ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF
Oct 26, 2016 at 6:28 PM Post #346 of 9,714
  Ha ha. Welcome to Head-Fi, and...

I still keep trying to get it down to two: one for classical (most of my listening), and one for everything else. OK, maybe three: one for jazz, one for rock...

Can't speak to Atticus / Eikon but just reveived my ZMF Omni's and they are stellar for classical music, especially solo keyboard which is my preferred genre. I'm hearing counterpoint / bass lines in Bach more clearly than I ever have but never at the expense of euphonic mids and extended, non-fatiguing highs.

I'd love to hear your thoughts about Zach's new dynamics for this type of music as well.

Oct 27, 2016 at 7:20 PM Post #348 of 9,714
  Can't speak to Atticus / Eikon but just reveived my ZMF Omni's and they are stellar for classical music, especially solo keyboard which is my preferred genre. I'm hearing counterpoint / bass lines in Bach more clearly than I ever have but never at the expense of euphonic mids and extended, non-fatiguing highs.

I'd love to hear your thoughts about Zach's new dynamics for this type of music as well.

I hope I can oblige! Glad to hear the Omni's are good. Looking forward to trying out the Eikon for classical.

Oct 27, 2016 at 7:35 PM Post #349 of 9,714

Wow--that's really saying something. Solo keyboard is one of the hardest instruments for any audio system to reproduce well. If there's any tonal abnormalities, you hear it right away. And the dynamics and bass impact can be punishing (it takes real power to convey some of those transients).

I'd love to see pictures of the new padauk Omni's, if you have any...

Oct 28, 2016 at 1:48 AM Post #352 of 9,714

Wow--that's really saying something. Solo keyboard is one of the hardest instruments for any audio system to reproduce well. If there's any tonal abnormalities, you hear it right away. And the dynamics and bass impact can be punishing (it takes real power to convey some of those transients).

I'd love to see pictures of the new padauk Omni's, if you have any...

With pleasure, and my first impressions of these beauties are posted here.

Oct 28, 2016 at 10:59 AM Post #354 of 9,714

I posted a few photos of my Padauk (which I told Zach to tint them a bit darker/deeper) in the Omni thread. Not sure if you have seen them, but here they are.

gorgeous

Oct 28, 2016 at 1:04 PM Post #355 of 9,714
  With pleasure, and my first impressions of these beauties are posted here.

Wow--that's pretty! And if the Omni's work as well as you say on Bach's Well Tempered Clavier...they'll work well on pretty much anything.

Thanks also to @Joeybgood for more pretty pictures.

IMO you're both doing everyone on this string a favor, showing what padauk looks like in its normal shade & the darker shade. Since padauk is the only wood option offered on the Atticus & Eikon (at least for now)--and apparently isn't a super-common choice for the Omni's, from what I can tell--this is welcome exposure to it.

(really pretty wood...)

Oct 29, 2016 at 3:47 PM Post #358 of 9,714
Padauk Atticus here.  =)

Oct 29, 2016 at 3:56 PM Post #359 of 9,714
Question for Zach: If we order later in the pre-order period, how much later would the headphone be finished? Since they aren't being individually tweaked, are we talking about all within the same month, or is order time to wait-time exponential because of potential flow of orders first week?

As for which one, I'm set on the Eikon for general sound and bass hit, but would like to figure out more of the difference between Cherry and Padauk a bit more before I decide..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back