Aproear Feedback Thread - Vidal's sub $50(ish) Chi-Fi IEM Reviews
Oct 24, 2017 at 3:51 AM Post #181 of 266
Have you tried Xiaomi's Mi In-Ear Headphones Pro HD? They look very nice for the price and I've heard good things but I would love to hear your opinion as well.

I've had a review of those since January

http://www.aproear.co.uk/xiaomi-hd-pro/

To be frank they're nothing to write home about compared to more recent designs and with all the fakes knocking about I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole at the moment

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2017 at 4:22 AM Post #183 of 266
Hey guys, what's a good chifi IEM with thunderous bass and sub bass?

Sorry, I wouldn't view thunderous bass as good ChiFi if I'm honest. There are some more bassy earphones I'd recommend but whether they're bassy enough for what you're looking for is anyone's guess. The following are one's I'd say have a more bassy signature:-
  • Boarseman KR49
  • Winintone RG-EB601 - UK Amazon
  • Memt X5
  • Senzer H1

Oct 24, 2017 at 5:14 PM Post #185 of 266
suggest a IEM to be worn under a motorcycle full face helmet. I'm after something which is flushed and don't come off as I put my helmet onto.

My ZhiYin Z3000 arrived today. They sit as flush as possible. Cable goes over ear. No memory wire.
Only have had a short time listening with them but sounding great with my music.

Got mine from NiceHCK on ali but the plain black and plain white seem to be gone. I have the plain white with no mic.

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2017 at 5:21 PM Post #187 of 266
My black ZhiYin's are so low profile I can sleep on my side with them

Maybe I will try that tonight while my husband is at work...definitely could lie on my side. Might not want to get strangled by the cable...

BTW, the cable is nice.

Oct 24, 2017 at 8:51 PM Post #188 of 266
I've had a review of those since January

http://www.aproear.co.uk/xiaomi-hd-pro/

To be frank they're nothing to write home about compared to more recent designs and with all the fakes knocking about I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole at the moment
Thanks for the reply!

I was going to ask for a few recommendations. but then I discovered that you have reviewed hundreds of Chi-fi IEMs in my price range! I've narrowed it down to some of your top picks as it seems we prefer a similar sound. Out of the Boarseman KR25D, Mannhas C190, KZ ZS5, E-MI CI880, and the ADAX HT06 which do you think would work the best for me?

I mainly listen to acoustic stuff (Damien Rice, Neutral Milk Hotel, José Gonzalez, Jason Mraz, etc.) but I'm also into some jazz, soft rock, and classical. I'm looking to spend under $75USD.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017 at 12:35 AM Post #189 of 266
Thanks for the reply!

I was going to ask for a few recommendations. but then I discovered that you have reviewed hundreds of Chi-fi IEMs in my price range! I've narrowed it down to some of your top picks as it seems we prefer a similar sound. Out of the Boarseman KR25D, Mannhas C190, KZ ZS5, E-MI CI880, and the ADAX HT06 which do you think would work the best for me?

I mainly listen to acoustic stuff (Damien Rice, Neutral Milk Hotel, José Gonzalez, Jason Mraz, etc.) but I'm also into some jazz, soft rock, and classical. I'm looking to spend under $75USD.

The recommendation for the ZS5 is for the version 1 which maybe hard to get hold of similarly the Mannhas have pretty much disappeared. I'd put the EM-I on the list and given your musical preferences the BossHiFi B3. The ADAX is pretty good to considering their ultra low price and Prime delivery (not sure if they're available in Canada though)

But.......

I have a number of new IEMs on route which will be reviewed as soon as they get here - PMH Hybrid, TinAudio T2 and BVGP DM5.

Oct 25, 2017 at 5:32 AM Post #190 of 266
Hey guys, just wanted to let you know where I ended up with my search for a cheaper IEM with really thunderous bass. I recently bought a bundle consisting of the following:

Easy LZ-ZO3A
Rhapsodio Clipper
Musicmaker KK-TIng
**** 4in1
KZ ZST (carbon pattern)
KZ ED10
VSONIC VSD3S
Tennmak Piano

If you're looking for pure bass slam, the Rhapsodio Clipper hands down. It's incredible what these tiny little drivers can put out (they hit harder than the Sony XBA-A3 I used to own). Treble is gently boosted to compensate for the huge mid bass hump, so cymbals are also audible and don't get lost in the mix. Unfortunately, the midrange does suffer as a result of the bass, and the timbre of voices and instruments can sound slightly off (male vocals I'm familiar can sound nasally). If you're looking for visceral bass that doesn't sacrifice detail under $50, I'd highly recommend the Rhapodio Clipper.

All in all, I mostly use it for EDM and Trap for gym workouts, and I'm very happy with it :)

Oct 25, 2017 at 7:45 PM Post #192 of 266
The recommendation for the ZS5 is for the version 1 which maybe hard to get hold of similarly the Mannhas have pretty much disappeared. I'd put the EM-I on the list and given your musical preferences the BossHiFi B3. The ADAX is pretty good to considering their ultra low price and Prime delivery (not sure if they're available in Canada though)

But.......

I have a number of new IEMs on route which will be reviewed as soon as they get here - PMH Hybrid, TinAudio T2 and BVGP DM5.
Excited to see your upcoming reviews! You didn't mention the KR25D.. are they still available and if so, would they suit my listening preferences?

Edit: Also forgot to ask, where would you recommend purchasing the EM-I CI880 and is the version with the black cable the same internally as the white cabled version?

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017 at 12:41 AM Post #193 of 266
They're fairly balanced but I think the B3 is more what you're looking for.

These are the EMI in the states, not sure if the delivery goes north of the border.

https://www.amazon.com/Earphones-Mi...e=UTF8&qid=1508993595&sr=8-1&keywords=blumuze

The brand name that people have been buying is Blumuze, there a generic earphone so they've been popping up under different brand names. I haven't tried the black version, it's ceramic rather than metal bodied.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017 at 12:57 AM Post #194 of 266
Just added reviews for a borrowed pair of Swing IE800, and a couple of disappointing dynamics Baseus H04 and Gorsun C7.

Next up is Brainwavz Jive!

Oct 26, 2017 at 1:44 AM Post #195 of 266
Just added reviews for a borrowed pair of Swing IE800, and a couple of disappointing dynamics Baseus H04 and Gorsun C7.

Next up is Brainwavz Jive!
Swing IE800s looked decent but the Tingo version you mentioned in the review sound even better. How does the Tingo IE800 compare to the BossHiFi B3 or the E-MI CI880?
Also, I'm not limiting my choices to only Chi-Fi models so if you know anything that would better suit under $75 USD I would love to hear.
Thanks for the help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back