AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player
Feb 22, 2019 at 6:25 AM Post #2,641 of 4,614
The entire existence of the AP80 is a screwup. When you can't even get a carrying case created properly, what chance is there that the firmware will ever be good?

I can get a Fiio M3K locally. Maybe I should just grab one of those until the M6 is sold locally as well.

Hidizs should just stick to DACs and IEMs and get out of the DAP market.

Yeah I am buying an M6 from a friend in St Louis, hopefully will get it next week. Funnily enough he knows someone with an AP80 that also wants to sell his. He made me deal for both but after getting advice from abitdeef on the AP80 I am taking a hard pass. I will stick to the M6 and likely sell my M0 to someone I know from work. Fiio has a production shortage right now on the M6 so it could be awhile before we see stock.

Out of curiousity did you ever consider the Fiio M7? There is certainly stock available on that and it is selling on bestbuy.ca for $239.00 CDN right now. So only slightly more costly than the M6. I would have consider it if the deal for the M6 wasn't so good.

Feb 22, 2019 at 10:49 AM Post #2,642 of 4,614
Yeah I am buying an M6 from a friend in St Louis, hopefully will get it next week. Funnily enough he knows someone with an AP80 that also wants to sell his. He made me deal for both but after getting advice from abitdeef on the AP80 I am taking a hard pass. I will stick to the M6 and likely sell my M0 to someone I know from work. Fiio has a production shortage right now on the M6 so it could be awhile before we see stock.

Out of curiousity did you ever consider the Fiio M7? There is certainly stock available on that and it is selling on bestbuy.ca for $239.00 CDN right now. So only slightly more costly than the M6. I would have consider it if the deal for the M6 wasn't so good.

I almost bought the M7 before the AP80 KS campaign. After spending $$$$ on new bedroom and living room furniture and tossing in the Tin Audio T3 on Massdrop not longer after getting the Macaw GT600S I think she will kill me if I spend another $200+ on a DAP...

Feb 22, 2019 at 1:28 PM Post #2,643 of 4,614
I almost bought the M7 before the AP80 KS campaign. After spending $$$$ on new bedroom and living room furniture and tossing in the Tin Audio T3 on Massdrop not longer after getting the Macaw GT600S I think she will kill me if I spend another $200+ on a DAP...

I can relate, seems that being married and being into audio are incompatible. If we ever get remarried my vows will be "till DAP's do us part" leave the death part out cause she will kill me if I buy anything without her approval anyway. :ksc75smile:

Feb 22, 2019 at 4:57 PM Post #2,644 of 4,614
I can relate, seems that being married and being into audio are incompatible. If we ever get remarried my vows will be "till DAP's do us part" leave the death part out cause she will kill me if I buy anything without her approval anyway. :ksc75smile:

Amen, brother.

Feb 23, 2019 at 5:23 AM Post #2,645 of 4,614
It enables LDAC transmission and reception, and probably other stuff but there's no changelog and Hidizs has been nearly completely silent since the Kickstarter funded. I did notice one change - it seems to remember the path you took to get to the currently-playing song, so if you swipe to the left you see the playlist or album that you started from, rather than needing to start back at the root. It also starts the player, if there's a track to resume, in the playlist rather than in the Now Playing screen, which is odd. I don't know if that's intentional behavior, because ya know - no changelog or communication.

Wow swipe left is actually done on the AP80. That took a long time for Hiby to implement. Wonder if they have it on the R3

Feb 23, 2019 at 11:29 AM Post #2,648 of 4,614
wonder if this fixed the battery issue i was having. that was an issue i was having with my unit it would go down to 0% without even using it just sitting there turned off would happen within a few days. i flashed it we will see what happens.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2019 at 5:35 AM Post #2,652 of 4,614

Have you got your T3s yet? I'm interested in them for the AP80, would love to know if they kick butt. I had actually intended to get the T2s but then found out about the existence of the T3s xD

Feb 24, 2019 at 2:03 PM Post #2,654 of 4,614
Have you got your T3s yet? I'm interested in them for the AP80, would love to know if they kick butt. I had actually intended to get the T2s but then found out about the existence of the T3s xD

No. Still waiting for Massdrop to ship them. I almost purchased the T2s but when I saw the cable on the T3s... Sold!

Feb 24, 2019 at 4:29 PM Post #2,655 of 4,614
EQ and MSEB are active over Bluetooth. BT stability seems good over a variety of codecs. It's not super powerful, but within five feet or so, it's rock solid.
Thanks. I hope, the AP80 can handle ~20.000 files?
Is the genre issue fixed meanwhile? I mean only genre structure with just tiltes instead Genre -> Artist -> Album or Genre -> Album
I don't know where the problem is to create a database with a normal "MP3"-Tagging-structure....
FiiO has just a simple structure (but with Genre -> Album), Sony has a better structure, but no EQ handling for FLAC anymore with the latest devices....

in addition, is the battery draining (i read about it) fixed?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back