Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Dec 6, 2017 at 12:46 PM Post #4,291 of 7,352
I have to say, I found the exact opposite. I contacted my dealer who phoned Exertis. 4 days later my V2 cable arrived with a compliment slip from Kris at Exertis and my retailer. Great service.
Also when I originally had issues with my LCD-2s and the V1 Cipher, they addressed it very promptly.
Same goes for when I asked for the large hook/groovy tip pack and again when I noticed an issue between the Cipher and iPhone X.
They took the issue to Audeze US and replied with the solution I posted a few pages back.
All good from my point of view

Will give them another go then. Maybe since you had your dealer liaison with them you had better luck. I bought mine on Amazon, so I have to go through them directly.
How much did you wind up spending on your Cipher 2 cable if I might ask?

Dec 6, 2017 at 1:20 PM Post #4,292 of 7,352
Hi all,

If you live in the UK and have purchased an iSINE 10 or 20 and would like a cipher V2 cable, please feel free to PM directly so I can resolve.
We've had some issues with our mailbox over the past 2 weeks and not all emails are getting through.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Kind Regards
Steph

Dec 6, 2017 at 1:33 PM Post #4,293 of 7,352
Just found out about monolith 300, has anyone taken their iSine10 back and got these and were pleased with them? Been researching iSine10/20.

Dec 6, 2017 at 2:33 PM Post #4,295 of 7,352
Just found out about monolith 300, has anyone taken their iSine10 back and got these and were pleased with them? Been researching iSine10/20.
I had the iSINE10,but changed to iSINE20. I also have the M300.The differences between the 10/20,were noticeable, but enough for $200? The M300, are again similar to the 10 in soundstage/depth. If you just want/afford one, get the M300,you won't be disappointed. I don't like to comment too much on sound differences, because my ears are 77 years old!.

Dec 6, 2017 at 3:58 PM Post #4,296 of 7,352
I too have had good experiences with Audeze. My 3 1/2 year old LCD-3's had a driver die. Contacted them and they agreed to repair at no cost even though they were off warranty. Repaired a loose connector too while it was in. Even did this when they were a gift and I didn't have receipt. I have real confidence they stand behind their products.

Dec 6, 2017 at 5:26 PM Post #4,297 of 7,352
No, I tried to deal with them on another issue. They are next to worthless.
When Audeze told me to contact them, I basically wrote it off as I know if I email them they will, like with you and me on another issue, ask me for proof of purchase (sure no prob), receive it and then never follow up or be arsed to respond. It's what happened to me last time, and your experience is exactly the same.
Good thing I have no complaints about the cipher 1 cable, and have no service needs.
I have to say, I found the exact opposite. I contacted my dealer who phoned Exertis. 4 days later my V2 cable arrived with a compliment slip from Kris at Exertis and my retailer. Great service.
Also when I originally had issues with my LCD-2s and the V1 Cipher, they addressed it very promptly.
Same goes for when I asked for the large hook/groovy tip pack and again when I noticed an issue between the Cipher and iPhone X.
They took the issue to Audeze US and replied with the solution I posted a few pages back.
All good from my point of view

First, I want to publicly thank you again for your research and posting of how to use soft neoprene tubing to make the earhooks for the iSine go from being annoying and uncomfortable (for me at least) to being super comfortable. Audeze should consider the solution. Thanks, well done!

I don’t know who your dealer is (AudioSanctuary?), I bought mine from Amazon. I admit I didn’t contact Amazon first as my “dealer” and went straight to Audeze US for advice on how to proceed. As mentioned they told me to contact Exertis. Perhaps dealers have more pull than the average customer but I would hope not, it was Audeze USA which referred me to them, I’m a legitimate customer. Also, I don’t know what percentage of Audeze UK customer requests are handled by Exertis successsfully as Audeze would want nor how many UK Audeze customers had my frustrating experience when contacting Exertis. I might well be one of only a few cases or I might bew typical of the majority, I honestly don’t know. What I do know is that Audeze prides itself on its customer service and I am having a frustrating and decidedly negative experience.l I don’t understand why this has happened but if Audeze cares about every customer’s experience they ought to look into what went wrong. It’s certainly no more than a first world problem that I have to “suffer” using my V1 cable and apparently won’t be able to experience V2 because I refuse to pay almost 3x the price of the cable in shipping and customs/VAT to buy in the USA and have it shipped here. That’s not customer focus, that’s shrug your shoulders and ignore the customer’s problem. And of course, Audeze is not at the moment a company I’m feeling good about and I would think they would be concerned about that.

