Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Jul 29, 2014 at 4:21 PM Post #3,616 of 13,132
  I apologize in advance if this has been posted before but how does the LCD-2s pair with the AK 120 and Fiio X3?
I'm thinking of getting some LCD-2s thus any feedback would really be appreciated. 

Thanking you in advance!

fiio x3 can't power the audeze, no way on earth can it do it justice stir away even thinking about pairing the audeze with x3 or even with fiio x5

Jul 29, 2014 at 4:22 PM Post #3,617 of 13,132
   compared to the poor bass quality and quantity of audeze

jfyi, he means "compared to the poor bass quality and quantity of hugo's performance 'powering' the audeze"
wink_face.gif

Jul 29, 2014 at 6:14 PM Post #3,618 of 13,132

Just got Fazor 2, I had owned older LCD-2 rev.2 and sold it because it was little bit too warm for me.
Now 2F sounds Just amazing. Audeze kept their signature presentation through all the fr reign and added extra sparkle on high~

My 2F's FR Looks like Early LCD-2 with added treble and extension

Jul 29, 2014 at 8:33 PM Post #3,619 of 13,132

Just got Fazor 2, I had owned older LCD-2 rev.2 and sold it because it was little bit too warm for me.
Now 2F sounds Just amazing. Audeze kept their signature presentation through all the fr reign and added extra sparkle on high~

Congrats. It's a great headphone. When I first bought them, I found the imaging on my pair to be a bit "hazy" and lacking in precision, but they've improved tremendously as I've put hours on them. As they sit now, they're excellent. Although the width of the soundstage is smaller than my HD800, I don't really find the imaging/staging to be any less precise in terms of placement and layering (which is saying something). I'm a total fan of the Fazor!  

Jul 31, 2014 at 11:45 PM Post #3,620 of 13,132

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nd1oXOcbLpE

The way it sounds on the LCD-2s is quite a treat, indeed. I'm in a great place with these headphones. :)

Edit again: I just listened to Sail by AWOLNATION. Wow. I can't quit these headphones. I don't think I should like anything as much as I like these.

ohhhh that song is pants-creaming good. damn thanks for that! what a performance on the LCDs :) 

Jul 31, 2014 at 11:54 PM Post #3,621 of 13,132
  I apologize in advance if this has been posted before but how does the LCD-2s pair with the AK 120 and Fiio X3?
I'm thinking of getting some LCD-2s thus any feedback would really be appreciated. 

Thanking you in advance!

It will get pretty loud, and will have a very listenable volume on the FiiO X3. Better to get a proper amp for them if you want headroom and best performance. It won't sound horrible though and you will be able to tell is a high end headphone. 

Aug 1, 2014 at 12:03 AM Post #3,622 of 13,132
I can totally relate to your falling in love w the audeze sound!! It's so beautiful man.

They're basically my girlfriend, and I haven't gotten lucky in a loooong time because it's so easy to stay at home and listen to music instead of chase girls :) 

For instance, since having bought them 8 months ago, I'm still reading these forums with no consumer purpose, not trying to learn what equipment to buy for them. So what the screw am I doing? ----> the reason is:

I have to reach out and connect with people about the amazing audeze experience, for it is really quite amazing and I have no-one else to talk to about it (should really let my friends use them more).

I feel so connected to the music, man. 

Aug 1, 2014 at 1:20 AM Post #3,623 of 13,132
  Sorry if this is the wrong thread (I have seen two LCD-2 threads) but I recently got these and have been adjusting to them. My goodness are they comfortable! I've got a decently large head but the weight fits perfectly on my melon. The sound is great, too, but the way they fit is an entirely different beast. I loved the way my HE-400s sounded and fit but the LCD-2 are a step beyond in every aspect.

I can understand how they'd be overwhelming to a typical person but I absolutely love the fit and feel. And the smell is second to none. Good God!

Edit: Goodness gracious. I think I have achieved headphone nirvana. I plugged them in to my laptop and they put a smile on my face. My modest Magni + Modi rig is really doing it for me. I'd really like to grab a Schiit Lyr but the Magni is really doing it for me right now.

