Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Oct 7, 2017 at 11:04 AM Post #11,326 of 13,139
I don't think its the issue of volume level, it more an issue of sound signature. While I haven't tried a LCD-2 on a WA2 I did try it on a Elise and it made the LCD-2 sound like a mess with flabby bass and rolled of highs which to some is what they are looking for so in your case you might just like the warmer presentation of the LCD-2 paired with the WA2.
it is a little warmer but it does well to not get flabby as other low impedance headphones have done in the past that i tried (hence that's why i wonder why these keep it together - i guess 70 ohms isn't too low)

Oct 7, 2017 at 1:00 PM Post #11,327 of 13,139
it is a little warmer but it does well to not get flabby as other low impedance headphones have done in the past that i tried (hence that's why i wonder why these keep it together - i guess 70 ohms isn't too low)
70ohms is not that low but I think it might also be the tubes that you are using in the WA2. I don't know if the output impedance of the WA2 changes with different family power tubes like the BH Crack which I've been told can vary from 70-75 ohms to 120-150 ohms depending on the power tube used.

Oct 7, 2017 at 7:35 PM Post #11,329 of 13,139
Hey, Audeze announced the LCD-2C for $599 https://www.audeze.com/products/lcd-collection/lcd2c
and the LCD-M4X for $2995 https://www.audeze.com/products/lcd-collection/lcd-mx4

I'd like to try the new headband with the magnesium rings to see how different they feel from my LCD-X
Hmmm.....I don't know. I kind of like the sound signature of my LCD-2F. I'm not too sure if a darker sound than the 2F is going to work for me. However like you, I am interested in the perforated headband and the magnesium ear cups as well

Oct 8, 2017 at 3:13 AM Post #11,330 of 13,139
I agree don’t think I would like them any darker, I just purchased a new pair of LCD-2f was about to buy the carbon headband but would love the perforated one on the LCD-2C. I wonder if it will be available separate any time soon.

Oct 8, 2017 at 11:01 AM Post #11,331 of 13,139
I agree don’t think I would like them any darker, I just purchased a new pair of LCD-2f was about to buy the carbon headband but would love the perforated one on the LCD-2C. I wonder if it will be available separate any time soon.
I never really had a problem with the original headband on my 2F, but when I got my X, it came with the carbon headband. It's lighter and spreads out the weight of the headphones a bit more on top. Plus it looks very nice too. I'm debating whether or not to get it for my 2F

I agree. The perforated headband looks awesome

Oct 8, 2017 at 11:40 AM Post #11,332 of 13,139
I remember trying out the original LCD-2 at my local shop and loving the sound, I have a 2016 Fazor model, for $599 these seem like a great companion for it if they sound like the old LCD-2 but don't have the driver problems of earlier models. Hope to get a chance to try them out.
And that new headband is nice!

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2017 at 12:35 PM Post #11,333 of 13,139
If that new headband is cheaper than the carbon fiber one, and works with my LCD-2.2f, I think I'll try and acquire one.

Oct 9, 2017 at 6:56 PM Post #11,336 of 13,139
Just pulled the trigger on the LCD2, courtesy of Drumline1997. I've waited over 5 years to save up and find the right set. I also have the Monolith M1060, which has been my first venture into planar magnetics, and am genuinely interested to see how they compare. I've found several reviews where people compare the two, but never an in-depth one where both are compared side by side simultaneously. (correct me if there is such a review)

But again, after looking for 5 years, i hope it is well worth it. Fingers. Crossed.

Oct 9, 2017 at 7:17 PM Post #11,337 of 13,139
Just pulled the trigger on the LCD2, courtesy of Drumline1997. I've waited over 5 years to save up and find the right set. I also have the Monolith M1060, which has been my first venture into planar magnetics, and am genuinely interested to see how they compare. I've found several reviews where people compare the two, but never an in-depth one where both are compared side by side simultaneously. (correct me if there is such a review)

But again, after looking for 5 years, i hope it is well worth it. Fingers. Crossed.

Not to be an asshole, but just when the LCD-2C is around the corner I think you should have waited a bit to read some reviews or even test them before going for the LCD-2.
Anyway, the 2s are great and you are going to love them!

Oct 9, 2017 at 7:48 PM Post #11,338 of 13,139

I'm curious to read your findings.

I have my LCD-2 on right now, listening to Zeppelin's first album. It's a joyous experience!

Oct 9, 2017 at 9:51 PM Post #11,339 of 13,139

I hope you won't be disappointed. Please let us know how you like them and how they compare to the M1060. I am also curious

Oct 9, 2017 at 9:59 PM Post #11,340 of 13,139

Is your M1060 stock or modded?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back