Dec 6, 2017 at 5:30 PM Post #4,298 of 7,352
I too have had good experiences with Audeze. My 3 1/2 year old LCD-3's had a driver die. Contacted them and they agreed to repair at no cost even though they were off warranty. Repaired a loose connector too while it was in. Even did this when they were a gift and I didn't have receipt. I have real confidence they stand behind their products.

Yeah, the issue isn't with Audeze, they are very punctual and helpful. It's with the UK distributor who handles stuff in the UK instead of Audeze directly.
So nothing bad to say about Audeze (I own 3 pairs of their cans and an amp, official fan boy here).

Though the folks at Exertis have hopped in here, so hopefully all will be well and their email issues are resolved.

Dec 6, 2017 at 5:53 PM Post #4,299 of 7,352
Hi all,

If you live in the UK and have purchased an iSINE 10 or 20 and would like a cipher V2 cable, please feel free to PM directly so I can resolve.
We've had some issues with our mailbox over the past 2 weeks and not all emails are getting through.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Kind Regards
Steph

I posted my most recent comment only then to discover Steph’s post to the forum. Steph helped me out on an earlier situation and I”m certain he’ll help me through my current one. Thanks Steph for your presence on the forum!

Dec 6, 2017 at 6:25 PM Post #4,300 of 7,352
Will give them another go then. Maybe since you had your dealer liaison with them you had better luck. I bought mine on Amazon, so I have to go through them directly.
How much did you wind up spending on your Cipher 2 cable if I might ask?

I’m not at liberty to say :wink:

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2017 at 6:26 PM Post #4,301 of 7,352
First, I want to publicly thank you again for your research and posting of how to use soft neoprene tubing to make the earhooks for the iSine go from being annoying and uncomfortable (for me at least) to being super comfortable. Audeze should consider the solution. Thanks, well done!

I don’t know who your dealer is (AudioSanctuary?), I bought mine from Amazon.

My dealer is Highend Headphones (Paul and Wendy). They’re excellent

Dec 6, 2017 at 6:30 PM Post #4,302 of 7,352
Dec 6, 2017 at 7:04 PM Post #4,303 of 7,352
Dec 6, 2017 at 7:39 PM Post #4,304 of 7,352
The Cipher V2 Lightning cable for iSINE 10 & iSine 20.

What’s new in V2?
1) It is almost 50% lighter and about 20% smaller than the previous version, making it more comfortable. This change was made based on user feedback from the Head-fi community.
2) Fully balanced headphone amplifier! - The new Cipher V2 has been designed to operate in fully balanced mode. This means that the cipher V2 delivers double the voltage swing for greater output levels.
3) Improved DAC and DSP sections - Improves on the already good Amp and DAC for a more transparent sound and adds an even more powerful DSP. Sample rate and bit rate support remains the same.
4) New Apple LAM2 chip platform - It also uses the new Apple LAM2 platform for better efficiency and lower power consumption.
5) Dual microphones -- It has two input microphones for clearer voice calls. And the iSINEs were already recognized has having the best call quality of ANY made-for-Apple headset.
6) Four buttons - A fourth button allows you to mute/un-mute the microphone during conference calls. This is also programmable for additional functions in the future.
7) A new App to go with it - A new app called “Audeze HQ” accompanies the new Cipher cable and can be downloaded from the App Store.
Any registered iSINE 10 or 20 with Cipher V1 Lightning cable owner can readily purchase the Cipher V2 cable for $60. You do not have to trade-in or return your original Cipher cable – keep it as a spare. Contact support@audeze for more information.

How do you know if you have the new CIpher V2 cable? It will have 4 controls versus just 3 on the original model. The new Cipher V2 has been rolled out into production for the last few weeks and most units bought recently have the new cable.
Is the DSP specific to the iSines or could it be used with other earphones that use 2-pin without altering the sound? The reason I ask is because I'm so impressed by the V2 that I'm considering purchasing another cable to use with other IEMs. Right now your cable is miles ahead of competitors such as the Fiio i1 or SMSL i2. Few other audio companies have EQ apps for their products that work well and no one (as far as I know) has balanced wiring in a DAC/amp cable. I appreciate that you guys have been one of the pioneers of the lighting-DAC, because its a technology that I initially thought was too limited to use effectively with hi-fi. Audeze has proved me wrong.

Dec 6, 2017 at 9:59 PM Post #4,305 of 7,352
Got an email today stating my order is processed - waiting to ship. Well??? Ship it !!! LOL, Really looking forward to trying out the iSINE 20, and the EL-8 for that matter! And for the price I paid, a little wait is alright by me.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back