1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread

First

Back
570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579
581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590
Next

Last
  1. YungFrieza
    What's a good amp for these? Just got them a month ago and am only using the Dragonfly v1.2 and want to give it more voltage.

2. Koolpep

Budget?

The best I have EVER heard the LCD2 was with the ifi Pro iCan but it's expensive. 

3. grrorr76
    Schiit audio Mjolnir 2 sounds spectacular with the LCD-2's .

4. marcan
    Bryston Bha-1 here.  Transparent, deep and detailed.
    Not cheap but you can find it second hand, they have a transferable warranty on 25 years.
    Otherwise Audio-gd seems to have a good price/perf ratio.

5. DavidA
    Depends on your budget
    Best I've heard is Liquid Gold with MHDT Pagoda DAC
    My Lyr2 and Ember also do a decent job of driving the LCD-2.
    Headphone output of UD-301 also works quite well

6. x RELIC x Contributor

I have one on order, can't wait! When I heard the LCD-2 from the Liquid Crimson (also amazing) I knew I had to get a LAu from the last batch. :D

DavidA likes this.
  7. 9dlewild

Mine came with a faulty cable. The left channel would cut out and would come back at certain positions if I turned the 1/4" end. I directly called Audeze, never had to interact with Adorama. They were very helpful. Turns out they were sent a batch of faulty cables, the 1/4" male plug on a few of which did not meet Audeze's tolerance levels - so not machined properly. They immediately sent me a replacement, shipping paid. I had a very good support experience. Good luck with your issue, should be a breeze. Hope you get back to enjoying these cans soon!

8. Ampeezy
    Yup Audeze has always been swift with repairs in my experience. They usually get back to me within a day of complaint with an RMA number and shipping instructions. Turnover has also been fast, about a week after shipping within the US.

9. retskrad
    I expected visceral bass and big impact from these headphones because of the huge drivers pushing so much air..  oh well.

10. Sonic Defender Contributor
    When both drivers in my LCD 2F are working (sending it in for replacement next week) the bass is pretty solid. It is an open back design, and a planar at that so impact and weight usually do seem lighter than with a dynamic closed headphone. I'm pretty pleased with the bass. I would actually like slightly thicker, warmer mids. I am quite surprised at the treble, certainly more than the LCD 2s I have heard in the past at meets.

11. retskrad
    I forgot to mention that I have the LCD-2 rev1, which is supposed to have the thickest bass of the revisions. Dont get me wrong, the bass is awesome, but it doesnt have nearly as much bass slam and impact as my DT990 for watching movies and games, but the LCD-2 on the other hand is way more linear.

For a $1000 dollar headphone, my expectations were too damn high after reading the reviews.

12. Sonic Defender Contributor
    I get that as I own and have owned some bassy closed headphones, but you just will never get an open back to have the same potential for bass impact and weight as say an equivalent design, but in a closed headphone. However, as you said, the more linear nature of open back bass (typically more linear anyway although it doesn't have to be the case) is also quite attractive. I'm almost a basshead and do hear you. I even wanted more slam from the TH 900! Still, the unique rewards of a well done open back planar are pretty alluring. I'm looking forward to having my LCD 2 replaced and getting some good time listening. I like what I hear, but it will take some time to acclimate for sure.

Edit: I know the DT 990 isn't fully closed, I owned a DT 880 for almost two years.

13. Sonic Defender Contributor
    I'm trying to remember, but isn't the Rev 1 reputed to have more bass quantity, but less slam and impact than the later revisions including the fazor? I might be wrong.

14. Sonic Defender Contributor
    My iDSD Micro on normal gain seems to drive these pretty well, but they are driven even better from my NAD M3 speaker tap and I prefer the signature with my NAD rig as it is warmer. Given how well extended and represented treble is with this headphone (very surprised) I would think warm gear might actually be a positive, but that depends on your taste of course.

15. Lohb

OK, dark and deep. Original tuning.

First

Back
570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579
581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590
Next

Last