Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Sep 10, 2014 at 10:58 PM Post #4,006 of 13,139
Anyone ever get a driver replaced with their LCD-2?  How was the cost/turnaround time?  Thanks guys.

Sep 11, 2014 at 12:42 AM Post #4,007 of 13,139
  Anyone ever get a driver replaced with their LCD-2?  How was the cost/turnaround time?  Thanks guys.

I see you have an R1 same as me...would you not need both of them replaced as I guess R1 is obsolete ? I was wondering the same thing as I attempt driver transplants into new cups soon.

Sep 11, 2014 at 8:14 AM Post #4,009 of 13,139
Heard the lyr 1 good match + the advantage of tube rolling, you can adjust the sound to your liking ( aux petits oignons !!)
I read lots of good comments on Lyr 2 + Amperex Orange Globes tubes

Sep 11, 2014 at 5:53 PM Post #4,012 of 13,139
I don't want to be the negative one here, but it looks like the tab that attaches the yoke to the rods is bent up on the right side (picture left) compared to the other side - or the left side is bent down. I'm not sure if this causes any discomfort for you but you should know that this is not the standard angle. They should be somewhat even out of the box.

See below

Yes, I have a large-ish head

Edit: My XC's are the same as my LCD-2.

It does seem like something is up either with the tab on one of the ear cups, or the headband has its bend in the wrong place? I'm sort of suprised that this made it through the inspection. Everything was factory sealed though so I know it wasn't tampered with. 

I decided to try them out and it does seem like the headband being so far off is affecting the fit. They sort of look / feel a bit lopsided on the head, and the seal on the cups seems a little bit off due to this. 
triportsad.gif

The good news is that I really like the sound signature. Reminds me a bit of the HD650, but with more slam / texture? I defiantly would need more time with them to say more; just really busy lately. 

Thank you x RELIC x for the picture and information. Looks like I'll have to contact either Headroom or Audeze. For some reason Headroom hasn't had any Audeze headphones listed on their site since the Labor day sale. I'm worried that a replacement through them might not be possible. I guess I'll find out after I email them. 
frown.gif

Sep 11, 2014 at 6:11 PM Post #4,013 of 13,139

It does seem like something is up either with the tab on one of the ear cups, or the headband has its bend in the wrong place? I'm sort of suprised that this made it through the inspection. Everything was factory sealed though so I know it wasn't tampered with. 

I decided to try them out and it does seem like the headband being so far off is affecting the fit. They sort of look / feel a bit lopsided on the head, and the seal on the cups seems a little bit off due to this. 
triportsad.gif

The good news is that I really like the sound signature. Reminds me a bit of the HD650, but with more slam / texture? I defiantly would need more time with them to say more; just really busy lately. 

Thank you x RELIC x for the picture and information. Looks like I'll have to contact either Headroom or Audeze. For some reason Headroom hasn't had any Audeze headphones listed on their site since the Labor day sale. I'm worried that a replacement through them might not be possible. I guess I'll find out after I email them. 
frown.gif

I had one of the yolks bent out of the box as well, but only a tiny bit, nowhere to the extent those are.
I emailed Audeze and asked if I needed to send them in or bend them back myself and they never responded. So I carefully and meticulously bent it back into position, and it's been fine for a month. 

Yesterday I took them off my head and noticed where the bend was in the metal, the paint is now peeling off. (Some $1000 headphone eh?) They're literally only like 2-3 months old, I got them in July..  I could understand wear and tear if it was a year from now or longer, but come on..

I emailed Audeze again and told them about how everything is going, hopefully they'll actually email me back this time.

Sep 11, 2014 at 7:33 PM Post #4,014 of 13,139

I had one of the yolks bent out of the box as well, but only a tiny bit, nowhere to the extent those are.
I emailed Audeze and asked if I needed to send them in or bend them back myself and they never responded. So I carefully and meticulously bent it back into position, and it's been fine for a month. 

Yesterday I took them off my head and noticed where the bend was in the metal, the paint is now peeling off. (Some $1000 headphone eh?) They're literally only like 2-3 months old, I got them in July..  I could understand wear and tear if it was a year from now or longer, but come on..

I emailed Audeze again and told them about how everything is going, hopefully they'll actually email me back this time.

Wow that's not good at all! 

Hopefully Audeze makes it right. As you stated these headphones aren't exactly cheap, and they should be fixing manufacturing issues. 

I've sent an email to Headroom to see what they want to / can do for this issue. Hopefully they'll be able to do something to fix / swap / repair the headband. I got these on the Labor Day sale so it would be disappointing to have to return them and lose the sale price. 
frown.gif

Sep 11, 2014 at 8:25 PM Post #4,015 of 13,139
Wow that's not good at all! 

Hopefully Audeze makes it right. As you stated these headphones aren't exactly cheap, and they should be fixing manufacturing issues. 

I've sent an email to Headroom to see what they want to / can do for this issue. Hopefully they'll be able to do something to fix / swap / repair the headband. I got these on the Labor Day sale so it would be disappointing to have to return them and lose the sale price. :frowning2:

If Headroom doesn't make it right then Audeze should. I'd suggest you send the pic to Audeze as well to see what they say at the same time. Breaking a seal on one earcup isn't cool. Good luck, and keep us updated.

Sep 12, 2014 at 2:56 PM Post #4,016 of 13,139
Mine aren't lopsided but I find it near impossible to be comfortable with these on your head laying down.  Compared to the K70x and HD600s, I found myself trying to adjust them every couple minutes because it didn't feel like they were ever on my head correctly.

Sep 12, 2014 at 10:30 PM Post #4,017 of 13,139
Hey all,

I'm new to head-fi and decided to jump in with a pair of these. I went to my local hifi shop and they had a bunch of headphones, and I ended up walking away with a pair of LCD-2s.

I love them. They sound excellent - I think what I like most is the rich midrange and the extended, visceral bass. They are also extremely pleasing to listen to with a somewhat relaxed but still clearly emotional presentation. They are pretty much exactly what I was looking for sonically, and also aesthetically (when you spend a grand on headphones I think it's only fair they look pretty too!)

I'm currently running mine through my vintage Sansui AU-555a (the headphone jack uses the amplifier section) with my iPod or iPhone. Not ideal but y'know what, it sounds great! I plan to upgrade the source and eventually the amp but I am very happy as is.

Oh and, I snagged the Rosewood version. I was supposed to get the Bamboo but he had none in stock and sold me the Rosewood for the same price. I love the way they look over the Bamboo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 12, 2014 at 10:47 PM Post #4,018 of 13,139
That was pretty cool getting the Rosewood in a price match...

Anyone know if when you buy new earpads, if the plastic rings are included that keep the pads stretched out ? There is a plastic ring under the rim of the pads I have peeled off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back