Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Oct 4, 2010 at 1:13 PM Post #211 of 13,134
I went back to my house at lunch to check on the delivery slip and two bummers... one, it seems like I can't pick them up until after 1pm tomorrow.  However, I know depending on the carrier they do drop it off the same day and be available for pickup after 6pm so I'll check again later today just in case.

Two, I got dinged with ~$140 in customs tax. 
frown.gif
  I've been having really poor luck with this as of late for some reason... oh well.

Edit: I was able to get them today as I thought!  Listening right now via WA6SE and am VERY impressed, but detailed thoughts will take some time of course.

Oct 4, 2010 at 9:54 PM Post #212 of 13,134

Quote:
The Stax Mafia will kill me for this, but I think I'm going to have to sell my two pairs of Lambdas now.  With the old, but good T1S amp, they just don't have what the LCD-2s do.  I shall, however, challenge them with an Omega 2 and KGSSHV eventually.

Solude sold his O2 setup about a week after the LCD-2s arrived. Just FYI....
smile.gif

Oct 5, 2010 at 7:09 AM Post #213 of 13,134

Quote:
Solude sold his O2 setup about a week after the LCD-2s arrived. Just FYI....
smile.gif

Ssshh. You better erase this message or someone will be hurt by the STAX mafia
biggrin.gif

Oct 5, 2010 at 7:17 AM Post #214 of 13,134

lol!  :p    Ortho Mafia is growing however, they have your back.
Quote:
Ssshh. You better erase this message or someone will be hurt by the STAX mafia
biggrin.gif

Oct 5, 2010 at 3:17 PM Post #215 of 13,134
Latin Percussion really sound special on the LCD2. Been listening to some Latin jazz and the percussion is really very detailed and has great impact. Some great tunes haven't heard in some time. The Mambo Kings soundtrack has some great music with Celia Cruz and Los Lobos and was the movie that made Antonio Banderas a major star. Some great music.

Oct 5, 2010 at 11:25 PM Post #217 of 13,134
Oct 6, 2010 at 1:14 PM Post #218 of 13,134

Quote:
My Fostex got your back bro.  They will go 'Divine Wind' on anyone that messes w/ you!  
eek.gif

Then we'll barrage them with Smeggy's stack of castoff TP cups.  If he has any of the ironwood ones in there, bet that'd leave a mark!

By the way, purchased a set of the ALO v2 cables for the LCD-2 this last weekend.  *drool*  Unfortunately my rig is curtailed for a little while, but when I get the Assemblage->Stacker going again, watch out!

Oct 6, 2010 at 8:54 PM Post #219 of 13,134

Quote:
My Fostex got your back bro.  They will go 'Divine Wind' on anyone that messes w/ you!  
eek.gif

Quote:
Then we'll barrage them with Smeggy's stack of castoff TP cups.  If he has any of the ironwood ones in there, bet that'd leave a mark!

By the way, purchased a set of the ALO v2 cables for the LCD-2 this last weekend.  *drool*  Unfortunately my rig is curtailed for a little while, but when I get the Assemblage->Stacker going again, watch out!

So we can't call ourselves the ortho mafia as the term "mafia" is taken...any other ideas?

Oct 6, 2010 at 10:01 PM Post #220 of 13,134
Ortho ninjas is the correct term I believe.  My training has only just begun - whilst Smeggy has obtained his 3rd dan blackbelt after creating the mighty thunderpants..

Oct 6, 2010 at 10:09 PM Post #221 of 13,134

Quote:
Ortho ninjas is the correct term I believe.  My training has only just begun - whilst Smeggy has obtained his 3rd dan blackbelt after creating the mighty thunderpants..

Nice...silent, but yet violent.
ph34r.gif

Oct 6, 2010 at 10:16 PM Post #222 of 13,134

Quote:

Yeah Ortho ninja works.  Or maybe Ortho Samurai....swift and precise....you also have to picture how it sounds with "Team" in front.

Team Ortho Ninja
Team Ortho Samurai

From Greek "Orthos" translates to "straight" or "proper / correct" 

keep em coming!

Oct 6, 2010 at 10:17 PM Post #223 of 13,134

Quote:
Yeah Ortho ninja works.  Or maybe Ortho Samurai....swift and precise....you also have to picture how it sounds with "Team" in front.

Team Ortho Ninja
Team Ortho Samurai

keep em coming!

My vote is for Ninja.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back