Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Sep 29, 2016 at 12:45 PM Post #9,136 of 13,138
oooooh my bad
deadhorse.gif

Sep 29, 2016 at 6:30 PM Post #9,137 of 13,138
  oooooh my bad
deadhorse.gif

Not at all, every single person on head-fi I'm sure will weigh into the debate about cables or burn-in, you didn't do anything wrong. I understand why these topics are best avoided in the normal discussion threads. Most people are quite civil and able to keep the discussion in check; however, it is such a hot button issue for some that they quickly escalate the discussion into arguments that can get rather personal. I myself indulge in the discussion and each time I do I always tell myself not to fall into the trap out of respect for fellow members here who really don't want to get caught up in the discussion.

Sep 29, 2016 at 8:21 PM Post #9,138 of 13,138
Is it just me, or do these headphones just sound better on hot days? There was a heatwave in the SF bayarea and I couldn't stop listening to my LCD2's. Last night was cold, and so were the LCD2's.

Sep 29, 2016 at 8:45 PM Post #9,139 of 13,138
Is it just me, or do these headphones just sound better on hot days? There was a heatwave in the SF bayarea and I couldn't stop listening to my LCD2's. Last night was cold, and so were the LCD2's.

My many headphones can impress me to different degrees based on how I'm feeling that moment. And weather can certainly change how I'm feeling. :wink:

Sep 30, 2016 at 1:35 AM Post #9,140 of 13,138
Hi all, im going to get a pair and im curious the different of rev 2.2 pre-fazor and fazor. From what i've read ( sorry i cant read all pages of this forum) , i want to ask somethings i really concern :
How much more in detail of fazor than the pre? Is it easily to hear that ?
The "boomy" bass in fazor is dissapeared ? I mean does the fazor has less bass  (quality and quantity) than the pre? and Is it easily to realize that ?
Is the treb in fazor more sparkling ? And in the pre, because bass take control the others, treb is a bit "roll off" ? 

Sep 30, 2016 at 2:20 AM Post #9,141 of 13,138
As far as fazor vs non-fazor, in general I feel the fazor is bringing a major upgrade in imaging and clarity. 
 The fazor feature brings a huge improvement to the audio quality, but it completely changes the sonic character and many people still like pre-fazor models.
It comes down to this: soundstage vs warmth. The fazor makes the imaging more accurate and spacious but also flattens the response somewhat.

Oct 1, 2016 at 1:44 AM Post #9,142 of 13,138
  Hi all, im going to get a pair and im curious the different of rev 2.2 pre-fazor and fazor. From what i've read ( sorry i cant read all pages of this forum) , i want to ask somethings i really concern :
How much more in detail of fazor than the pre? Is it easily to hear that ?
The "boomy" bass in fazor is dissapeared ? I mean does the fazor has less bass  (quality and quantity) than the pre? and Is it easily to realize that ?
Is the treb in fazor more sparkling ? And in the pre, because bass take control the others, treb is a bit "roll off" ? 

The pre-fazor and fazor sound quite different to me, based on a 2014 Fazor, not the newest Nov-Dec 2015 version.
Fazor has better details and slightly better imaging to me
I wouldn't call pre-fazor bass as boomy but the Fazor has a different kind of bass, tighter and better defined while the bass of the pre-fazor is more prominent but less defined
I would say the treble in the Fazor has more sparkle but its also a bit more extended.

Oct 1, 2016 at 4:49 AM Post #9,143 of 13,138
  The pre-fazor and fazor sound quite different to me, based on a 2014 Fazor, not the newest Nov-Dec 2015 version.
Fazor has better details and slightly better imaging to me
I wouldn't call pre-fazor bass as boomy but the Fazor has a different kind of bass, tighter and better defined while the bass of the pre-fazor is more prominent but less defined
I would say the treble in the Fazor has more sparkle but its also a bit more extended.

Yeah it make me remembered my first headphone , ATH M50 ( not X), i havent ever heard something lots of bass in a higher level like that before so i keep used it in a long time.Then i realized i want the bass more tighter, more defined, the treb more sparkle. Yeah read till here may be you can guess Fazor is the right choice for me. But i;m still a basshead, not a heavy basshead but i priority  the bass first when i choose a headphone ( bass>treb>mid). I read many review and impression about lcd 2, and they almost said the bass in prefazor is beautiful, more impact than the fazor. I dont know if the different of bass between them is less or large :frowning2:
Sorry if this make you fell annoyed. I love lcd 2 in a long time ago ( 4 or 5 year, i guess) but without of budget i cannot take the one. Now i have a chance to buy one so i'm really really want to decide a right choose .

