April Music Eximus DP-1
Jun 28, 2012 at 6:55 AM Post #421 of 803
Quote:
I don't really find that convincing.

You didn't like it, that's unfortunate but no one is trying to convince you into anything whatsoever....there's like a zillion DAC's out there, hopefully you'll find one that you'll like...and if I were you, I'd keep looking as this would end up being a far more fruitful use of your time 
wink_face.gif

Quote:
What do you guys think of the Beyer T1?

The worst of what the dynamic world has to offer FWIR? Try an ortho, become a believer 

Jun 28, 2012 at 9:21 AM Post #422 of 803
Can someone point me to a review of all the sound signatures of the different headphones.
Ive heard the Senn HD-800, Grado 1000, Hifiman He6 ,
Mr Speakers... lol, they are actually pretty good. My friend is an audio dealer (its bad to have friends like this!) link
Ive also heard the Audeze LCD 2. I like dynamics with detail. From the amps I heard these phones on I felt the Audez and Senn were more open expansive and detailed but not as dynamic as the Grado for example. Im wondering if it way the head amp or just the sound signature.

Jun 28, 2012 at 9:27 AM Post #423 of 803
Quote:

You didn't like it, that's unfortunate but no one is trying to convince you into anything whatsoever....there's like a zillion DAC's out there, hopefully you'll find one that you'll like...and if I were you, I'd keep looking as this would end up being a far more fruitful use of your time 
wink_face.gif

I appreciate your ardent defense and sensitivity but I was responding to his comment that the amp 'drives' his phones.  I was saying that such a statement doesn't really mean anything and it was clear we were talking about the HO amp section and not the DAC.  As you can see I already have a DAC I'm more than satisfied with, I was just offering critical impressions of the Eximus that some might find useful.  I'd also be wary suggesting to other people what would or would not be fruitful use of their time as you see fit.  Apparently I've stumbled onto another disguised appreciation thread where offering impressions that are less than perfect are not tolerated.  Perhaps changing the thread title would be more fruitful use of time.

Jun 28, 2012 at 11:07 AM Post #424 of 803
Quote:
I felt the Audez and Senn were more open expansive and detailed but not as dynamic as the Grado

The ortho sound might take some time to get used to, and it's basically the anti-Grado so try again if you find the patience 
happy_face1.gif

Quote:
I was responding to his comment that the amp 'drives' his phones.

All I'm saying is that repeating in every page that you didn't like the DP-1 is not really useful to anyone.......I hate dynamic headphones, I don't go saying that "orthos > dynamics" in every thread as this would be a waste of everyone's time 
biggrin.gif

You prefer a $50 amp over the DP-1, we heard you and we're actually happy for you.

Jun 28, 2012 at 11:20 AM Post #425 of 803
Quote:
All I'm saying is that repeating in every page that you didn't like the DP-1 is not really useful to anyone.......I hate dynamic headphones, I don't go saying that "orthos > dynamics" in every thread as this would be a waste of everyone's time 
biggrin.gif

You prefer a $50 amp over the DP-1, we heard you and we're actually happy for you.

I think you are being overly sensitive and imagining something that's not there by putting words in my mouth.  To clarify, I said I liked the DP-1 DAC, just not as much as my PWD but it has a nice alternative seductive signature that I could find myself lost in. I only criticized the the amp section for HO, not the DAC.  The DP1 is primarily a DAC first it seems to me.

I would have been happy to stop talking about it if people didn't make silly accusations of me using an iPod or bad transport because I find the amp section not up to my standards.  Blaming a transport for an amplifiers poor performance is pretty ridiculous in itself and makes zero sense.  That nonsense requires a response.  Especially when I don't even use anything Apple.  

Jun 28, 2012 at 11:43 AM Post #426 of 803
My point is that you've been heard, and this is all so subjective that there is no "right" or "wrong"...if you want "technically right", get a JRC4556 based O2 but subjectively speaking some review sites break it in two, mostly because you can't measure subjective SQ despite the fact that its designer seems to believe that the ASRC Benchmark DAC1 is the pinnacle of audiophilism due to its stunning measurements results: http://www.headfonia.com/nwavguys-objective-2-by-jdslabs-and-epiphany-acoustics/
Quote:
not really the total knockout NwAvGuy would have us to believe.

