Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Dec 6, 2017 at 10:25 PM Post #4,306 of 7,348
Is the DSP specific to the iSines or could it be used with other earphones that use 2-pin without altering the sound? The reason I ask is because I'm so impressed by the V2 that I'm considering purchasing another cable to use with other IEMs. Right now your cable is miles ahead of competitors such as the Fiio i1 or SMSL i2. Few other audio companies have EQ apps for their products that work well and no one (as far as I know) has balanced wiring in a DAC/amp cable. I appreciate that you guys have been one of the pioneers of the lighting-DAC, because its a technology that I initially thought was too limited to use effectively with hi-fi. Audeze has proved me wrong.
Yes the DSP is tuned specifically for the iSines and the iSines do not sound like a typical occluded iem, so I would not recommend buying one for a different iem. Of course if you already have another iem, with a similar connector, no harm in trying them but you may have to sue the Audeze app to do a whole lot of tweaking.

Dec 7, 2017 at 6:01 AM Post #4,307 of 7,348
I posted my most recent comment only then to discover Steph’s post to the forum. Steph helped me out on an earlier situation and I”m certain he’ll help me through my current one. Thanks Steph for your presence on the forum!

Just a post to clear up the issue I raised about trying to get a V2 cable in the UK in case anyone reading this thread finds my experience with Exertis to be a red flag. I've been in touch with Exertis and my situation has been satisfactorily resolved. I was the unfortunate victim of a faulty email server and Exertis has shown the kind of customer care Audeze is known for. Case closed.

Dec 7, 2017 at 6:15 AM Post #4,308 of 7,348
Just a post to clear up the issue I raised about trying to get a V2 cable in the UK in case anyone reading this thread finds my experience with Exertis to be a red flag. I've been in touch with Exertis and my situation has been satisfactorily resolved. I was the unfortunate victim of a faulty email server and Exertis has shown the kind of customer care Audeze is known for. Case closed.

Ditto here, they seem on the case.

Dec 7, 2017 at 3:48 PM Post #4,310 of 7,348
Hey Folks,
Has anyone had the chance to be able to listen to both the
Sine DX and the isine 20?
Regardless of being two different types of systems, which one has the bigger soundstage? Is the soundstage of the isine 20 comparable to that of open back over ears with mediocre soundstage?
Thank you!!

Dec 8, 2017 at 2:44 PM Post #4,311 of 7,348
My friend came back to the country tonight and brought one pair of isine 10 out of the two he ordered (the other is in warranty). These sound just like headphones, quite a lot like my LCD-2s. The cable is troublesome though.

Dec 8, 2017 at 9:45 PM Post #4,313 of 7,348
The V1 cable was flat. The V2 cable is round. I have both and like the V2 better.

Dec 8, 2017 at 11:39 PM Post #4,314 of 7,348
Just received my iSine 20 with cipher cable and the Audeze app showed 6.1.4 firmware available. So I download it and begin the install but it's stuck on Writing 3/4 at 5% for 15 minutes now. Plus I noticed none of the buttons on the cable work with my ipad mini. Anyone have any suggestions?

Dec 8, 2017 at 11:52 PM Post #4,315 of 7,348
Just received my iSine 20 with cipher cable and the Audeze app showed 6.1.4 firmware available. So I download it and begin the install but it's stuck on Writing 3/4 at 5% for 15 minutes now. Plus I noticed none of the buttons on the cable work with my ipad mini. Anyone have any suggestions?
Please unplug the cable, close the app (swipe it away), plug the cable back, open the app, do the firmware upgrade once more, it should work. This is a known issue with iOS 11.1 and above and we are still waiting for an update of iOS to fix the issue.

Dec 8, 2017 at 11:59 PM Post #4,316 of 7,348
Please unplug the cable, close the app (swipe it away), plug the cable back, open the app, do the firmware upgrade once more, it should work. This is a known issue with iOS 11.1 and above and we are still waiting for an update of iOS to fix the issue.
I'm on IOS 9.3.5. It's an older Mini. Tried what you suggested and it didn't work. It's getting hung up at writing 2/4.

Dec 9, 2017 at 12:11 AM Post #4,319 of 7,348
1.6.3. I only have this one IOS device.
Sorry to hear that. Give it one more try on the same device, disconnect cable, restart phone, if possible clean the lighting port, make sure you are in a area with good wifi connection and also makes sure your phone does not go to sleep. If the problem persists, please contact support.

Dec 9, 2017 at 12:24 AM Post #4,320 of 7,348
Sorry to hear that. Give it one more try on the same device, disconnect cable, restart phone, if possible clean the lighting port, make sure you are in a area with good wifi connection and also makes sure your phone does not go to sleep. If the problem persists, please contact support.
Tried it again and still doesn't update. I can play music on 1.6.3 but none of the controls on the cipher cable work.
How long should the update take?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back