As far as fazor vs non-fazor, in general I feel the fazor is bringing a major upgrade in imaging and clarity. 
 The fazor feature brings a huge improvement to the audio quality, but it completely changes the sonic character and many people still like pre-fazor models.
It comes down to this: soundstage vs warmth. The fazor makes the imaging more accurate and

"major upgrade in imaging and clarity" yeah it make me feel hard when choose which one :frowning2: i'm waiting for the answer about the bass exactly and will make the decision :)

Oct 1, 2016 at 7:41 AM Post #9,144 of 13,138
qaminh, what is your listening level?
I would say if you like to listen loud, the pre-fazor will be better. Actually the pre fazor really shines when you crank up.
The fazor having more trebles, they will have a lower satisfying level but less engaging for me.
Regarding bass I wouldn't say the the fazor is tighter, the pre fazor just can't go as low as the pre fazor, giving the impression to be tighter.
LCD2 pre fazor has this perfect sub that made the audeze reputation, with the Fazor, i have the feeling that they lose a bit of this characteristic in favour of a more bright signature.
Also I don't find the pre fazor lacking details, they are not prominent but they are just where they should be. I like to hear the details, not listening to them.

Oct 1, 2016 at 9:29 AM Post #9,145 of 13,138
@qaminh, if bass is what you are after I would go for the TH-600, bass is extended and doesn't get muddy to me, the mids are a little recessed and the highs have a nice sparkle, a little too much sparkle for some but there are simple mods to tune the highs.

Oct 1, 2016 at 11:04 AM Post #9,146 of 13,138
For me bass from dynamic or planar are not on the same level in terms quality. The linearity, layered and distortion free bass you get from a good planar are unreachable by a dynamic HP. If it's a question of quantity and impact then you might think about dynamic.

Oct 1, 2016 at 11:49 AM Post #9,147 of 13,138
  qaminh, what is your listening level?
I would say if you like to listen loud, the pre-fazor will be better. Actually the pre fazor really shines when you crank up.
The fazor having more trebles, they will have a lower satisfying level but less engaging for me.
Regarding bass I wouldn't say the the fazor is tighter, the pre fazor just can't go as low as the pre fazor, giving the impression to be tighter.
LCD2 pre fazor has this perfect sub that made the audeze reputation, with the Fazor, i have the feeling that they lose a bit of this characteristic in favour of a more bright signature.
Also I don't find the pre fazor lacking details, they are not prominent but they are just where they should be. I like to hear the details, not listening to them.

Yeah i think i'm now at the quite good listening level, somewhere between the good and average but more near the good.. I understand your ideas and when i read again what you said, the fazor not upgrade than the pre much , right ? :D 
  @qaminh, if bass is what you are after I would go for the TH-600, bass is extended and doesn't get muddy to me, the mids are a little recessed and the highs have a nice sparkle, a little too much sparkle for some but there are simple mods to tune the highs.

Actually I really like the Audeze products.. The first time i saw LCD 2 i cant get out of their design out of my mind, and till now i'm still keep that memory.After I heard LCD XC at the offline show and feel the bass make me goosy that i never ever heard anybass like that before , I decide that i will get one of their product whenever i have a chance and budget.

Oct 1, 2016 at 11:49 AM Post #9,148 of 13,138
  For me bass from dynamic or planar are not on the same level in terms quality. The linearity, layered and distortion free bass you get from a good planar are unreachable by a dynamic HP. If it's a question of quantity and impact then you might think about dynamic.

I don't know if these differences are really that obvious, in terms of audible distortion. I had a brand new LCD2F and a new HD800S at the same time. I can't say that I hear any distortion in the bass through the 800S, well, unless it is in the material.

Oct 1, 2016 at 12:38 PM Post #9,149 of 13,138
  Yeah i think i'm now at the quite good listening level, somewhere between the good and average but more near the good.. I understand your ideas and when i read again what you said, the fazor not upgrade than the pre much , right ? :D 

Yep. I even prefer the lcd2.2 per fazor than the lcd3 fazor or the X (i don't even talk about the XC)..
  I don't know if these differences are really that obvious, in terms of audible distortion. I had a brand new LCD2F and a new HD800S at the same time. I can't say that I hear any distortion in the bass through the 800S, well, unless it is in the material.

You have bass on the 800 :wink:
Seriously, the LCD2 goes far lower and with less distortion than the 800. You get more than 1% for the 800 where the lcd is below 0.1%. The THD+Noise % is even better at 100dB than 90dB on the LCD..

Oct 1, 2016 at 12:52 PM Post #9,150 of 13,138
HD800S has more bass than 800.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back