April Music Eximus DP-1
Jun 28, 2012 at 7:01 PM Post #436 of 803
How many watts does the Eximus put out. Do you think they would drive the Hifiman HE6 ok?

I do not have Hifiman He 6 , if he 6 more difficult to drive than my vintage Akg K 340 , I think

It is not enough power from the Eximus Dp 1 .

With Akg K 340 it self I must turn the volume control at 3 o clock .

Jun 28, 2012 at 7:04 PM Post #437 of 803
Quote:
The point is , that Eximus HO section is very good head Amp.

In your opinion.  Others said it sounds like a Little dot mk6 if that's considered very good so be it.

Jun 29, 2012 at 3:59 AM Post #440 of 803
Quote:
It is far away the sound quality from eximus dp 1 headphone amp section compare to a little dot
Mk 6 and Fiio E6 , Eximus dp 1 is different class above

Before owning a Rudistor RP8, I too owned a Little Dot VI. After messing around with various tubes to try and justify buying it, I bought the RP8. This was leagues ahead of the VI. I have now bought the Eximus, initially to augment my set up. However, the sound signature is so similar to the RP8 that I no longer need to use it.

Anaxilus must have heard a duff Eximus.

Jun 29, 2012 at 1:02 PM Post #441 of 803
Quote:
Before owning a Rudistor RP8, I too owned a Little Dot VI. After messing around with various tubes to try and justify buying it, I bought the RP8. This was leagues ahead of the VI. I have now bought the Eximus, initially to augment my set up. However, the sound signature is so similar to the RP8 that I no longer need to use it.

Anaxilus must have heard a duff Eximus.

Yes i agreed with your impression, now i am hearing my Eximus Dp 1 with my LCD 2 rev 2 , as source i use my Imod Ipod Video 5,5 Gen

drive use Digital Media Transport Onlyo NDS 1000 , I turn the volume at 11.30 sound very good 

Jun 29, 2012 at 11:17 PM Post #442 of 803
Got my Eximus today! Wow! Did some listening with Beyer T1 and Mr Speakers... Very nice, the T1 sound warm and cozy, really a great combo!
Need to break it in before commenting more... But so far so good.
The over sampling button really changes the sound too, like Srajan mentioned.
M

Jun 30, 2012 at 11:23 AM Post #443 of 803
The Eximus is ridiculously good. Vs Nad the musicians are there in the room with you. Great bass grip and detail. Nad is lighter in bass, paler in presentation but still good. Eximus. From SB touch edo to USB clarity! Clearer than any DAC I've heard so far. Amazing

Jul 7, 2012 at 12:48 PM Post #445 of 803
Hi

Just wondering what feet you are using under the DP1 and whether they make an audible difference?

I use Durapod foot for my Eximus Dp 1 , these durapod foot have the same function like spike footer , to eliminate Eddie current magnet surround our audio aquitment .
If you put so kind of spike like my Durapod foot , the Sound Quality from my Eximus has better
Body In the bass and mid is more lush and sweet , the high is more extended.
So kind of refinement in audio gear you must try by your self.

Jul 7, 2012 at 2:48 PM Post #447 of 803
Yeah, it's rather funny how seemingly idiotic tweaks such as elevation feet and power conditioners change the SQ of the DP-1 quite drastically....but well, one will always be someone else's audiophool, and what truly matters is your own satisfaction 
happy_face1.gif

Jul 8, 2012 at 5:13 PM Post #448 of 803
The moongel drum pads are the best I tried. A friend and I tried over a dozen different brands. You can but these at Sweetwater Sound or Ebay for $6.95 with free shipping. They even sounded better than Racing Diamond and Stillpoints.

Jul 9, 2012 at 8:35 AM Post #449 of 803
I have BDR MK3 cones and LM Pillows (2.25") under all my Eximus gear. The cones on their own were a bit hohum and it wasn't until something like the LM Pillows were added before the big improvements were made. I have tried the old BDR Pits and they were different but good also, the BDR LM Discs offered great speed and midrange clarity but were a little light in the bottom end so I swapped them out with the LM Pillows. With my new interconnect offering a lot more bottom end I might try adding a disc or 2 to the DP-1.

I also tried a lot of other things like roller blocks and various alloy cones and they didn't sound as good as the full BDR setup. Also MK3 cones were a lot better than MK4 ones to my ears.

The other thing I found that made a big difference was adding RCA and XLR noise covers over my unused connectors. Definately a very cost effective mod. I just got the Vintage Audio Lab ones from Ebay and they seem fine.

Jul 9, 2012 at 11:47 AM Post #450 of 803
The issue is that the rabbit hole goes deeper and deeper w/ those covers
biggrin.gif
 : http://hifi-unlimited.blogspot.com/2010/06/cap-wars-rca-caps-shoot-out-cardas-vs.html

I know some ppl on another audiophile forum who prefer having one brand on the digital/analog inputs and another brand on the outputs(some shortcut the connector, some don't), that's what I call OCD 

Anyway, I was told that fuses did matter but that they were really only meant to be the icing on the cake...you could easily invest your money in more revealing improvements, such as a clean linear regulated USB power because we're merely listening to the PSU's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back