ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF
Oct 24, 2016 at 1:30 PM Post #331 of 9,707
I read that and screamed "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" But in Zach we trust.

Don't worry it'll be like, a touch less mid-bass.  The magnets in the production Atticus drivers will be stronger than what you heard at RMAF, so it will actually "feel" as strong, just with better THD and control!

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Oct 24, 2016 at 1:37 PM Post #332 of 9,707
Don't worry it'll be like, a touch less mid-bass.  The magnets in the production Atticus drivers will be stronger than what you heard at RMAF, so it will actually "feel" as strong, just with better THD and control!

I love you man. In like, that not weird kind of way.

Oct 24, 2016 at 4:02 PM Post #333 of 9,707
I love you man. In like, that not weird kind of way.

I worded that poorly. Haha, haven't had much sleep. He said "a touch less midbass" (as he confirmed above) and my brain seemed to have wrote "tone down the bass" even though I was thinking I was typing that first part.

Oct 24, 2016 at 4:12 PM Post #334 of 9,707

I worded that poorly. Haha, haven't had much sleep. He said "a touch less midbass" (as he confirmed above) and my brain seemed to have wrote "tone down the bass" even though I was thinking I was typing that first part.

It's all good.   I didn't actually have a teenage-girl-omg-freakout-lifeisover moment.

Not at all.

lol

Oct 24, 2016 at 4:19 PM Post #335 of 9,707
Just think of the mid bass cut as a better mid range proper. Its gonna be great!

ughghgh... these are gonna take too long...I miss the Eikon. I am also eager to hear the Atticus production unit. 

I postponed my purchase of the Milo and picked up a modded he-6 and cayin iha-6. The 650 is just not cutting it for me as my "only headphone". Shipping the Eikons back left a big hole.

Oct 24, 2016 at 4:39 PM Post #336 of 9,707
  Just think of the mid bass cut as a better mid range proper. Its gonna be great!

ughghgh... these are gonna take too long...I miss the Eikon. I am also eager to hear the Atticus production unit. 

I postponed my purchase of the Milo and picked up a modded he-6 and cayin iha-6. The 650 is just not cutting it for me as my "only headphone". I need me some high end hp's until the Eikons are ready. 

Same here, though I'm using the THX00 atm. After being completely disappointed by the Ether and only slightly disappointed with the Ether C, I have rather high hopes for the Eikon/Atticus. I'm most likely getting a Cherry Eikon, but who knows.

Oct 24, 2016 at 5:01 PM Post #337 of 9,707

Really looking forward to experiencing it!  I'm sure it will sound epic!

Oct 24, 2016 at 5:54 PM Post #338 of 9,707

"Honey I'm testing this out on a loaner program" :joy:

Yeah, that doesn't fly anymore either.  I now get, "Yeah, well how much is shipping?!?!?!?!?!?"

Ha ha.  
tongue.gif

Oct 24, 2016 at 6:30 PM Post #339 of 9,707
Same here, though I'm using the THX00 atm. After being completely disappointed by the Ether and only slightly disappointed with the Ether C, I have rather high hopes for the Eikon/Atticus. I'm most likely getting a Cherry Eikon, but who knows.
I'm hoping for a more refined THX00 less V shaped,with Zack's tuning ie the TH-900 done right.

Oct 25, 2016 at 2:32 AM Post #341 of 9,707
What's the difference between the woods for each model, and how do you think they would respond to EQing (max output)?

The woods differ mostly in the weight and note decay speed. Cherry is the lighter of the two with a bit longer decay while Padauk is slightly faster (you hear the sound reaching sooner your eardrum) and heavier. Both are tuned to the same frequency responce however.
About EQing them..only @zach915m knows
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 25, 2016 at 5:33 AM Post #342 of 9,707

I postponed my purchase of the Milo and picked up a modded he-6 and cayin iha-6. The 650 is just not cutting it for me as my "only headphone". Shipping the Eikons back left a big hole.

Yeah, I hear you...the HD650 is a wonderful headphone, but I could not cut it as my only headphone either....but I tried for awhile.

Oct 26, 2016 at 5:47 PM Post #345 of 9,707
I heard both of these are RMAF and I still can't decide which I'm going to order.  I think it'll be the Eikon in cherry, though.  They're really both even more gorgeous in person, and they're oh so comfortable!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back