Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar magnetic earphones
Sep 4, 2016 at 2:29 AM Post #181 of 7,353

Well that Yamaha YH-5M wasn't exactly an IEM, so you could say that the Audeze are the first. 

Yes it was. It had silicone tips that go in your ears. It's a pretty straightforward definition.

If you want to get really facitious, the Audeze isn't a true IEM either, since no live-sound engineer in the world will be using it to monitor their music due to a lack of isolation, but who even cares at this point   ┐(´-`)┌

Sep 4, 2016 at 3:51 AM Post #183 of 7,353
  1) It is a full range single diaphragm planar magnetic design.  Due to the nature of the driver design and due to the damping material we have used,  there is very little leakage outward. The sound level drops by 60dB by the time it reaches a meter outside the ear!
2) The geometry of driver housing along with the ear tip and damping material blocks a lot of ambient sound and provides reasonable passive isolation. Yes, you will hear gunshots from the outside. Light-sabers are inaudible.
3) Open design on IEMs allows comfortable and  long listening sessions without fatigue. The open and  light weight design along with incredible imaging, clarity and sound transparency of  our earphones would make you forget that you are even wearing them.
4) The LCD-i3 is more like an LCD4  put  through a shrink-ray, but much, much easier to drive - the impedance will be around 20-25 ohms. All of our in-ears can be driven directly by portable devices.
5) There is an audible advantage in coherency and clarity by using a single planar driver instead of dynamic voice coil divers or multiple drivers, like balanced armatures. 
6) Planar drivers helped us achieve a very good bass extension down to 10Hz and also helped us get a great treble extension that is quite uncommon in IEMs. When you hear them, you 'll realize no one has ever designed an in-ear with the overall coherency and bass response of the Audeze products. We are talking ruler-flat from 900Hz down to 10Hz. And the widest soundstage  of all the in ears we have heard.
7) No, we don't expect everyone to love them.
8) All iSINE and LCD-i3s are the same size. They differ in driver design, diaphragm materials, and finishes. We'll have more info on the LCD-i3 in a few weeks.
9)  By including the Lightning cable and having an affordable $399 price point, we are hoping to attract new people to the audiophile community. So we look at the iSINE 10 & 20 as the "next step up" for many customers; not a step down from the LCD series. iSine10 and 20 can stand on their own against most in-ears in the market over $1K easily. 

As one Audiophile reviewer commented at IFA after listening to them for the first time..."It sounds like the LCD2 when I heard it the first time"
The iSine's sound like no other in-ears. They are very different.

Would you say that in your opinion the LCD-i3 is a bit faster and clearer sounding than for example the LCD-3?

I’m thinking like this: smaller driver is normally much faster than bigger ones (example: a 6,5’ speaker woofer is faster than a 12’) and no ear coups and ear pads has to have less area for unwanted reflections.  

Sep 4, 2016 at 4:15 AM Post #184 of 7,353

Would you say that in your opinion the LCD-i3 is a bit faster and clearer sounding than for example the LCD-3?

I’m thinking like this: smaller driver is normally much faster than bigger ones (example: a 6,5’ speaker woofer is faster than a 12’) and no ear coups and ear pads has to have less area for unwanted reflections.  

The idea of smaller drivers being faster than bigger ones is false. A 6.5" woofer is not faster than a 12". If it was, they wouldn't be able to play the same frequencies.

Sep 4, 2016 at 6:40 AM Post #186 of 7,353
1) It is a full range single diaphragm planar magnetic design.  Due to the nature of the driver design and due to the damping material we have used,  there is very little leakage outward. The sound level drops by 60dB by the time it reaches a meter outside the ear!
2) The geometry of driver housing along with the ear tip and damping material blocks a lot of ambient sound and provides reasonable passive isolation. Yes, you will hear gunshots from the outside. Light-sabers are inaudible.
3) Open design on IEMs allows comfortable and  long listening sessions without fatigue. The open and  light weight design along with incredible imaging, clarity and sound transparency of  our earphones would make you forget that you are even wearing them.
4) The LCD-i3 is more like an LCD4  put  through a shrink-ray, but much, much easier to drive - the impedance will be around 20-25 ohms. All of our in-ears can be driven directly by portable devices.
5) There is an audible advantage in coherency and clarity by using a single planar driver instead of dynamic voice coil divers or multiple drivers, like balanced armatures. 
6) Planar drivers helped us achieve a very good bass extension down to 10Hz and also helped us get a great treble extension that is quite uncommon in IEMs. When you hear them, you 'll realize no one has ever designed an in-ear with the overall coherency and bass response of the Audeze products. We are talking ruler-flat from 900Hz down to 10Hz. And the widest soundstage  of all the in ears we have heard.
7) No, we don't expect everyone to love them.
8) All iSINE and LCD-i3s are the same size. They differ in driver design, diaphragm materials, and finishes. We'll have more info on the LCD-i3 in a few weeks.
9)  By including the Lightning cable and having an affordable $399 price point, we are hoping to attract new people to the audiophile community. So we look at the iSINE 10 & 20 as the "next step up" for many customers; not a step down from the LCD series. iSine10 and 20 can stand on their own against most in-ears in the market over $1K easily. 

As one Audiophile reviewer commented at IFA after listening to them for the first time..."It sounds like the LCD2 when I heard it the first time"
The iSine's sound like no other in-ears. They are very different.

Do you know when dealers will start receiving them?

Sep 4, 2016 at 6:44 AM Post #187 of 7,353
The idea of smaller drivers being faster than bigger ones is false. A 6.5" woofer is not faster than a 12". If it was, they wouldn't be able to play the same frequencies.

In speaker world the 6.5 is usually just easier to power than the 12 so with the same power levels the 6.5 may seem it's moving quickier. The reason my ls50's only need 65 watts and my nautilus need 200 watts. Larger driver more energy to move, same concept with these so their easier to drive.

Sep 4, 2016 at 12:33 PM Post #189 of 7,353

Audeze’s terrifying iSine 10 headphones sound terrific

Sep 4, 2016 at 1:22 PM Post #192 of 7,353
I don't think they look as crazy as everyone says. I fully support audeze in doing something different. The LCD4 is one of the best headphones I've ever heard and if some of that technology is in an iem then I think I will be considering these at some point.

I don't want the same hybrid drivers with the same design over and over and over. Regardless of if they're in your taste of being pretty.. The sound is what's important and IMO it's respectable to go against the grain sometimes.

Sep 4, 2016 at 1:23 PM Post #193 of 7,353
I don't think they look as crazy as everyone says. I fully support audeze in doing something different. The LCD4 is one of the best headphones I've ever heard and if some of that technology is in an iem then I think I will be considering these at some point.

I don't want the same hybrid drivers with the same design over and over and over. Regardless of if they're in your taste of being pretty.. The sound is what's important and IMO it's respectable to go against the grain sometimes.

the lcd 4 is plain awesome mate.

Sep 4, 2016 at 2:01 PM Post #195 of 7,353
Isine20 for me:sunglasses:

rha cl1
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back