Astell&Kern AK380
Apr 26, 2016 at 4:05 AM Post #4,862 of 9,041
Well reflecting back to my previous post again, I'm not jumping to anything yet and need more information before any opinion can be made. i.e. Was the AK380 bought 2nd hand? Was it bought new? If it's new, where was it bought from? Grey market or legitimate distributor? If from legitimate distributor did the distributor handle the post sale support?

And finally I hope the $2200 is for the RMAed AK380 rather than the fault AK380 itself! Also I would have expected AK to demand back the faulty AK380 before giving out the replaced AK380.

In short, I'm urging folks wait/ask for more info before jumping to any conclusions.

It Was Bought from a legit dealer here in Canada. After I filed a chargeback after being totally ignored. AK finally reached out to me probably due to the reseller being pissed. They apologized and told me to rma back to my dealer and they'd replace it with a brand new in box unit.

This is the one id be selling for 2200 which is a killer deal i think. I'll include the recipt as well still almost half a year of warranty on it as well. Just want out of the ak ecosystem. They made it right in the end but a bad taste qas left in my mouth.

Apr 26, 2016 at 9:07 AM Post #4,869 of 9,041
Mmm....that's why, as I was polishing my cu today, I kept whispering "your days are numbered. Your days are numbered."

Not to worry raypin. New stuff get pop up every now and then. It a cycle.

What most important you enjoy the sonic the cu gave you. The new ak might trump over spec and features but if the SQ could withstand, your ears definitely not going to loose out anything :)

Apr 26, 2016 at 9:21 AM Post #4,870 of 9,041
Munich show is coming soon and I have a feeling that a new flagship from A&K will be announced :)))

I doubt : Last year same time, 10 days before MUNICH 2015, there was already some leaks and teasing about the AK380.

This year no rumors, no leaks, no teasing... :frowning2:

Apr 26, 2016 at 11:07 AM Post #4,871 of 9,041
For a valued member of HF :

Ahh, that's very nice of you, @AnakChan.  It's good to feel appreciated.  No rush.  You can send it via regular mail. 
biggrin.gif

Apr 26, 2016 at 12:00 PM Post #4,873 of 9,041
Think the red one is mine :heart_eyes:

Apr 26, 2016 at 3:31 PM Post #4,874 of 9,041
For a valued member of HF :

Gee... You shouldn't have, Anakchan... :wink:

Sadly, the black ones were already sold out when I wanted one. So I ordered one in blue from aesopica in case there was a run on the cases there too. Now just to sit tight while Mr Park works on mine. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back