Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
May 17, 2014 at 6:20 PM Post #3,151 of 13,134
it's the same as having a stereo speaker system, i guess the fact there is only one connector for both channels' output (trs, 4-pin xlt), is a little confusing

it's 50 Ohms per channel, L and R, so there are actually two mono amplifiers, inside each stereo amplifier, driving each one of the L and R channel

with the old lcd2 each mono amplifier drives a 50 Ohm load

if you are asking because of some amp power output specs you saw than it's a little more complicated than that

May 17, 2014 at 7:24 PM Post #3,152 of 13,134
  Wow. That's awesome. How are you finding the fazor upgrade?

After about 5-6 hours, I can hear more soundstage, a somewhat more neutral sound, and pretty much the same everything else. The warm mids are somewhat gone in favor of a more neutral sound. Also, they are little less bassy than before but its not that noticeable unless I play a song like Koan Sound - Wide Open. The rumble that was in that song is there but just not as much as before. I am not sure what they raised the impedance to but they are easier to drive now. I was testing them out with my E17 and I could barely hear any differences using my O2. 

May 17, 2014 at 8:01 PM Post #3,153 of 13,134
  After about 5-6 hours, I can hear more soundstage, a somewhat more neutral sound, and pretty much the same everything else. The warm mids are somewhat gone in favor of a more neutral sound. Also, they are little less bassy than before but its not that noticeable unless I play a song like Koan Sound - Wide Open. The rumble that was in that song is there but just not as much as before. I am not sure what they raised the impedance to but they are easier to drive now. I was testing them out with my E17 and I could barely hear any differences using my O2. 

but how was ur dragon dildo upgrade? LOL

May 17, 2014 at 8:44 PM Post #3,154 of 13,134
it's the same as having a stereo speaker system, i guess the fact there is only one connector for both channels' output (trs, 4-pin xlt), is a little confusing

it's 50 Ohms per channel, L and R, so there are actually two mono amplifiers, inside each stereo amplifier, driving each one of the L and R channel

with the old lcd2 each mono amplifier drives a 50 Ohm load

if you are asking because of some amp power output specs you saw than it's a little more complicated than that

Yeah I'm my amp puts out 14 watts per channel at 8 ohms so I'm just trying to approximate how much power it could put out with the LCD2.

May 18, 2014 at 12:19 AM Post #3,157 of 13,134
  Thanks!

If Magni Pairs well with LCD2, then definitely O2/ODAC will also synergize well
smily_headphones1.gif

Do LCD2 really benefit when they go balanced? There is noticeable difference?

May 18, 2014 at 1:42 AM Post #3,159 of 13,134
Any of you guys tried your LCD-2 off a decently designed/built gainclone amp...LM3875 etc ? I think they run around 6 watts total.

Also, would 22 AWG x 4-strand be too thick for LCD-2s mini-XLR ports or just too thick in general for flexibility ?
I've never held 22AWG and it is difficult to estimate its thickness off of isolated DIY cable product photos.

May 18, 2014 at 10:58 AM Post #3,160 of 13,134
  Thanks guys for your help,

I am ordering LCD2 Fazor Bamboo - Microsuede pads

Is it okay? or should go with leather pads?

Also, should I order balanced cable? LCD2 really benefit from going balanced?

My Target amp is AGD- NFB 28 If balanced.

Single End its NFB 11.

Thanks!

I have that exact pair.  I'm in Atlanta Georgia USA, a relatively hot climate for several months a year.  I went with the microsuede to have them hopefully be cooler.  I can say so far they are much cooler than the leather pads I've had on other cans in the past (Denon's).  At the last 2 meets I attended, everyone who tried them on found then quite comfortable, and several other LCD owners commented that they found them more comfortable than their own leather.  

May 19, 2014 at 3:03 PM Post #3,163 of 13,134
LCD-2.2f

May 19, 2014 at 9:05 PM Post #3,164 of 13,134
  Any of you guys tried your LCD-2 off a decently designed/built gainclone amp...LM3875 etc ? I think they run around 6 watts total.

Also, would 22 AWG x 4-strand be too thick for LCD-2s mini-XLR ports or just too thick in general for flexibility ?
I've never held 22AWG and it is difficult to estimate its thickness off of isolated DIY cable product photos.

May 19, 2014 at 10:14 PM Post #3,165 of 13,134

Anything over 1 watt should be sufficient. Just my 2 cents but ortho's do not benefit from different cables, no feedback. 

My expierence is the stronger the amp, the better for the Ortho's. If you are barely pushing 1 watt, then that is not good enough. I'm not even sure that my Asgard 2 can power the LCD-2's when I'm getting them. 

Cable's are a different thing that I haven't done enough testing with. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back