DROP SOME SERIOUS CASH!!! :gs1000smile::gs1000smile::gs1000smile:

I live in Spain where Audeze products are a little bit overpriced. But a relative is travelling to Tucson, AZ for a month and he's willing to bring me the LCD2's so i will buy them straight from Audeze's website, make them be sent to his hotel, and wait patiently for him to return to Spain. If you guys have any advice on ordering process, please tell me. I'm all EARS ^^

I guess that Audeze shop will ship the latest model revision. I'm wondering two things, one if the warranty is aplicable overseas, and two, if they now ship with the new braided cable like the LCD2Classic, or do i have to ask specifically in my Audeze order....

Now the second part of my ultra boring story, the DAC/AMP paradox.

I can drop some cash here but i don't wanna go nuts. I know the LCD2s quality extend with top tier equipment but i can live with moderate qualities ( as i said, auditioned them on a Meizu Pro 5 phone and i was quite happy). I have some idea of which equipment should i buy but there are so many options (and prices) that i get quite lost, so I SUMMON THE LCD2s MASTERS!

-I have considered the Schiit Basic stack, Magni3 / Modi2 Uber or MB. I would prefer to avoid Schiit because its US based and would prefer something that i can buy in Europe. But if the Magni 3 is decent enough for the LCD2s, im ready baby.

-I've also came across the Audio GD R2R 11 which looks quite interesting, but lacks analogic input, and i would like my set to have it, even though i can live without it. I find interesting the Warm/Neutral switch on this little beast. It's quite pricey but i think i could go there...

-Also very interesting price point (and hugely available here, even with Amazon Premium) is the Aune X1S 10th Anniversary. I would love this model to be enough because its my most easy option.

-And my last detour goes by the Matrix Audio M-Stage HPA-3U or U+ witch i believe they are similar except for the DAC section. And also its almost a clone of the Audeze Deckard amp/dac, so i think it can fit perfect with the LCD2s.

So please i ask you for your kind advice about my questions and any tip would be really valuable now that i'm starting my "game" with some serious (and heavy) Audeze cans.

Thank Y'ALL!:darthsmile:

Cheaper here
https://www.adorama.com/aulcd2latc.html?sdtid=10900559&emailprice=t

But you may want to check about warranty, especially since you are not in USA.

Jan 14, 2018 at 9:19 AM Post #11,529 of 13,140
Ok, so second day with LCD-2 and i couldn't get them to sit properly on my head.

So i found that the screws on each side that mounts the headphones to the adjustment rods where loose. Fixed this and now everything is good. Perfect fit and fuller sound. The bass is now more present.

Was like this /O\ but should be like this |O|..
Guess one should check if all screws are tight when these are bought used.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2018 at 5:53 AM Post #11,530 of 13,140
Hello guys and sorry for the offtopic but...

Im having a hard time trying to buy my LCD2s directly from Audeze website. Because im buying from Spain, but the headphones must be delivered in Tucson, AZ, their Riskified transaction filter rejected me two times which is kind of totally absurd because i tried to buy two times (one with Paypal and the other by directly by Visa payment). Their sales representative told me to buy to another reseller who doesnt have this strict filtering. So i came up to Audio Advice and i was wondering if you can recommend me this retailer. I really want my LCD2s to be the latest revision (with braided cable and updated drivers) and the best shipping support posible. As i said they should be delivered to Tucson AZ, to a person who stays in a Hotel. Thank you very much for reading.

Jan 31, 2018 at 7:10 AM Post #11,532 of 13,140
have had the LCD 2 for just over 2 years now.
the ear cups have started to peel and are coming off the driver housing.
how did you guys go about replacing them?
apologies have not had the time to go through the entire thread and have been off head-fi for quite some time now.

Jan 31, 2018 at 8:12 AM Post #11,533 of 13,140
have had the LCD 2 for just over 2 years now.
the ear cups have started to peel and are coming off the driver housing.
how did you guys go about replacing them?
apologies have not had the time to go through the entire thread and have been off head-fi for quite some time now.
Just 2 years you should still be under warranty if ear pads are covered. I would contact Audeze about it before messing with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back