Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Jul 28, 2014 at 5:14 PM Post #3,601 of 13,134
  believe it or not my cheap sms by 50 cent sounds so much better with hugo than the audeze lcd2 rev2, i really hate how audeze sound with hugo

as for iem i have shure se 846 and sounds great with the hugo

OT I know, but I thought SE846s hissed with the Hugo?

Jul 28, 2014 at 10:28 PM Post #3,602 of 13,134
I apologize in advance if this has been posted before but how does the LCD-2s pair with the AK 120 and Fiio X3?
I'm thinking of getting some LCD-2s thus any feedback would really be appreciated. 

Thanking you in advance!

Jul 29, 2014 at 12:19 AM Post #3,603 of 13,134
I apologize in advance if this has been posted before but how does the LCD-2s pair with the AK 120 and Fiio X3?
I'm thinking of getting some LCD-2s thus any feedback would really be appreciated. 

Thanking you in advance!

I had the X3 and really liked the hardware bass and treble controls. LCD-2 sounded good with the X3 on high gain, but I preferred using line out to the e12 for more power and dynamics.

Haven't tried the AK120 with them.

Jul 29, 2014 at 1:51 AM Post #3,604 of 13,134
Does anyone have the suede and leather pads?  My ears sometimes get really warm with the leather, I want to try the suede, but I just wanted to see if anyone had the suede and liked it before I ordered.

Are the pads as squishy as the leather, and does it change the sonic characteristics at all?

Jul 29, 2014 at 4:03 AM Post #3,605 of 13,134
Sorry if this is the wrong thread (I have seen two LCD-2 threads) but I recently got these and have been adjusting to them. My goodness are they comfortable! I've got a decently large head but the weight fits perfectly on my melon. The sound is great, too, but the way they fit is an entirely different beast. I loved the way my HE-400s sounded and fit but the LCD-2 are a step beyond in every aspect.

I can understand how they'd be overwhelming to a typical person but I absolutely love the fit and feel. And the smell is second to none. Good God!

Edit: Goodness gracious. I think I have achieved headphone nirvana. I plugged them in to my laptop and they put a smile on my face. My modest Magni + Modi rig is really doing it for me. I'd really like to grab a Schiit Lyr but the Magni is really doing it for me right now.

Jul 29, 2014 at 4:35 AM Post #3,606 of 13,134
  Sorry if this is the wrong thread (I have seen two LCD-2 threads) but I recently got these and have been adjusting to them. My goodness are they comfortable! I've got a decently large head but the weight fits perfectly on my melon. The sound is great, too, but the way they fit is an entirely different beast. I loved the way my HE-400s sounded and fit but the LCD-2 are a step beyond in every aspect.

I can understand how they'd be overwhelming to a typical person but I absolutely love the fit and feel. And the smell is second to none. Good God!

Edit: Goodness gracious. I think I have achieved headphone nirvana. I plugged them in to my laptop and they put a smile on my face. My modest Magni + Modi rig is really doing it for me. I'd really like to grab a Schiit Lyr but the Magni is really doing it for me right now.

Glad you're enjoying them, LKS!

Sounds like your initial experiences with them are similar to mine and the good news is that from my perspective they continue to shine even after the honeymoon period and especially as you upgrade your DAC and amp (not knocking your current combo though which is one of the great bang-for-buck options around)

Jul 29, 2014 at 5:10 AM Post #3,607 of 13,134

Glad you're enjoying them, LKS!

Sounds like your initial experiences with them are similar to mine and the good news is that from my perspective they continue to shine even after the honeymoon period and especially as you upgrade your DAC and amp (not knocking your current combo though which is one of the great bang-for-buck options around)

I'm glad to hear that they offer a lasting appeal. I'm on an Isley Brothers binge right now and I am really loving what I'm hearing. :)

The Magni + Modi is pretty great with the LCD-2s. It certainly is an awesome rig for most situations (my HE-400s respond well to this setup). I'm actually quite impressed with how it sounds with a $1000 pair of headphones. I'm definitely excited to upgrade the amp and DAC but they sound so good off of this that I'm not in any hurry to make any switches. It will at least make it easier to put any upgrades off until I can afford the Lyr 2 and Bifrost combo. I'm not set on those but they're my current pieces of interest.

Do you (or anybody reading this, for that matter) have any particular recommendations for an amp and DAC combo? I'd like to preserve or enhance the bass response, if that makes any difference.

