AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player
Feb 13, 2019 at 11:31 AM Post #2,611 of 4,614
Thank you for your advice @moisespr123

I have sent two videos to Hidizs showing my connection problem & disconnection of the sound jack (3.5 mm jack), in which it is seen how the sound changes (mono & stereo) when moving my finger on the headphone jack ( IEM)

https://we.tl/t-ZDDS8WEpUK

Now I have to wait to see what they decide about the repair & replacement. The AP80 is under warranty, since only a few months ago I have it in my hands.

I hope you answer me soon. I will keep you informed.

Greetings friends and thanks for your help

Found the AP80 FCC internal photos document:
https://fccid.io/2ANW4-AP80/Internal-Photos/09-AP80-IntPho-4122190.pdf

Maybe that can also help diagnose the problem :)

Feb 13, 2019 at 11:37 AM Post #2,612 of 4,614
No problem Sir, we should be thanking you! :smile_phones:
2015151_m
2015151_m

Feb 14, 2019 at 10:18 AM Post #2,613 of 4,614
Hi!

Since the AP60Pro promised firmware update never happened - do we face the same fate with the AP80? Beta software forever? Any idea when a stable (non-beta) FW will drop for us? Stile l looks a bit unpolished in a few areas - the hiby link iOS app by the way as well - it's great when it works.... wish it would do so more reliably.

Feb 14, 2019 at 10:40 AM Post #2,614 of 4,614
Hi!

Since the AP60Pro promised firmware update never happened - do we face the same fate with the AP80? Beta software forever? Any idea when a stable (non-beta) FW will drop for us? Stile l looks a bit unpolished in a few areas - the hiby link iOS app by the way as well - it's great when it works.... wish it would do so more reliably.

The silence from Hidizs is annoying. Especially when you see them hawking their other merchandise on social media.

Feb 19, 2019 at 6:14 AM Post #2,616 of 4,614
I recently bought a SanDisk 256go micro SD card.
Filled it up with music. Readable on my MacBook and a windows 10 laptop.
Also on my AP60 v1.

But not the AP80....
Scanning does not work. There is no music found...
Any idea? Someone else had this problem?

Feb 19, 2019 at 7:28 AM Post #2,617 of 4,614
Speaking of sd card anomalies. I took the card out of a FiiO X3 and put it in the AP80. When I go to the index, in files, all of the music folders and files can been seen, but when in albums, only 3 albums are shown. Why is this?

Feb 19, 2019 at 8:26 AM Post #2,619 of 4,614
Speaking of sd card anomalies. I took the card out of a FiiO X3 and put it in the AP80. When I go to the index, in files, all of the music folders and files can been seen, but when in albums, only 3 albums are shown. Why is this?

You can try to use the File view and see if the folders are shown and if the tracks are there. Then try updating the database. If is it set to Auto, it should update the database whenever the microSD card is inserted, so removing it and inserting it again shown update it. If it is set to Manual, then you must manually update the database.

Feb 19, 2019 at 8:31 AM Post #2,620 of 4,614
You can try to use the File view and see if the folders are shown and if the tracks are there. Then try updating the database. If is it set to Auto, it should update the database whenever the microSD card is inserted, so removing it and inserting it again shown update it. If it is set to Manual, then you must manually update the database.

None of this is working in my case...
Database update finds no music
And folder browsing none too

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2019 at 8:52 AM Post #2,621 of 4,614

Never added anything, but never thought about updating the database. Makes sense. I'll try that tonight.

Feb 19, 2019 at 12:01 PM Post #2,624 of 4,614
That's very strange. What format are you using for your audio tracks?

a mix of all kind. Mostly flac, some mp3, some wav and ape.
I think the card is formatted fat32. Or exFAT. I'll check later

When you look at the System Information, does it recognize that there is any storage available at all? Could be a card format issue (assuming it's not a bad card entirely).

jep. I have to check that again. But the card works fine on two type of computers (mac and win10) and in the AP60 ...

Feb 19, 2019 at 12:19 PM Post #2,625 of 4,614
@CactusPete23 thank you very much for your help

I have contacted Hidizs through hello@hidizs.net and I can only wait for your answer to my problem.

I have cleaned the contacts as you advise me, but the problem persists, it seems to be a welding problem of the headphone jack since, as I was saying, moving the jack of my IEMS correctly connects or disconnects the sound.

If you can tell me how you can access the part of the circuits so that if it were necessary to open, I imagine that it will be a lid that is strongly stuck on the back of the screen .... but I do not know how I can take it apart or take it off.

Again, thank you very much for your help and I will inform you with the solution I find

Chapter II

After several emails, I took several days without answer to my problem in my AP80 by the technical service of Hidizs. It's a pity that being a technically good product, you have such a bad customer service. I see that they continue with their campaigns to promote their various products, but they do not serve customers with problems. Is it so difficult to make a decision and attend correctly?

I'm still waiting, I hope the next chapter is soon ...

Regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Back