AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player
Aug 27, 2019 at 9:08 PM Post #3,136 of 4,614
1) This is the name of the ZIP file that I downloaded for the firmware upgrade. Is this the same one you downloaded? AP80 V2.0 FIRMWARE-20190819T153122Z-001.zip
2) When you "unzip" that file, you should get a folder called " AP80 V2.0 FIRMWARE "
3) These are the files you will wind inside that folder: AP80 2.0 Beta Firmware.docx 7KB in size. Second file is update.upt and it is 53,730KB in size dated 8/14/19

If you can't find the folder. Do you know how to do a file search? Search for update.upt. Look for the file that is 53,730KB.

ONLY that update,upt file should be on the root directory of the micro-sd card. (I recommend that the Microsd card be formatted FAT32)
- Delete any other update files from the microSD card.
Insert the card into the AP80. Start the AP80. It should ask if you want to update firmware. Select YES. If it's not automatic, then manually update from System Settings that you will see when you start the AP80, and swipe you finger to the left...

Am trying to be as complete, and simple as I can be! Good luck.
Thanks for the effort. I'll certainly give it another try.

Aug 27, 2019 at 9:45 PM Post #3,137 of 4,614
I don't know if any of you guys could chime in. Just started to use bluetooth dongles connected to headphones with the AP80 (coincidentally it was shortly after i've upgraded to FW 2.0 beta). I know its not the best way to appreciate the AP80 sound quality but I enjoy the convenience (especially while doing the dishes in the evening - in fact i just blu tack the dongle to the side my removable cable modded Grado SR80e - basically going wireless). Unfortunately I've noticed that with both dongles (one over SBC and the other over APTX) I own i'm just getting mono sound. Since the issue is with both bluetooth dongles the culprit must be the AP80. Have any of you guys noticed anything similar? Is the problem only with FW 2.0 beta or also with earlier versions?
Has anyone else been experiencing mono sound over bluetooth with FW 2.0 beta?
@AndySocial have you tried bluetooth with the latest firmware?

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2019 at 5:34 PM Post #3,138 of 4,614
I’ve been using AP80 successfully with KZ T1, it is a match made in heaven...

Aug 29, 2019 at 6:36 PM Post #3,142 of 4,614
I don't know if any of you guys could chime in. Just started to use bluetooth dongles connected to headphones with the AP80 (coincidentally it was shortly after i've upgraded to FW 2.0 beta). I know its not the best way to appreciate the AP80 sound quality but I enjoy the convenience (especially while doing the dishes in the evening - in fact i just blu tack the dongle to the side my removable cable modded Grado SR80e - basically going wireless). Unfortunately I've noticed that with both dongles (one over SBC and the other over APTX) I own i'm just getting mono sound. Since the issue is with both bluetooth dongles the culprit must be the AP80. Have any of you guys noticed anything similar? Is the problem only with FW 2.0 beta or also with earlier versions?

Using the Radsone Earstudio ES100 with the AP80. and have beautiful stereo sound. Using LDAC. Clean and Clear. 2.0beta2 firmware.

Aug 29, 2019 at 10:19 PM Post #3,143 of 4,614
Has anyone else been experiencing mono sound over bluetooth with FW 2.0 beta?
@AndySocial have you tried bluetooth with the latest firmware?
I tried the AP80 with 2.0 firmware with an AptX headphone set (Cowin brand, specifically). I didn't notice any particular change in audio quality from prior firmware versions, and stereo was definitely present. Lloyd's "Dedication to my Ex" bounced appropriately from side to side. Good separation, as usual.

Aug 29, 2019 at 11:29 PM Post #3,144 of 4,614
Hey guys, just got an AP80 and having some trouble with getting album art to show up for most of my music. When I open up a song with working album art in MP3Tag it has a jpeg image, with res 800x800 at a size of about 80kb but a song with album art that isn't appearing on the AP80 has a jpeg image with res 500x500 at a size of 100kb exactly

Both files are FLAC

Any idea what could be wrong? Is there a better application to edit tags?

Aug 30, 2019 at 11:16 AM Post #3,145 of 4,614
Aug 30, 2019 at 11:58 AM Post #3,146 of 4,614
@ballog

1) Any chance that your Earphone jack is not getting fully inserted into your Bluetooth Receiver? (Sometimes jacks are stiff when new.)

2) Also, could your Grado's have a cable problem? Double check by plugging directly into the AP80?

3) Most computers (And Phones) have bluetooth. Can you connect one of those to your bluetooth dongles and play some music to your Grado's to be sure it's an AP80 problem. IF you get stereo, it may be the AP80. IF you still get Mono, it's likely your Grado's... their cable, or jack.

Aug 30, 2019 at 5:20 PM Post #3,147 of 4,614
@ballog

1) Any chance that your Earphone jack is not getting fully inserted into your Bluetooth Receiver? (Sometimes jacks are stiff when new.)

2) Also, could your Grado's have a cable problem? Double check by plugging directly into the AP80?

3) Most computers (And Phones) have bluetooth. Can you connect one of those to your bluetooth dongles and play some music to your Grado's to be sure it's an AP80 problem. IF you get stereo, it may be the AP80. IF you still get Mono, it's likely your Grado's... their cable, or jack.
If you put the supplied case on, it's a sure bet that nothing would plug-in completely, as all of the holes are not centered. I experienced unseated plugs many times before finally taking it off permanently. Later I enlarged the hole and put it back on and everything's fine now.

Edit: Oops! I was talking about your dap and not your Bluetooth receiver. Not applicable. Sorry

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2019 at 5:04 AM Post #3,148 of 4,614
@ballog

@AndySocial @CactusPete23 @KimChee guys thanks for chiming in. I finally figured it out. I was getting the impression that i was getting mono sound because when i was trying to tune the channel balance (i have a slight imbalance in my hearing) on bluetooth the sound would stay in the middle. From earphone one the channel balance works so its a bug in the AP80 on bluetooth. Thanks again for all your input.

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2019 at 12:58 PM Post #3,149 of 4,614
Glad you figured it out, well not to your satisfaction anyways. So I guess you set all your daps this way due to hearing??

Sep 1, 2019 at 4:33 AM Post #3,150 of 4,614
Don't suppose the ap80 has podcast/audiobook support does it? Amazon uk has the gray one down to £125 from £150 atm (no idea how long).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back