1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by hisoundfi, Oct 1, 2016.
First

Back
13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
Next

Last
  1. zach915m

Don't worry it'll be like, a touch less mid-bass.  The magnets in the production Atticus drivers will be stronger than what you heard at RMAF, so it will actually "feel" as strong, just with better THD and control!

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
    grizzlybeast, Vigrith and ProfFalkin like this.
  2. ProfFalkin

I love you man. In like, that not weird kind of way.

3. PacoTaco

I worded that poorly. Haha, haven't had much sleep. He said "a touch less midbass" (as he confirmed above) and my brain seemed to have wrote "tone down the bass" even though I was thinking I was typing that first part.

4. ProfFalkin

It's all good.   I didn't actually have a teenage-girl-omg-freakout-lifeisover moment.

Not at all.

lol

5. grizzlybeast
    Just think of the mid bass cut as a better mid range proper. Its gonna be great!

ughghgh... these are gonna take too long...I miss the Eikon. I am also eager to hear the Atticus production unit. 

I postponed my purchase of the Milo and picked up a modded he-6 and cayin iha-6. The 650 is just not cutting it for me as my "only headphone". Shipping the Eikons back left a big hole.

6. PacoTaco

Same here, though I'm using the THX00 atm. After being completely disappointed by the Ether and only slightly disappointed with the Ether C, I have rather high hopes for the Eikon/Atticus. I'm most likely getting a Cherry Eikon, but who knows.

7. ProfFalkin
    Really looking forward to experiencing it!  I'm sure it will sound epic!

8. whirlwind
     Ha ha.   [​IMG]

9. Kozic
    I'm hoping for a more refined THX00 less V shaped,with Zack's tuning ie the TH-900 done right.

Venture Guy likes this.
  10. EternalCoconut
    What's the difference between the woods for each model, and how do you think they would respond to EQing (max output)?

11. felix3650
    The woods differ mostly in the weight and note decay speed. Cherry is the lighter of the two with a bit longer decay while Padauk is slightly faster (you hear the sound reaching sooner your eardrum) and heavier. Both are tuned to the same frequency responce however.
    About EQing them..only @zach915m knows [​IMG] 

EternalCoconut likes this.
  12. whirlwind

Yeah, I hear you...the HD650 is a wonderful headphone, but I could not cut it as my only headphone either....but I tried for awhile.

13. Pharmaboy

Qu'est-ce que c'est "only headphone"?

This stuff is going right over my head!

14. Arcamera
    Ha ha. Welcome to Head-Fi, and...

I still keep trying to get it down to two: one for classical (most of my listening), and one for everything else. OK, maybe three: one for jazz, one for rock...

15. sq3rjick
    I heard both of these are RMAF and I still can't decide which I'm going to order.  I think it'll be the Eikon in cherry, though.  They're really both even more gorgeous in person, and they're oh so comfortable!

First

Back
13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
Next

Last