Aproear Feedback Thread - Vidal's sub $50(ish) Chi-Fi IEM Reviews
Aug 19, 2017 at 6:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 266

Vidal

Member of the Trade: Asian Provocative Ear
I've decided to open my own thread so that users of my site can ask questions about the earphones I've reviewed. Please don't PM me asking for personal recommendations as I will only direct you to this thread (from today).

For those who aren't aware all the earphones that I and Loomis review on my site are purchased by ourselves for our own use. We don't have affiliate links to sellers as a kickback or receive free samples.

You can donate to help fund our reviews if you wish - more donations = more reviews.

To date there are now +160 reviews of a wide range of Chi-Fi IEM on Aproear along with some western brands for reference.

@peter123 also provides reviews for premium equipment. Peter's thread can be found here

Aug 19, 2017 at 8:05 AM Post #3 of 266
Which ones do you find to be the highly resolving, very detailed sounding? I'm not talking about appearance of high details by bumping up the lower treble, but real high resolving performance without much of a sparkle(or being too bright). Bass isn't a big deal for me, but mids are important as well.

Aug 20, 2017 at 2:07 AM Post #10 of 266
The QKZ K1's look interesting indeed. With 2 filters and a breathe hole aperture adjustment!

If its done right, it means that those can come to have 4 possible combinations of sound signature ?? (did I interpret that correctly ?? )

Aug 20, 2017 at 2:17 AM Post #11 of 266
In theory yes, but in reality they're really fiddly and a bit of a PITA to adjust. So far sound impressions are OK rather than great.

Aug 20, 2017 at 2:33 AM Post #12 of 266
Read some of its feedback on Aliexpress, not universally praised for the sound quality. So probably not that 'great' a earphone like your impression so far.

By the way, regarding the ADAX HT06, apparently they have followed it up with a HT07. But it still hasn't appeared on Amazon, though you can find it on Aliexpress.
Probably the same drivers, but the casing is a lot more bulbous, wonder if they sound will be better ??
2017-New-arrival-HT07-In-Ear-Wide-frequency-Response-Earphone-Dynamic-HiFi-earphone-earpiece-Metal-Earphone.jpg

Aug 20, 2017 at 5:37 AM Post #13 of 266
Good spot with the HT07, I'll wait for it to appear in the Amazon store though as I have a backlog of earphones to review.

Aug 20, 2017 at 8:27 PM Post #14 of 266
Does the EMI have the little notch on the nozzle to help keep tips secured? Seems like a weird question since I thought this feature existed on all earphones. I gave KZ another chance and purchased the ZS5 but the shafts are perfectly smooth which means the tips get left in my head almost every single time I remove the earphones. This got old immediately so I will be returning them. I guess it's not much of an issue for other people because I don't think I have seen anyone else complaining about this.

They sound great to me though, like a direct upgrade over the ZST.

Aug 20, 2017 at 8:28 PM Post #15 of 266
@Vidal, which are the most neutral (or neutral-ish) sounding you've tested?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back