I've got more trust in TPA6120 than in JRC4556 myself 

And I rest my case that there isn't a single game ender everyone would agree upon...c'est la vie: the DP-1 is not cost effective, it's sweet sounding and it also projects a very impressive live impression when using its USB input. Not everyone will like this combination.

Jun 28, 2012 at 11:50 AM Post #427 of 803
Quote:
My point is that you've been heard, and this is all so subjective that there is no "right" or "wrong"...if you want "technically right", get a JRC4556 based O2 but subjectively speaking some review sites break it in two, mostly because you can't measure subjective SQ despite the fact that its designer seems to believe that the ASRC Benchmark DAC1 is the pinnacle of audiophilism due to its stunning measurements results: http://www.headfonia.com/nwavguys-objective-2-by-jdslabs-and-epiphany-acoustics/

I've got more trust in TPA6120 than in JRC4556 myself 

And I rest my case that there isn't a single game ender everyone would agree upon...c'est la vie.

Wow I can't believe you went there especially w/ me.  My O2 is in a box at a friends house.  It has a LM4562 in it, I don't even know where I put the JRC4556 nor do I care to find out.  I think you need to take a step back because you aren't talking about anything relevant to anything I've said tbh.  Let's move on shall we.  
wink.gif

Jun 28, 2012 at 12:24 PM Post #429 of 803

Pictures speak better than Thousand Words

Eximus D1 as Head amp / Pre amp to drive my Stax Srm 727 mk 2 as Power Amp + Stax Sr 007 mk 2 Headphone

In my Set up Stax Electrostatic Amp Srm 727 mk 2 only as Stator , all the head Amp Function handel my Eximus Dp 1.

If my Eximus Dp1 is NOT very good Amp ?

Do you think can drive Stax Sr 007 mk 2 in fabolous Sound ?

Please advise 

Jun 28, 2012 at 1:49 PM Post #431 of 803
It looks like a tube preamp? Integrated? The sides are open so it shouldn't be too bad. I have my preamp and mono tube amps enclosed, though I did drill many many holes in the cardboard back of the entertainment center for the tubed sections. Seems to stay relatively cool to warm. 

Jun 28, 2012 at 4:44 PM Post #433 of 803
Quote:

Please advise 

I did advise but apparently the advice disappeared.  It seems to me we have a language barrier issue so I'm not sure what you areeven asking or if you are asking anything at all.  I advise you to not ask someone how your system sounds by showing a picture.  I advise you to use the HO jack instead since that was the key point we were talking about.  If you want advice about your 'stator' rig w/ the 007 you should shoot/pm a picture to Kevin Gilmore.  Personally I'm not a fan of Preamps w/ Electrostats.

Jun 28, 2012 at 6:53 PM Post #434 of 803
I hope that not a tube amp squeeze between those shelves? Also love the paper napkins or tissues between the feets :D

You are right , In between is my high end tube pre amp T+A P 10.2 .

This is the website from Germany : http://www.taelektroakustik.de/

I use my Pre amp , as my primar set up , special in the week end , because for tube pre amp

I must warming up the tubes first for 5 minute.

For my second pre amp mostly I use Eximus Dp 1 , because solid state is instant , only turn it

On , I can directly enjoy my music.

For the tube circulation , I have increase only the wooden shelvesc about 1 cm with rubber feet.

Below the top shelves . I am not so worry about the heat because surround my rack is open.

Jun 28, 2012 at 6:57 PM Post #435 of 803
I did advise but apparently the advice disappeared.  It seems to me we have a language barrier issue so I'm not sure what you areeven asking or if you are asking anything at all.  I advise you to not ask someone how your system sounds by showing a picture.  I advise you to use the HO jack instead since that was the key point we were talking about.  If you want advice about your 'stator' rig w/ the 007 you should shoot/pm a picture to Kevin Gilmore.  Personally I'm not a fan of Preamps w/ Electrostats.

For my all dynamic and ortho headphones I use from HO out in Eximus Dp 1

The picture show only , that with Eximus Dp 1 as pre amp / headphone amp , I can have very good Sound Quality with my set up above.

The point is , that Eximus HO section is very good head Amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back