They go great with the Lyr and I was close to getting my own Lyr, until I tried the ALO PanAm. The LCD-2's paired with the PanAm is magical.

I think you can still get the PanAm and Passport (battery power) for a little more than the Lyr by itself. The PanAm has a DAC in it, too, which is just icing on that sumptuous sounding cake. I'm not sure how long the ALO sale will continue, since they are out of the black color and are seem to be running out of tubes as well. If you're considering a $500 amp to go with the 2's, you may want to grab it while you can. I wholeheartedly recommend the PanAm.

I was listening to Kenny Burrell and his jazz guitar today, Midnight Blue specifically. My jaw started hurting and mouth began salivating like I was tasting the richest, sweetest flavor. I was having a physical reaction to the sound of the LCD-2.2 and PanAm.

Aug 1, 2014 at 2:45 AM Post #3,625 of 13,132
They go great with the Lyr and I was close to getting my own Lyr, until I tried the ALO PanAm. The LCD-2's paired with the PanAm is magical.

I think you can still get the PanAm and Passport (battery power) for a little more than the Lyr by itself. The PanAm has a DAC in it, too, which is just icing on that sumptuous sounding cake. I'm not sure how long the ALO sale will continue, since they are out of the black color and are seem to be running out of tubes as well. If you're considering a $500 amp to go with the 2's, you may want to grab it while you can. I wholeheartedly recommend the PanAm.

I was listening to Kenny Burrell and his jazz guitar today, Midnight Blue specifically. My jaw started hurting and mouth began salivating like I was tasting the richest, sweetest flavor. I was having a physical reaction to the sound of the LCD-2.2 and PanAm.

I inquired about the dwindling stock and the Pan Am is indeed on the way out! Grab yours while they still have some. It pairs GREAT with the LCD-2!!

From ALO:

"Thank you for your e-mail.

We are phasing out the PanAm, therefore we will not be restocking the PanAm in any colors.

New development for products are always in the works, however a PanAm replacement is not in the immediate future.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Please let us know if you have any other questions and we'd gladly help.

Best regards, "

Sad day when there are no more Pan Am's for sale.

Aug 3, 2014 at 10:10 PM Post #3,627 of 13,132
So my left cup went out a couple of months ago and Audeze replaced it. I was thrilled when they gave me the Fazor upgrade for free. However, the upgraded Fazor drives inside press against my ears. I wasn't sure if that is supposed to happen but I thought nothing of it. I feel the sound is better overall but I lost a little bass. I no longer have the rumble goodness that would be present on some songs. I was still happy that they fixed my headphones and gave me the upgrade for free. 

Just tonight my left ear cup again is starting to go out. When I position my ear in a certain way inside of the cup the sound comes back on. Something is obviously loose. I baby the hell out of these headphones. They never leave my room and when I am not here they are resting in their case. I don't let anyone else wear them and I only wear them when I am upright in my computer chair. The only thing I can think of is the fact my ear presses against the Fazor on the left side more than my right side. I am not sure why that is the case but it seems to be so. It could be I don't feel it as much on my right ear's side.

I absolutely love the sound of these headphones but I don't know what else I can do to baby them. I've had them since October 2013 and this will be the second time bringing them in for repairs. I think I might be looking at another pair after they come back for repairs. I don't really want to but the build quality isn't the best or I am just very unlucky. Do any other Fazor users feel their ears pressing against the drivers? I might just have some big ears.

Aug 4, 2014 at 1:50 AM Post #3,628 of 13,132
Only if I squish them onto my face... sorry about the driver troubles!

Aug 7, 2014 at 2:41 PM Post #3,630 of 13,132
My left drivers just died the other day, mailed Audeze twice in the past two weeks and got no response. 
Might as well get the Fazor upgrades, Audeze charges $250 for them? 
Oh and do you guys think V200 is a big upgrade from the Hifi-M8?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back