Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Oct 31, 2017 at 12:00 AM Post #11,389 of 13,134
Oct 31, 2017 at 8:33 AM Post #11,390 of 13,134
At least you gave them a week, my GF gave them 30 seconds and yanked them off with a whole bunch of !@#$%^&

My most comfortable headphones are the Sennheiser HD 700's followed closely by my Beyerdynamic T90's, DT 770's, DT 880's and DT 990's.
With that being said I personally don't have an issue with my LCD 2F's or their heavier big brother the LCD X's. I can wear them for hours without feeling, man I have to get these off. Do I have other cans that are more comfortable, of course. But I also have cans that I can only tolerate for an hour max.

Oct 31, 2017 at 1:51 PM Post #11,391 of 13,134
I have the new braided cable it’s quite nice so was hoping to keep it and just cut cable towards the end and put a balanced adapter so I can switch between 3.5,2.5 and Xlr so I can use my mojo single ended and Astell & Kern Kann balanced.

If anyone knows a good tutorial to follow it would be great.

Thanks

Nov 1, 2017 at 1:48 AM Post #11,392 of 13,134
Yep, @PETEREK cable stuff is well-made.

Mhm, I've got many @PETEREK built cables and his build quality is TOP notch and his prices are excellent.

Speaking in terms of how a Cable can change things, I was fortunate to get a superlatively built custom OCC cable with my this LCD 2.2, an compared to my other OCC and OFC Cables it's got noticeable better imaging and resolve than the other two. My seller contributes that to how it's braided and shielded in addition to the Cryo treatments on this connectors... all that fancy jargon aside though, I really do prefer this cable just with the LCD 2.2 I have... the OCC Cable I have for my Eikon sounds MUCH thinner and less resolving than this one, but when I pair this cable with my Eikon... I don't get the same benefits... the heavier sound and sharper imaging turn into too much weight, a loss of tactility and cohesiveness with the Eikon... go figure right?

Non the less, in most cases I've found that OFC Cables have a heavier sound and OCC Cables are quicker on their feet. That said I LOVE how my ZMF OFC Cable pairs with my HE 4! That extra weight goes a LONG way to help balanced out an already FAST LIGHT sounding headphone, where as I prefer the lighter sharper sound of my BTG OCC Cable with my Eikon...

Cable musings aside, I'm really enjoying these... so much that I felt the need to get an HD 800... as my HE 4 doesn't really compare to these LCD2's in terms of resolve. That said, while I like both the brighter more energetic sound of the HE 4, I can't listen to it without noticing... the lack of resolve in comparison to the LCD 2.2. Hopefully the HD 800 will make a better compliment to the LCD 2 than my HE 4 is/has

Non the less, I'm listening to a lot of my post rock from my High School days and I'm amazed at how much NEW detail I'm hearing! The LCD 2 is netting me quite a LOT of Ahhhhh Moments tonight

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2017 at 10:33 PM Post #11,394 of 13,134
Mhm, I've got many @PETEREK built cables and his build quality is TOP notch and his prices are excellent.

Speaking in terms of how a Cable can change things, I was fortunate to get a superlatively built custom OCC cable with my this LCD 2.2, an compared to my other OCC and OFC Cables it's got noticeable better imaging and resolve than the other two. My seller contributes that to how it's braided and shielded in addition to the Cryo treatments on this connectors... all that fancy jargon aside though, I really do prefer this cable just with the LCD 2.2 I have... the OCC Cable I have for my Eikon sounds MUCH thinner and less resolving than this one, but when I pair this cable with my Eikon... I don't get the same benefits... the heavier sound and sharper imaging turn into too much weight, a loss of tactility and cohesiveness with the Eikon... go figure right?

Non the less, in most cases I've found that OFC Cables have a heavier sound and OCC Cables are quicker on their feet. That said I LOVE how my ZMF OFC Cable pairs with my HE 4! That extra weight goes a LONG way to help balanced out an already FAST LIGHT sounding headphone, where as I prefer the lighter sharper sound of my BTG OCC Cable with my Eikon...

Cable musings aside, I'm really enjoying these... so much that I felt the need to get an HD 800... as my HE 4 doesn't really compare to these LCD2's in terms of resolve. That said, while I like both the brighter more energetic sound of the HE 4, I can't listen to it without noticing... the lack of resolve in comparison to the LCD 2.2. Hopefully the HD 800 will make a better compliment to the LCD 2 than my HE 4 is/has

Non the less, I'm listening to a lot of my post rock from my High School days and I'm amazed at how much NEW detail I'm hearing! The LCD 2 is netting me quite a LOT of Ahhhhh Moments tonight

I found my end-game cable for the LCD-2.2.

plusSound X6 T-Metal. :D

X6 & LCD-2 01.jpg

Nov 2, 2017 at 6:40 AM Post #11,397 of 13,134
Just an extension. It's basically two 3ft cables making a single 6ft.

Nov 2, 2017 at 3:02 PM Post #11,398 of 13,134
Just clocking back into this thread after just pulling the plug on some more LCD2's. Always said I would re-buy them sometime in the future (I sold them years ago to finance some HD800).

Anyhow, hope they still sound as good as I remember for Jazz and electronic. I've went for the same as I had (pre fazor).

Nov 3, 2017 at 9:08 AM Post #11,399 of 13,134
I'll more than likely make a full thread on this subject next week once I've had more time with them... But I finally got my LCD-2 back from Audeze. (one of the drivers got damaged during shipping, Audeze covered repair costs!) I've spent around 3 hours with them on, and initial impressions are good, very good.

A lot of people were interested on how they compare to the M1060's... I feel like I need more time with them to give a fully detailed comparison. BUT, one thing that I have already noticed, like a lot, is the details. The Audeze's are on a different level of detail than the M1060. You definitely notice more of the little stuff, like string plucks and softer sounds that other headphones might have missed / got muddied up with the rest of the track. NOW, with that being said, the flipside to this is that poor recordings have more hiss and crackle, and to be honest, it was one of the first things that I IMMEDIATELY noticed. It isn't going to ruin the listening experience for me, if anything, it just makes listening to my SACD's more enjoyable to hear little nuances like that.

If anyone has any specific questions they would like answered on my comparison of the LCD-2 and M1060's, please let me know. I'd be more than happy to give you my thoughts on them once I have had more time with the LCD-2's.

DSC03933.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2017 at 9:25 AM Post #11,400 of 13,134
@biggbenn74, Is your M1060 stock? or have you done some of the mods like paper towel, new ear pads, foam removal, etc? I tried the M1060 once a few months ago but since it was stock it was far behind the LCD-2f and to me it was almost what I'd considered "veiled" since it sounded worst than the HD650 which is to me is not veiled if properly driven.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back