1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread

First

Back
7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
Next

Last
  1. Greeni
    Is it true that these weight 550 gram ??
    It is the very heavy weight that concerns me

2. oqvist

Quote:

Check up the LCD-2 thread. I haven´t measured the weight but yes I don´t doubt they are 550g.

Lovely headphones though constant FOTM for me :wink:

3. Equus
    Heh...flavor of the year so far for me.  [​IMG]

4. Shahrose

Quote:

Yes.
    "Weight: 550 g, without cable"

Source: http://wiki.faust3d.com/wiki//index.php?title=Audeze_LCD-2

5. thread
    I finally wrote my little piece on the LCD-2 for my blog. Just thought I'd share here as well.

Quote:

Original: http://www.threadbox.net/2010/11/22/audeze-lcd-2-the-headphone-the-myth-the-legend/

6. DefectiveAudioComponent
    Nice review! Is the soldering work in that replacement cable ok?

7. thread
    lol, well really I didn't really want to get into this, but it did take Whiplash a few tries to wire my cable correctly. Craig totally smoothed the situation over and did take care of me in the end, and hopefully his assistant now knows how to wire these things for the next guy. I stuck with him, though, because I do like this Sapphire Pro cable otherwise.

8. DefectiveAudioComponent
    Good to hear that it finally ended up ok.... but have you had a look at the actual soldering work inside the plugs?

Quote:

9. thread
    No, but wiggling doesn't cause the connections to cut out, and a voltmeter shows me it's wired correctly.

Quote:

10. Frank I

Quote:

Thread that was a great write up and while I agree with most evrything in it and I respect your opinion I disagree with the cable as no good. I think Canare cable is very good and yes it is speaker cable but after all they all are used for speaker cable. I have had no issues with the cable and I have seen no reason to spend hundreds more for a subtle improvement as most have described. I enjoy my LCD2 as designed but hope your cable situation worked out well enough for your satisfaction and again nice writeup. I enjoyed reading it.

11. JIGF

Quote:

Canare cables are quite good. The only issue I have with the original cable after the mods is the plastic sheathing that goes from the plug to the Y-split. I am trying to find a way to cut it all off but maintain the solders.

12. thread
    If you just wiggle the heat shrinking a bit to loosen the mesh sheathing, you should be able to just tug the sheathing out on both sides. Pull it back, and cut along the length with scissors. The material makes a bit of a mess as it comes apart on the table. That was my experience... And then the wire is all candy-cane looking and is still thick and stiff. I may have exaggerated a bit on my feelings with the stock cable, though... Removing the mesh did mostly fix the microphonics issue, my primary concern.

And thanks for the comments, guys.

13. JIGF

Quote:

That is the mod I already did. What I mean is the plastic sheath that says "Made in Japan".

14. DefectiveAudioComponent
    I just sat down after a long day at work to relax for a few minutes with some music. I sit down in my leather chair, and it also feels like I am wearing one on my head. Soft and comfortable leather furniture for the head. The Bladerunner soundtrack by Vangelis sounds absolutely magical through the LCD-2.The only thing missing right now is a glass of whiskey.

davidmthekidd likes this.
  15. JIGF

Quote:

Then get up and go get it!

About the comfort, someone compared the LCD2 to an Eames lounge chair.

First

Back
7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
Next

Last