Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Aug 12, 2016 at 12:11 AM Post #8,896 of 13,139
  I've had my 2011 LCD-2s for I guess half a year now. I like the bass very much for the presence and sense of scale it gives. I do continually find myself wishing if only I could only it up a bit, have some more airiness...to which end I upgraded the cables to Forza Claire hybrid copper and silver and got a far better dac to amp interconnect. Those have both worked in that regard up to a point. To go a further price point and go up to an LCD-3 might 'work' but then I think I lose sight of the 'horses for courses' rule of thumb ie what do I  listen to, what is the experience with a big amp and speakers i want to have a sense of, what if it goes pear-shaped and i find it bright and unlistenable? ( I sure as shoot am not not going back to vinyl, too expensive, too hard to find suff)

TB Isone V3 sound-stage sculpting plug-in.
As long as you can plug-in VST or AU filters.

Aug 13, 2016 at 1:13 AM Post #8,897 of 13,139
Can someone tell me how to tell the difference between 2.2 fazor and non-fazor version? I bought one used because the listing said it was 2.2 non-fazor version but I have a feeling this is a fazor version..

Aug 13, 2016 at 1:41 AM Post #8,898 of 13,139
Can someone tell me how to tell the difference between 2.2 fazor and non-fazor version? I bought one used because the listing said it was 2.2 non-fazor version but I have a feeling this is a fazor version..

The fazor should have a more balanced sound I believe, but if it came with the audeze official authentication card, you should be able to use that to find out.

Aug 13, 2016 at 2:22 AM Post #8,899 of 13,139

If you feel inside the ear pads you will able to feel the fazor ridges under the black grill cloth if its a fazor model.

Aug 13, 2016 at 2:29 AM Post #8,900 of 13,139
Yep, it's a fazor version. I swear some of these listers do not even know what their product is, or flat out lying to sell. Is there much difference between the 2? I like warmer musical sound (my preference). I'd rather just keep it then go through the hassle of contacting seller, paypal, shipping etc..

Aug 13, 2016 at 2:45 AM Post #8,901 of 13,139
Yep, it's a fazor version. I swear some of these listers do not even know what their product is, or flat out lying to sell. Is there much difference between the 2? I like warmer musical sound (my preference). I'd rather just keep it then go through the hassle of contacting seller, paypal, shipping etc..

If you like the warmer sound signature then it might be worth your time to get a 2.2, but after listening to both a while ago I like the fazor version better for most of the music that I listen to.  The other thing is since I have done a lot of mods on my old HE-400 its better than the 2.2 IMO and its a touch lighter

Aug 15, 2016 at 10:41 AM Post #8,902 of 13,139

Quote:

And it's spiky. Flatter ridges are the non-fazor.

Aug 15, 2016 at 10:00 PM Post #8,903 of 13,139

Haha I had no idea you could tell just by feeling it. I had this impression that it was something small that I'd need to get a close look at to see.

Aug 16, 2016 at 8:08 AM Post #8,904 of 13,139
Haha I had no idea you could tell just by feeling it. I had this impression that it was something small that I'd need to get a close look at to see.

Nope. It's quite big, and easily felt. :)

Aug 16, 2016 at 8:10 AM Post #8,905 of 13,139
The LCD-2's cost 1600 usd in norway + shipping.
And now i got an offer on used ones.
Not even 2 months old for rougly 1000usd.

So i said yes! I am getting LCD-2's next month!

Aug 16, 2016 at 8:17 AM Post #8,906 of 13,139
The LCD-2's cost 1600 usd in norway + shipping.
And now i got an offer on used ones.
Not even 2 months old for rougly 1000usd.

So i said yes! I am getting LCD-2's next month!

Refer to my post there is still an active deal for $699usd from an authorised dealer if you want the link. They are the latest lcd-2 Fazer edition as well mine were 05/2016

Aug 16, 2016 at 8:19 AM Post #8,907 of 13,139
My impressions of the lcd2 aren't amazing as of yet. Did so much research I was expecting to be blown away. Don't get me wrong they are better than other headphones I have just not that much amazingly better. Perhaps I should get a better amp. Using a mstage hpa-2 at present

Aug 16, 2016 at 8:29 AM Post #8,908 of 13,139
Code:
[color=rgb(33, 33, 33)] I purchased my LCD2 a year ago ( Fazor version) at first the sound was " tricky " but then using it has changed a lot and now I am very satisfied of the sound stage bass but never annoying ... we say that coupled with a great amp does much the difference ..[/color]

Aug 16, 2016 at 11:30 AM Post #8,909 of 13,139
Yes I love my LCD2.2. Not harsh, just natural. And the the bass is just perfect till down.
If you want it more in your face, just crank it up.
I wouldn't swap it even for a LCD4. I didn't hear it but when you are in love you don't want to try something else :)

Aug 18, 2016 at 1:16 AM Post #8,910 of 13,139
So, more on the recent driver replacement I had two weeks ago. With more listening, and Burn in, I have reached the following conclusions about the revised drivers. YMMV:

1. The sound is no less smooth, but just a lot more detailed. I hear no grain in the sound, especially in the treble department.
  2. These drivers are definitely faster than my previous pair. I thought the more detailed sound was due to a slightly elevated treble, but the treble itself is not only a bit more prominent, but much smoother and more detailed (extended?)
  3. The bass is very very tight, and goes all the way down, no joke. It is never bloated, and neither lacking in any track I play...Reference is what I like to call it.
  4. All in all the pair I have is a very welcome improvement in ALL departments. Same nicely grounded Audeze sound but just lifted in every aspect, be it soundstage, air, imaging, detail, what have you.

beerchug.gif

The only issue I can forsee is if you are very very sensitive to treble, but mind you it is still really good here and never sibilant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back