Astell&Kern AK380
May 6, 2016 at 8:48 AM Post #5,131 of 9,041
One thing we can all agree on is the 380 - does sound good no matter what version 
redface.gif

May 6, 2016 at 8:59 AM Post #5,133 of 9,041
Mmm....I don't think it is "yuge." <---President Trump's voice. For me, the difference is clear enough to dump my 380 in favor of the cu not just on my Layla but others as well. To each......

Some folks do, and some folks don't - can't fault them either way. Personally for me, I've had a free demo AK380 from the distributor for almost 1 year now and it's no secret I've been going to the shops on numerous occasions before deciding to give up my free demo AK380 and spend my money to buy the Cu anyway. My demo AK380 has gone to @Currawong now.

As for the A&K rep, I'm curious what his response would be if the next customer comes up and says that the Cu is the best thing since slice bread and is a massive improvement over the stock - food for thought.

May 6, 2016 at 9:14 AM Post #5,134 of 9,041
With my Roxannes and JH16, I could hear a little difference between the CU and the regular 380 (both using each version of their amp), but when I compared with my Edition X, the difference between the two was a lot more obvious/easy to hear. I noticed way more micro detail and instrument separation with the CU on the EditionX

Same goes for a lot of equipment I've compared over the last 8-10 years on head-fi, differences are much easier to notice with TOTL headphones vs TOTL IEMs.

I think the Edition X are probably one of the best headphones for the Ak380+amp cause they don't require a lot of power but scale greatly depending on the signal you feed them. HE1000 are also great, but I sold them cause I felt the ak380+amp did not do them justice, they really need a good desktop amp to shine

May 6, 2016 at 9:21 AM Post #5,135 of 9,041
Some folks do, and some folks don't - can't fault them either way. Personally for me, I've had a free demo AK380 from the distributor for almost 1 year now and it's no secret I've been going to the shops on numerous occasions before deciding to give up my free demo AK380 and spend my money to buy the Cu anyway. My demo AK380 has gone to @Currawong
 now.

As for the A&K rep, I'm curious what his response would be if the next customer comes up and says that the Cu is the best thing since slice bread and is a massive improvement over the stock - food for thought.

Well put, Anakchan! :thumbsup:

May 6, 2016 at 9:29 AM Post #5,137 of 9,041

For the price you have to pay, find me a person who'll say bad things about it: basic psychology 101.
wink.gif

i think its the reverse, that's why you have alot of angry customers for things they paid for in general especially if it is expensive

May 6, 2016 at 9:36 AM Post #5,138 of 9,041

For the price you have to pay, find me a person who'll say bad things about it: basic psychology 101.
wink.gif

I pay a lot of taxes but don't have anything positive to say about taxes - so cognitive dissonance doesn't always ring true 
wink.gif

May 6, 2016 at 9:51 AM Post #5,139 of 9,041
Mmm............tidal integration is something we can all get behind. I hope it will be available on all AKs, not just on next gen. But I can't wait for AK's glacial move anymore. I am pulling the trigger on the M20 to serve as my second Tidal device (after the ZX2).

May 6, 2016 at 6:33 PM Post #5,141 of 9,041
Nice watch Gavin. Looks brand new every time you clean it.
Does AK380Cu with AmpCu has more power then Lotoo Paw Gold?

Yep, you sound like someone that knows. It sparkles everytime you clean it with just running water and the weight on your wrist always remind you of solid gold. I listened to the Lotoo Paw Gold for the first time and I love it. I think the power is 500mw per channel. Very very nice sounding and musical dap that gives the 380 a run for its price.

May 6, 2016 at 8:29 PM Post #5,142 of 9,041
Yep, you sound like someone that knows. It sparkles everytime you clean it with just running water and the weight on your wrist always remind you of solid gold. I listened to the Lotoo Paw Gold for the first time and I love it. I think the power is 500mw per channel. Very very nice sounding and musical dap that gives the 380 a run for its price.

Yes, Jalo. Have to agree with you. My go to DAP when I'm on the road. And as you pointed out, gobs of power to drive the Tralucents and lovely sonic sig. Underrated TOTL DAP. :)

May 7, 2016 at 12:16 AM Post #5,145 of 9,041
I love the LPG, great device. Sounds beautiful. Amazing DAP. I'm sure there were some comparisons. I'll have to do a search, just to get an idea of what the AK380 sounds like.

Hey guys! I just purchased the ak380cu but it'll take a week to get here. I already have the LPG. I now have way too many players and i need some advice. Haha

Thinking if i should
A.) sell the LPG and get a hugo
B.) sell the LPG and keep the money
C.) keep both LPG and ak380cu
D.) sell the LPG and get an ak cu amp

I already have the mojo. Using iems. Mostly my a12.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back