Apex Glacier amp/dac review and appreciation thread
Mar 25, 2013 at 2:10 AM Post #496 of 862
Quote:
How are you guys connecting the DAC to an iphone 4s (6.1.2) or ipod classic and ipad mini without the CLAS? How do you connect it with the mini if it has a lightning port? Can I just connect the DAC to the iphone 4s by getting the apple camera connection kit and installing the cameraconnector package on cydia with a jailbroken iphone? Thanks.

No, it doesn't work. I tested it already.

Mar 25, 2013 at 9:09 AM Post #500 of 862
I got the expensive one that TTVJ sell as a optional extra for the apex glacier. It a micro (OTG) to micro usb cable. edit As your in the UK it might be worth contacting Toxic cables for a similar cable.

Mar 25, 2013 at 7:29 PM Post #504 of 862
Mar 26, 2013 at 2:56 PM Post #507 of 862
Quote:
Nah. Neither S2 nor Note 1 supports USB DAC. It only work with S3 and Note 2 in SS line up.
Ipad works in my case but not iphone 4s. Even when I disabled charge function through Dac port.

Hey! Have you compared the full size s3 and the mini? I wonder if the lower ram and processing power of the mini would affect the quality of digital output. I intend on running flac. 

Open Q: Are people generally happy to buy the S3 primarily as a DAP for glacier first, and phone second...or was it just a happy coincidence you had an S3 before buying glacier ? 

Mar 26, 2013 at 3:38 PM Post #508 of 862
I bought the s3 for a number of reasons, GPS when hiking/wlaking/biking (the S1 and S2 GPS is a bit naff) and a DAP (best to use it in airplane mode anyway, stops interference from the mobile network) but Ive also got a practical devices xm6 and PCStep which work with the S3 as well.

Mar 26, 2013 at 6:37 PM Post #510 of 862
Before I had a cowon j3, which I used for 2 years, but after amping the headphone out of the S3 with the objective 2 into some frogbeats c5 customs I realised the soundstage was quite narrow with the J3 and the bass a bit rolled off. edit I needed some more oomph for the hd650's as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back