Regardless of my possible future rig, I'm really loving these headphones with the Magni and Modi. The LCD-2s are every bit as good as I was expecting!

Edit:

This is one of my favorite songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nd1oXOcbLpE

The way it sounds on the LCD-2s is quite a treat, indeed. I'm in a great place with these headphones. :)

Edit again: I just listened to Sail by AWOLNATION. Wow. I can't quit these headphones. I don't think I should like anything as much as I like these.

Jul 29, 2014 at 6:23 AM Post #3,608 of 13,134
I've just put some LCD3 pads on my early 2013 LCD2's. I like the squishy pillow like feeling a bit more, also the midrange seems to have had a small bump up compared to the bass - not sure if just because of the fit on my head. Either way I love these pads.

I might be soon pulling the trigger on a pair of LCD-XC, I always prefer closed cans when I can to block out my 2 "tenant/guest roommates". I will be soon trying to sell off some of my unneeded stuff.

Jul 29, 2014 at 6:38 AM Post #3,609 of 13,134

I'm glad to hear that they offer a lasting appeal. I'm on an Isley Brothers binge right now and I am really loving what I'm hearing. :)

The Magni + Modi is pretty great with the LCD-2s. It certainly is an awesome rig for most situations (my HE-400s respond well to this setup). I'm actually quite impressed with how it sounds with a $1000 pair of headphones. I'm definitely excited to upgrade the amp and DAC but they sound so good off of this that I'm not in any hurry to make any switches. It will at least make it easier to put any upgrades off until I can afford the Lyr 2 and Bifrost combo. I'm not set on those but they're my current pieces of interest.

Do you (or anybody reading this, for that matter) have any particular recommendations for an amp and DAC combo? I'd like to preserve or enhance the bass response, if that makes any difference.

Regardless of my possible future rig, I'm really loving these headphones with the Magni and Modi. The LCD-2s are every bit as good as I was expecting!

Edit:

This is one of my favorite songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nd1oXOcbLpE

The way it sounds on the LCD-2s is quite a treat, indeed. I'm in a great place with these headphones. :)

Edit again: I just listened to Sail by AWOLNATION. Wow. I can't quit these headphones. I don't think I should like anything as much as I like these.

I really like the Bottlehead S.E.X. with my LCD 2s because the amp itself has a great sense of space and layering in its presentation that I think helps the LCD-2s to sound more spacious and layered. I know a lot of others have different amps that they're equally happy with so there's no shortage!

beerchug.gif

Jul 29, 2014 at 7:20 AM Post #3,610 of 13,134

I really like the Bottlehead S.E.X. with my LCD 2s because the amp itself has a great sense of space and layering in its presentation that I think helps the LCD-2s to sound more spacious and layered. I know a lot of others have different amps that they're equally happy with so there's no shortage!

beerchug.gif

Awesome! I'll take it under consideration. :)

A lot of what I've read has been that that LCD-2 sound stage is a bit weaker than some of the contenders but I'm actually quite pleased with it. I'm listening to Cat Stevens' Father and Son and I'm enjoying the width of the sound stage. There are some songs that sound a bit tighter but, overall, I'm impressed by the stereo width.

Jul 29, 2014 at 7:21 AM Post #3,611 of 13,134

Yep, spot on. The build on LCD-2 is just excellent and look better than the HE-x00 line for sure..cannot wait to get balanced cables as I'm running a basic set-up just now.

Jul 29, 2014 at 4:11 PM Post #3,614 of 13,134
there are fazors in the classifieds, at a great price too
wink_face.gif
, there is a search function, ya know
cool.gif
just pm them

i'm waiting for the postman with my new lcd2 fazor panda leather edition, after all the flagships i tried, the lcd2 (early rev. 2 at the time) remained my favorite, so i decided to get the new fazor! run postman run!

Jul 29, 2014 at 4:17 PM Post #3,615 of 13,134

as for iem i have shure se 846 and sounds great with the hugo  

How would you compare the Shure's bass to the Audezes?

wow the shure iem is really amazing full rich rich bass and the vocals are amazing, but u have to remember never ever will an iem give you the feeling like you listen to full headphones, but the bass is very great compared to the poor bass quality and quantity of audeze, believe me I don't care about pleasing people I give to you as is. Shure 846 with hugo is amazing and I now only listen to hugo with my shure I don't know how shure does achieve this amazing sound with that iem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back