Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Sep 3, 2016 at 12:38 PM Post #155 of 7,353
So, The LCD i3's? No Pictures of those or more info on those? Its seems those are pretty much a hybrid of the lcd-3f and lcd-4's but with a cipher cable. SO does that mean Audeze will be selling an LCD Series Cipher cable? Thoughts?

Sep 3, 2016 at 12:44 PM Post #156 of 7,353
So, The LCD i3's? No Pictures of those or more info on those? Its seems those are pretty much a hybrid of the lcd-3f and lcd-4's but with a cipher cable. SO does that mean Audeze will be selling an LCD Series Cipher cable? Thoughts?

That's not how I understood the LCD i3. Taken from Digital Trends' article: "The flagship as far as Audeze’s new in-ears are concerned is without a doubt the $2,500 LCD i3, which use many of the same materials as the company’s $4,000 LCD-4 over-ear headphones." They say that the LCD i3 is part of Audeze's in-ear line, so it should be nothing like the LCD 3 and LCD 4. The reason the LCD 4 is mentioned in their piece is because it and the LCD i3 are made from similar materials.

Sep 3, 2016 at 12:49 PM Post #158 of 7,353

How much can be improved on the Cipher cable given the space constraints? At $2,500, I would think a normal cable of quality will be provided for use with reference DAPs or other such gear. Balanced too.

Sep 3, 2016 at 12:52 PM Post #159 of 7,353
How much can be improved on the Cipher cable given the space constraints? At $2,500, I would think a normal cable of quality will be provided for use with reference DAPs or other such gear. Balanced too.

I don't know but at that price point and technology I would rather go with a Chord Mojo than depend on the cipher cable and iOS device to provide that much detail. I mean its good. but i don't think its that good, especially if it were. the battery on any iOS device would be sucked dry from pulling so much power to give you that optimal audio performance. jmo

Sep 3, 2016 at 1:10 PM Post #162 of 7,353
The only way I would ever even consider getting these would be if they were the best sounding headphones, of any kind, ever made!

And I'm willing to bet all my lunch money that they are most definitely not.

Oh well, Audeze.  Maybe next time.... or the time after that.
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back