Astell&Kern AK380
Apr 27, 2016 at 4:29 PM Post #4,891 of 9,042
I'm in the process of doing the same.  Strange they would shut down production so soon after release.  I guess there's just not enough of us out here to justify a larger run.

Perhaps so, Jazzi. Good to hear you've pulled the trigger as well. I'm eager to see how the blue leather will play off the oxidised copper look. :)

Apr 27, 2016 at 9:15 PM Post #4,892 of 9,042
Perhaps so, Jazzi. Good to hear you've pulled the trigger as well. I'm eager to see how the blue leather will play off the oxidised copper look.
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm sure it'll be gorgeous!  I went with the tan.

Apr 27, 2016 at 11:41 PM Post #4,894 of 9,042
I despise the use of any case in all electronic gadgets. It undermines the original design (basically wiping it out) and is usually incredibly ugly. It also adds to the bulk. In the case of AK240 and AK380Cu, the sound quality is also negatively impacted. The best looking case is always no case. I don't care if the case is made of real gold and diamonds. If you are afraid of dropping your gadgets, (1) don't; (2) don't buy it if you can't afford repairing it or buying another one.

I saw online that there are protector films and cases for Apple Watch. I never see people wearing Rolex, AP, PP, IWC, Omega or even Seiko need to protect their watch with a case. And these folks want a case for the (already ugly) Apple Watch? What a joke. Those people must be a certain type of case (starts with an "n"). Maybe people will start putting plastic wraps around their cars. Imagine a Tesla Model X wrapped in a leather case. LOL.

Apr 28, 2016 at 12:14 AM Post #4,895 of 9,042
Apr 28, 2016 at 12:14 AM Post #4,896 of 9,042
  I despise the use of any case in all electronic gadgets. It undermines the original design (basically wiping it out) and is usually incredibly ugly. It also adds to the bulk. In the case of AK240 and AK380Cu, the sound quality is also negatively impacted. The best looking case is always no case. I don't care if the case is made of real gold and diamonds. If you are afraid of dropping your gadgets, (1) don't; (2) don't buy it if you can't afford repairing it or buying another one.

I saw online that there are protector films and cases for Apple Watch. I never see people wearing Rolex, AP, PP, IWC, Omega or even Seiko need to protect their watch with a case. And these folks want a case for the (already ugly) Apple Watch? What a joke. Those people must be a certain type of case (starts with an "n"). Maybe people will start putting plastic wraps around their cars. Imagine a Tesla Model X wrapped in a leather case. LOL.

Plenty of my DAP's in the past were used without a case. With the edges on AK players I feel much safer using the case.

Apr 28, 2016 at 12:26 AM Post #4,897 of 9,042

I'm in the process of doing the same.  Strange they would shut down production so soon after release.  I guess there's just not enough of us out here to justify a larger run.

Or may be they know something that we don't, something like there is a new model coming out?
biggrin.gif

Apr 28, 2016 at 12:29 AM Post #4,898 of 9,042
Or may be they know something that we don't, something like there is a new model coming out?:D

Haha! Considering they still carry cases for the 240, 100 and 120... :yum:

Apr 28, 2016 at 12:54 AM Post #4,901 of 9,042
Apr 28, 2016 at 1:01 AM Post #4,904 of 9,042
Apr 28, 2016 at 1:01 AM Post #4,905 of 9,042
I confess I do have Justin Bieber in my AK380Cu though...

But, but you have Justin Bieber over Taylor Swift? You should go see a doctor and have your ears, no eyes check.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back